Page 3 of 3 First First 123

Thread: Warner Bros: Goyer Writing Superman script!

Warner Bros: Goyer Writing Superman script!

Originally Posted by Batman The Sequel Hunter
    I agree, i would like to see everyone brought together like in the Marvel movies with ironman and nick fury at the end of the movies
    It would be so cool if at the end of the next Superman film, Clark is just chilin' in his appartment after savin' the day and he hears a sound and theres a shadow of Batman watching him
    I killed Jason Todd and all i got was this lousy t-shirt.

Originally Posted by Drazar
    Abjea you've heard about the theory on on Leo Quintum's identity?
    It's a brilliant thing if true and the hints seem to imply that way. Here's a blog post regarding it.
    Hmm ive never seen that before, and with Morrison you never know what youre gonna get. I may have to reread All-Star now.

So wants on peoples' wish list from Nolan's Superman? Here's some thoughts:

- Superman's disguise: Bryan Singer did a good job showing how Clark acts really nerdy and clumsy, but Nolan for the sake of mass media needs to point out that Clark uses extra-large shirts and whatnot to make himself look like a big wimp.

- Superman is a genius and this needs to be pointed out. Too many people think Superman is a dumbass. He isn't a war stragetic like Wonder Woman or Batman, but Superman is a science genius... Yeah he doesn't need to be a genius at start but when he starts learning about his past and whatnot. It's just a common annoyance from me when people think Superman isn't smart.

- General Zod or Brainiac as the villain for 1st flick. Develop Lex Luthor!

- New Theme song to show this is different. I don't wanna get into a big argue how "but Draz you smug dumbass! Noone can't beat the classic theme song!" well that might be true, but being different is good! Originality please!

There some minor thoughts and hopes for the upcoming Superman movie!

Originally Posted by Drazar
    So wants on peoples' wish list from Nolan's Superman? Here's some thoughts:

- Superman's disguise: Bryan Singer did a good job showing how Clark acts really nerdy and clumsy, but Nolan for the sake of mass media needs to point out that Clark uses extra-large shirts and whatnot to make himself look like a big wimp.

- Superman is a genius and this needs to be pointed out. Too many people think Superman is a dumbass. He isn't a war stragetic like Wonder Woman or Batman, but Superman is a science genius... Yeah he doesn't need to be a genius at start but when he starts learning about his past and whatnot. It's just a common annoyance from me when people think Superman isn't smart.

- General Zod or Brainiac as the villain for 1st flick. Develop Lex Luthor!

- New Theme song to show this is different. I don't wanna get into a big argue how "but Draz you smug dumbass! Noone can't beat the classic theme song!" well that might be true, but being different is good! Originality please!

There some minor thoughts and hopes for the upcoming Superman movie!
    I agree with all your points except for that. The Superman Theme Song is one of the best theme songs ever created. A Superman movie without it is like a Star Wars movie without the 'Star Wars Main Title.' theme song.

Not really. I thought the same thing with Batman when it was getting the reboot. Oh, you can't NOT have Danny Elfman's music! What are they thinking?! I was pleasantly surprised with Batman Begins on many fronts, even to wind up liking it and The Dark Knight better than Burton's ones, but that the music could be changed and worked was a great thing. It did work with Hanz Zimmer's music due to the fact that this was a reboot and a completely different take on Batman than Burton's. I don't think Elfman's score would have fit as well. If this is a true reboot, then new music would similarly be needed to fit the new continuity. Unlike all Star Wars films, which are all in the same cannon and continuity, this is a complete revision of the Superman universe.

With that said, perhaps the music has become so iconic and is so neutral to the character and not the continuity that John Williams' original score might still work for the reboot. We'll see what they decide to do. If I was a betting man, though, I'd say they'll change the music up.

If hans zimmer does the Superman score i'd probably like it better than the original!

P.S. Starwars needs a reboot like star trek
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

Star Wars should never, ever be rebooted/remade. EVER.

Anyways, I think Superman should get a new theme song. Its a new movie, in a new continuity. I love the John Williams' theme, but thats not Superman's theme, thats the theme for a movie.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

The only reason Star Trek got a reboot was because the movies were so awful on so many levels.

Originally Posted by angleslam99
    The only reason Star Trek got a reboot was because the movies were so awful on so many levels.
    Not to mention it didn't have the mass appeal like Star Wars does. Star Trek was like... People knew the name but they didn't know anything about it really. JJ Abrams put it on mass scale and made it cool. Star Wars already is that.

And Star Trek has such a long running history that its all jumbled and locks out newcomers. if someone wanted to get into Star Trek they had no real quick, convenient way of doing so. Its like when Spider-Man comics got so complex they started a new series in a new continuity to attract newcomers.

With Star Wars the only thing they need to get into is the movies. The six movies tell a singular story. Sure theres a massive expanded universe of books, comics and cartoons, but thats just extra. You can sit someone down in front of the Star Wars movies and have them come out a Star Wars fan. But until the reboot of Star Trek that franchise didn't really have a real good introduction or gateway.

Saying Star Wars should be rebooted is like saying someone should rewrite the seven Harry Potter books. Whats the point?
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

Originally Posted by angleslam99
    I love Star Trek,...... well most of them.
    I killed Jason Todd and all i got was this lousy t-shirt.

Definetly new theme song, I mean look at Batman, he had a way shway theme, but now it just improved so much and it also improved the movie experience by far!

I don't think the new Batman score was an improvement. It wasn't a downgrade either though. The two themes represent two different aspects of the character, with Elfman's focusing on the theatrical side and Zimmer's focusing on the action side.

Zimmer's theme for the Joker, however, is incredible and a definite improvement over whatever they may have had for the Joker.

I loved the Star Trek films. I actually am one of the few that's pretty luke-warm toward the reboot. It was overtly loony with half the action, with Kirk getting beaten to a near pulp by some cadets early on, then hardly a scratch from every subsequent beating by every more powerful foe. The effects were overly bloomed, always flashing the ships from some nearby sun... It was pretty meh, for me. They tried too hard to be funny like the old Kirk and crew with the swollen hands thing and Bones jabbing Kirk every five seconds, but that was completely silly and contrived, comparatively. Even when the old series delved into silliness, like in IV and V, at least it felt pretty genuine...

My favorite Trek films still are:
    Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
    Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
    Star Trek: First Contact
    Star Trek: Generations
    Star Trek: The Motion Picture
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

I like the others, but these are the tops, in that order, for me They had plenty of action, most of them, and you didn't have to know much about the series to get into them, really.

I wasn't hugely fond of the new Star Trek either, but thats because I'm only in it for the humour and campiness of the old series. Suitably, I found the humour to be the highlight of the movie and everything else to be mediocre, though visually stunning.

Wrath Of Khan was the best...

And for those who dont get the referance...http://www.khaaan.com/
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

lol, it's a great iconic moment in film.

Originally Posted by door noob
    Definetly new theme song, I mean look at Batman, he had a way shway theme, but now it just improved so much and it also improved the movie experience by far!
    +100 for Beyond Referance
    signature image

Hello Batman the Trailer Hunter , Thanks for sharing videos that I like most. Actually I love writing like this topic and i also like to write well about this such as Batman, Superman that is really a great pleasure to me.and I have come here to generate my idea more about it. I think a script writing like this topic make me professional that will be completed. Thanks

Page 3 of 3 First First 123