Thread: Mercenaries 2: World in Flames

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames

Introduction
    I decided to make a thread about one of, in my opinion, one of the best games. Now sure this game is a bit outdated, but, it's better late than never, right? Most people say Pandemic failed to deliver. I think the game was satisfying enough for me to dump probably a whole week of time into it. I highly recommend this game if you haven't gotten a hold of it. Sure the shooting mechanics and everything else are a bit buggy to say the least, but they're still good.

Idea
    This isn't a regular GTA, you aren't a criminal, you're a Mercenary fighting for revenge. You didn't get paid. Now off course this is a really good fuse to spark the game being a mercenary and all. This was a really good creative idea. The story lacks a bit, and so do the real ideas of the characters being their own characters. Minor faults that diminished great potential, but it's still neat. Like I said in the beginning, you're a mercenary and you get paid to do a job, and don't get paid. You and your partner (Fiona) decide to get payback sparking the intro. You have three main characters to choose from, with different nationalities.

Mattias Nilsson (Sweeden)

Chris Jacobs (American)

Jennifer Mui (British/Chinese)

Like I said, lacking individuality, but they look cool the same.

Trailers
    http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/7...c2_061807.html
    http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...cial-trailer-3
    http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...icial-movie-10

Mercs Inc. Info
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6241245...dlines;title;4

If anybody wants to leave their PSNs or Xbox Gamertags to look for other players, don't hesitate!

PSN
    Ouroboros64 (That's me )

XboxGametags

Happy Mercing!

Its a shame that this game was a glitch-riddled mess. Maybe this would have worked better if you had posted it at the height of the games' short lived period of popularity.

5 stars for layout though, the post reads with the same flow as a Wikipedia article!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Bison View Post
    Its a shame that this game was a glitch-riddled mess. Maybe this would have worked better if you had posted it at the height of the games' short lived period of popularity.

5 stars for layout though, the post reads with the same flow as a Wikipedia article!
    True, but with the new talk of Mercenaries 3, I thought most people would go back to play the 2nd. And thanks.

chip5541 is offline Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    Killer, please reduce the picture sizes.

I have Mercs 2 and I really really looked forward to the game since the original was excellent. Mercs 2 felt rushed and unfinished. (besides the exhaust animation for the vehicles was just plain bad)

Quote Originally Posted by chip5541 View Post
    Killer, please reduce the picture sizes.

I have Mercs 2 and I really really looked forward to the game since the original was excellent. Mercs 2 felt rushed and unfinished. (besides the exhaust animation for the vehicles was just plain bad)
    The pictures aren't huge though. I want people to see every detail. They don't stretch out the page...

You shouldn't really debate when a forum moderator asks you something... just a heads up

For me, the large picture of Chris Jacobs stretches the page considerably. Perhaps it would be best if you reduced its size to that of all the rest
    signature image

I'm not as fortunate to have as large a monitor as you, KillerCroc, as your large picture goes off the end of my browser window as well. You could post smaller pictures in this thread, and post links to the larger versions. Just a suggestion.

Big Grin

Ah no more page-stretch fer me mateys!

I have such a huge monitor that I could even view a reality-sized Vanessa Feltz on it.

No worries
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

If someone could send me a photo the appropriate size that would be nice then, I couldn't find any gameplay pictures of Chris Jacobs that size. Please remember that gaining up on other members isn't really that nice, or making the person feel that way. Chip could've easily responded back himself, and without sarcasm.

I'm sorry you felt you we were ganging up on you, KillerCroc, and I'm sorry you felt there was sarcasm. We were just trying to help.

And, there wasn't really anything for Chip to respond to. He made a request. Well, I'm sure he'll provide feedback if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerCroc View Post
    If someone could send me a photo the appropriate size that would be nice then, I couldn't find any gameplay pictures of Chris Jacobs that size. Please remember that gaining up on other members isn't really that nice, or making the person feel that way. Chip could've easily responded back himself, and without sarcasm.
    Ruum and Lo are experienced and helpful members, I know they wouldn't gang up on you. I wouldn't gang up on you either So no hard feelings are intended, we are sorry you felt that way

Chip is a busy guy, he would've assumed that you complied with his request. But here is a link to a smaller version of your picture, you can simply change your link to this one now:

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8549/44062208.jpg
    signature image

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Bison View Post
    Ruum and Lo are experienced and helpful members, I know they wouldn't gang up on you. I wouldn't gang up on you either
    Thank you for the appreciated vote of confidence, Bison

I hope KillerCroc didn't misconstrue my post as in any way sarcastic either, as it was meant in a supportive way (I just wanted another excuse to talk about my new monitor really, hehe!)

The Mercenaries 2 game looks very sophisticated in terms of graphics.
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Alright, thanks for responding. I changed the photo, now the discussion can begin, or die. I just felt you were gaining up on me, when one member says something I don't really think it needs to be repeated, and when it is it makes you feel like you're being ganged up on, that's all.

Hell yeah, I still play this game. Matthias is one of my favorite videogame characters, mostly because I'm half Norwegian and he reminds me of my grandfather. I've thought of writing a fanfic about him but it's one of those things that I never seem to get around to.

I've even got one of the big standup ads in my apartment. I can't find a pic of it at the moment but you'll get a kick out of this -

ZOMG HES REAL