Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread: I would like to play through the storyline OFFLINE as Kane! (Please read IOI)

I would like to play through the storyline OFFLINE as Kane! (Please read IOI)

Exclamation I want to play through the storyline OFFLINE as Kane without co-op(IOI PLZ ANSWER)

Edit: I just want to learn that will i be able to play as Kane at offline sp while 1 person is playing (lynch will be AI) no co-op)
    please IOI i just want to learn this

I cannot imagine myself playing as Lynch through the storyline (offline) because i love Kane,sure Lynch is a great character but he always felt like a sidekick for me.
    I understand that IOI wanted to make a change and im not complaining about lynch being the main character, i just want them to add the option to choose Kane as the character to play the offline singleplayer.

I hope my dearest game dev IOI will read this and understand my concern.

Originally Posted by Vulture
    I cannot imagine myself playing as Lynch through the storyline (offline) because i love Kane,sure Lynch is a great character but he always felt like a sidekick for me.
    I understand that IOI wanted to make a change and im not complaining about lynch being the main character, i just want them to add the option to choose Kane as the character to play the offline singleplayer.

Finally! someone who actually dislikes the idea playing as Lynch!

Im with you all the way, i enjoyed playing as Kane in the first game and i feel he is the main main character. I also agree on the part about Lynch as a sidekick.

I'm with you as well, Kane was always my favorite of the two, and I truly can't see Kane playing second fiddle to Lynch as in character. Until we get more info though I'm not gonna complain.
    "Destruction and Terror continue, as the hulking, God-less Child-Beast carves a bloody swath through our helpless city...."

Originally Posted by DrDoom
    I'm with you as well, Kane was always my favorite of the two, and I truly can't see Kane playing second fiddle to Lynch as in character. Until we get more info though I'm not gonna complain.
    I dont think its even confirmed we are playing as Lynch so yeh i agree about waiting untill we get info.

I won't mind playing as Lynch, not one bit. It feels wierd i admit, but you kinda have to imagine it from a different perspective i guess. If you play Kane and Lynch 1 in Co-op they're fairly the same - gameplay wise. Just a different attitude I guess.
    No siggie to display... move along...

Originally Posted by Bevacur
    I dont think its even confirmed we are playing as Lynch so yeh i agree about waiting untill we get info.
    well, kotaku's tipster said that lynch was the main character,and the story.. ''lynch founds peace in shangai'' and also the artwork from the magazines shows that he is the main man

well, kotaku's tipster said that lynch was the main character,and the story.. ''lynch founds peace in shangai'' and also the artwork from the magazines shows that he is the main man
    Dont think negative!!

For all we know Kotaku only played Lynchs mission in the game, maybe and hopefully we play as Kane aswell like they swap over every now and then just like Modern Warfare 2 there was 2 main playable Characters they just kept swapping over time showing their view of the story.

Im wishing we have a choice on who we can play, just like Call of Juarez 2 you can choose out of the two brothers.

I like both characters, but I do hope we can have the choice as to play as one or the other.

/signed

I would like to play as Kane in offline single player.

You know what as long as Kane plays a big role in the actual story I'd be fine with playing as Lynch. I just don't want Kane to feel like a sidekick. Doesn't seem like the type of character he is.
    "Destruction and Terror continue, as the hulking, God-less Child-Beast carves a bloody swath through our helpless city...."

hey for all we know IOI might pull a metal gear solid 2 on us and have us play Lynch for half the game and Kane for the other half. Nothing is set in stone yet.

Regardless of what character you play as...it's clear that Lynch is the main focus of Kane & Lynch 2.

I don't know how they'll work it out, but I'm not liking the way this sounds. I really wish IOInteractive would comment on this.

Originally Posted by Kent-45
    Regardless of what character you play as...it's clear that Lynch is the main focus of Kane & Lynch 2.

I don't know how they'll work it out, but I'm not liking the way this sounds. I really wish IOInteractive would comment on this.
    This.

Originally Posted by Kent-45

Despite the fact i'm all in favour of Lynch being the main focus of Kane and Lynch 2, I would still like to see what IOI has to say about it.

This game is called KANE and Lynch. If we are playing as Lynch in the sequal wouldnt this game be called Lynch and Kane 2 Dog Days?
    Have the devs forgot what the game is called?

Kane was the main character and proof is in the title Kane's name is first not Lynch's

I am highly annoyed now i disagree with the changing characters and i hope we wil get answers.

The game is called KANE and Lynch why is Lynch the main character?!?

I have just read a article where IO have looked through every criticism they recieved and now they threw everything away. There was no criticism about Kane as the main character (not that as i know off).

Like the title says, the game is called KANE and Lynch notice the empathy on the KANE.

Kane was the main character out of the duo, it was Kane's story and now its changed to Lynch? i dont remember the game being called Lynch and Kane Dead Men or Lynch and Kane 2 Dog Days.

Im sorry but i highly disagree with the change of characters i am sure there are plenty who will agree with me. Please devs please read this!!!

Io devs: allright, let's call it Lynch&Kane then.

I respect your opinion, but don't forget that it's their game, their story
    Both characters are really good for me, and I like a different angle in the story.

I don't mind playing as Lynch... I just want a CHOICE.

CHOICES are what we want. The ability to choose who to play as.

Just so Kane has a big role in the story and isn't shoved into the secondary character role, I'm cool with it.

Seriously, chill the funk out! Just wait until we know more about the game.

As a huge fan of the first game I always found Kane the far more interesting character in terms of his motivations and depth and am also somewhat concerned about this change.

I read the recent article in the UK Official Playstation Magazine and think the game still sounds excellent although I'm a little concerned about the emphasis the article and dev.s had on how this is so different to the first game. I trust it will still come out well of course but let's not forget the original sold well over 1 million copies. There were plenty of people, myself and my friends included, who adored the game and while it's a shame that this wasn't reflected in the review scores it's important to remember that reviewers aren't always representative of the widespread opinion.

I've also seen a number of well respected reviewers make factually incorrect statements due to time deadlines. In the case of K&L many reviewers criticised a "broken" cover system. It was only broken if you played it expecting it to work the same as GRAW. If you understood that movement detached you from edges it wasn't a problem, while perhaps a little more awkward it was a far cry from broken.

Hey guys, I would like to point this video out:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCmJsPH-d0k
    The media * viral trailer from the first game...

If you hear well.. I guess this hints out why they chose Lynch as a main character and not Kane...
    Your thoughts?

"Maybe they'll call the sequel Lynch & Kane.... big mistake... but maybe"

Kane 1: Lynch: 0

Yeah I think they should add the option for ppl to do that after their first playthrough

That really is the only thing I want the game to have, the ability to choose who you want to play as. I love both characters, and I have nobody to play the offline co-op mode with on the first Kane and Lynch, so I really can't get any of Lynch's achievements. By allowing you to switch it would definitely add replay value (I've beaten the first game as it is like 10 times), you could experience the story from both angles, and it would just be awesome to have another character.

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last