Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: Harrier jet

Harrier jet

Harrier jet

Not shore about what its called in the game but i felt this question was important enough to start a thread about it.

Does the Harrier have vertical and horizontal takeoff and landing IN THIS GAME?
    This user is gone... packed up and left. Sorry

A truly good question that I now hunger to know the answer to.
    The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.

i hope it does, GTA SA did it like a BOSS
    Thats my warmUP Founder of the New Panau Renegade Army (N.P.R.A.)

Looking at it, I doubt it will... but would be pretty sweet if it did

I also have doubts about it having a vertical takeoff ability... I really hope so though, I would love nothing more than to casually hover through the city (like I did in San Andreas) or over a military base, completely razing it.
    signature image

I think it's a pivotal vehichle in the game and judging by the nozzles it probably will

My god...

Its so beautiful...

*weeps*

You know it would be even more beautiful if it can hover, and take off vertically too.

Originally Posted by Che_Guevara
    You know it would be even more beautiful if it can hover, and take off vertically too.
    I'm not being a to you but isn't that what a Harrier Jump Jet does?
    My Rico's in a bad way.. Had to sell grapple & parachute just to afford food n drink expenses let alone his PDA for a sleeping bag and tent.. Lower BM prices for Rico

Yeah HHDnBKing is right. Anyway we've been talking about VTOL on the forums for a while now, surely the devs have noticed and put in a word?
    Official Chaos Addict.

Originally Posted by skater150
    i hope it does, GTA SA did it like a BOSS
    True, and that was limited technology..

so theres no excuse if it doesnt,

but Im sure that it will, or why else would they add that particular plane with those particular properties if it wouldnt be able to be used as VTOL.
    Is that an exploding gas canister or popcorn?

well ive always been a fan of the harrier so i expect this jet to have vtol in this game too. gta sa proved its possible(although i never had doubts about it). so why not?
    This user is gone... packed up and left. Sorry

it would be cool but i dont care either way, in sa i always had prolblems swithching between like helicopter and plane mode
    MARCH 23 2010 THE DAY THE WORLD WILL PAUSE B/C EVEN THE EARTH WILL STOP WAT ITS DOING WHEN IT REALIZES JC2 IS OUT Founder of ADHD
    Originally Posted by Poor Bison
    Brauny is right.

In Modern Warfare 2 the Harrier Airstrike Killstreak is cool, because after the bombs hit, it will hover and shoot anything bad around it.

I couldn't find a picture link for this vehicle, but its on the JC2 gallery and it's a black jet from a birds eye view. I was wondering what the name was?
    Official Chaos Addict.

I have BIG hopes put in this thing, but we've received no answers yet regarding VTOL capabilities. Please don't dissapoint me (crosses fingers)
    Everything should be a sandbox

If it's not in the game yet it'll propably be available as dlc afterwards
    A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
    PSN: Flix--

Its an enemy plane so I think itll be there from release.

that could pass for the heavy drop plane
    Thats my warmUP Founder of the New Panau Renegade Army (N.P.R.A.)

I doubt it does. It looks like a harrier but the looks of the engines look more similar to the Phantom. Think of it as a Harrier / Phantom Hybrid.

Originally Posted by blazin419
    I doubt it does. It looks like a harrier but the looks of the engines look more similar to the Phantom. Think of it as a Harrier / Phantom Hybrid.

A..... what? Looks normal to me. No Harrier/Phantom hybrid to me.
    A man who wants nothing, is invincible.

Just different years, theres a few minor differences, like the cockpit.
    March 23, 2010
    Rico Rodriguez is just like Spider Man, but on crack.

Originally Posted by JAGeng
    Its an enemy plane so I think itll be there from release.
    I was talking about a VTOL aircraft
    A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
    PSN: Flix--

It has no similarities what soever with the F-4 phantom

it says harrier all over

Originally Posted by Rico90

A..... what? Looks normal to me. No Harrier/Phantom hybrid to me.
    That's a REAL harrier. I'm talking about the harrier in the game. =_=

Edit : And I said the engines might be similar to the phantom. Small twin jet turbines at the side. Nobody has seen the bottom - back of the plane yet, so nobody knows. The reason I think this plane will have this type of engine is because it's very low tech compared to the VTOL capabilities that the Harrier has. A Phantom / Harrier hybrid would be very suitable for Panau don't you think?

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last