Page 10 of 10 First First ... 678910

Thread: Discuss: Evolved skins

Discuss: Evolved skins

Originally Posted by davcon1
    The new sentinal skin is evolved for sure,the starting skin a devolved version.

But the tyrant and reaver class seem misnamed, evolved = still have human like apearence, and they gain monster like features as they devolve?
    This has been explained a number of times in various places on the forums. Vampiric pupation or "evolution" is associated with increasingly vampiric or monstrous features, but the Razielim are the most resistant to this because they were first born.

However, the reason only the Razielim became more human-like is because their fledglings were extra devolved due to blood starvation, which has been partially reversed in the evolved skins (because they've been feeding.)

Raziel's first inkling of devolution were his wings, so technically they're all devolving

But they're evolved in that they have the features of their sires, unlike the fledglings/younger vamps we've been playing as.

To the "black lipstick" : The vampries in Nosgoth always have had darkening to their lips. It's not lipstick; it's a look of being undead.

But the tyrant and reaver class seem misnamed, evolved = still have human like apearence, and they gain monster like features as they devolve?
    All three retain human like features, but have cloven hands and feet. Devolved versions are seen in SR1.

Originally Posted by The_Hylden
    Raziel's first inkling of devolution were his wings, so technically they're all devolving
    I don't think this quite a fair description. Raziel's wings were part of his dark gift; his evolution, not devolution. Probably better to say that all of the vampires in Kain's empire both evolved and devolved at the same time. They evolved dark gifts like vampires from other times, but Nupraptors curse deformed their bodies and minds at the same time. Sometimes their devolution related to their dark gifts, but it wasn't the origin of them.

Ruevergne: Agreed, that´s how I understand it as well.

no, its evolution first then devolved, the wings must be part of the evolution.
    signature image

Yes, to clarify the wings were the last vestige of evolution, before the faster devolution kicked in for the Razielim.

Vampires of any strip would evolve regardless inherited corruption first. Vorador for instance had green bat like ears and spikes - I think he was evolving to look like a tree in his swamp

Originally Posted by CountEyokir
    Vampires of any strip would evolve regardless inherited corruption first. Vorador for instance had green bat like ears and spikes - I think he was evolving to look like a tree in his swamp
    I believe Voradors ears were influenced by Vlad the Impaler's armor. Daniel once mentioned the armor as a inspiration for LOK and after looking it up, I immediately thought the helmet reminded me of Vorador.

http://lilywight.files.wordpress.com..._dracula_l.jpg

EDIT: Hmm. Also known as "Anubis Armor" or "Anubis Muscle Armor".
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 21st May 2014 at 09:08.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    I believe Voradors ears were influenced by Vlad the Impaler's armor. Daniel once mentioned the armor as a inspiration for LOK and after looking it up, I immediately thought the helmet reminded me of Vorador.

http://lilywight.files.wordpress.com..._dracula_l.jpg

EDIT: Hmm. Also known as "Anubis Armor" or "Anubis Muscle Armor".
    Thought that would be more the case. Was that armour real or just something made up for a movie?

Originally Posted by CountEyokir
    Thought that would be more the case. Was that armour real or just something made up for a movie?
    I'm not sure. It might have only been used in Bram Stoker's Dracula (for which Eiko Ishioka won an Oscar), but Daniel did mention the armor as an inspiration. I'm not sure it matters that much. I expect the BO1 devs would have been looking for vampire references first and indirect influences second.

EDIT: Duh! I should have just looked at the topic heading: http://www.dcabdesign.com/forum/view...&t=1588&p=4119
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 21st May 2014 at 10:22.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Looking for a Spoiler

What skins do you get at level 25 rank?

You can find that information here: http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/vampire-...l-cap-increase

^^
    signature image

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Eric
    The only thing that changed since PAX is the Turelim's skin, which indeed go from grey to the yellow/brown color he now is.
    I am glad you did this. Its closer to what we see in Soul Reaver

and the grey made him look a little flat, almost toony. Now you can see some real details and textures.

I am already enjoying new skins on my Reaver and Sentinel (tyrant - you're next! xD).

Can't wait to see evolved Zephonim.
    signature image

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    I am glad you did this. Its closer to what we see in Soul Reaver and the grey made him look a little flat, almost toony. Now you can see some real details and textures.
    I actually liked the grey one and I don't think it looked toony. Like I said before, it would be nice to keep the grey one as a variant, or maybe use that with the caped uniform from the SR1 intro later on.

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    I actually liked the grey one and I don't think it looked toony. Like I said before, it would be nice to keep the grey one as a variant, or maybe use that with the caped uniform from the SR1 intro later on.
    I agree, I liked the grey one better ... but I have no idea what Gen meant by calling it "toony."

Originally Posted by PencileyePirate
    I agree, I liked the grey one better ... but I have no idea what Gen meant by calling it "toony."
    Toony, might have been the wrong word; but whenever the primaries are similar colors like gray and blue in a fast paced game, like this, they often blend into a blob during the game and a lot of the details get lost. On display it does look better in gray and blue; but during an actual match, and please don't get angry about this comment, it reminds me of bugs bunny with rabies while on steroids.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 23rd May 2014 at 21:55. Reason: merging consecutive identical posts

But the colour of dirt, doesn't blend into the ground that just happens to be made of dirt? Seriously though, the game is fast paced enough that with everyone moving around so much, camouflage isn't much of an issue. It's not exactly a stealth game.

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    The Turelim looks amazing but I can't wait to see what they do to the Dumahim because right now it hard to even picture what this

will look like midway through its transformation into this

The problem is by the time the Dumahim got to there last evolution stage from soul reaver the clan was nomadic there leader was technically dead at the time. But like your self i would like to see where they were before they hit that final stage of evolution

These all look great

Page 10 of 10 First First ... 678910