Thread: I would like to play through the storyline OFFLINE as Kane! (Please read IOI)

I would like to play through the storyline OFFLINE as Kane! (Please read IOI)

I'm going to be playing through the entire game in online co-op with a friend, so I'm not worried. My friend doesn't even want to play as Kane, so I'm happy.

Nice. I had a blast playing with my cousin. We did it twice. First I was Lynch than Kane...maybe that's why I liked playing as Lynch as much. I love my boomstick (shotty) lol

Originally Posted by One of Seven
    The only thing I want is the ability to be able to play as both Kane and Lynch, that's it. They could have him as some sort of unlockable character once you've beaten the main game with Lynch.
    I agree because kane is my favorite of the two so aslong as i can play as him somehow i dont mind too much

i had to bump since things started to be told

And you can play as both Kane & Lynch, right?

In co-op, of course, but if you play the single-player campaign you only play as Lynch.

i agree atleast give us a choice on playing each one i like lynch too but i dont want to play as him

i really want to play as Kane hes more of the leader

Dog Days is the story of Lynch and as such, I'm afraid that you're not going to be able to play through the campaign in single player as Kane, though obviously you will be able to do so in coop. The first game featured Kane, this time the dev team is focusing on Lynch.

It doesn't change the fact that the game will be awesome, though, so no worries, please

Not really sure why people are getting annoyed with this...

If we had to play as a pink pony, then I'd understand. But Kane and Lynch are both characters in the game, does it really matter which you play as? It doesn't really change anything.

I would love an expansion pack that let you play as a pink pony....

Originally Posted by sigrun
    Not really sure why people are getting annoyed with this...

If we had to play as a pink pony, then I'd understand. But Kane and Lynch are both characters in the game, does it really matter which you play as? It doesn't really change anything.
    You sir, obviously didn't play Dead Men as Lynch. Because if you did, you could easily say that it did change the game. And overall, everyone has a right to like Kane more than Lynch, therefore they have a desire to play as Kane rather than Lynch. Also, maybe not in Dog Days but in Dead Men there was two moments where Kane and Lynch went their separate directions. I really, really hope that the makers will include something like that in Dog Days.

Did you play Resident Evil 5, by any chance? Once you complete the game you can choose to play as Sheva on your next game-through. I think that would have been a great addition to Dog Days. First game play, you play as Lynch than you can unlock Kane...that would have been a smart move.

You might ask, why bother when you can play as both online. Even when majority does have their consoles hooked up to internet, you shouldn't forget about the minority. I really liked what Capcom did with Resident Evil 5.

What exactly was the difference? People here seem to be upset simply because they aren't Kane. Is there some big element which made Lynch unpleasant to play as?

What exactly was the difference? People here seem to be upset simply because they aren't Kane. Is there some big element which made Lynch unpleasant to play as?
    I just preferred Kane really. Yeah Lynch is an interesting character sure but i just like Kane more, i dont know why but he just grew on me.

Um, the hallucinations in the bank scene or outside on street in Japan, also the creepy flashbacks when you're out but not dead awaiting the adrenaline shot.

Overall, for me it brought a different meaning to game when I played it again as Kane (my first play-through was as Lynch).

And if you're wondering why they are so upset? Simply they found Kane to be much more interesting and round character. To me it makes no difference but I don't like the fact that the creators didn't give us the option to choose in the single player.

What's the problem in all honesty Kane was cool but he was to common. I've thousands of reluctant anti hero's out to save their family. But Lynch is a rabid dog off his leash with a shotty. sounds like a hell of a person to center anything around!!!

Majority of ppl just played the game through as Kane and lets be honest, Kane is a bit of a badass. Lynch is just a mad dog. I know a lot of ppl want to be Kane but the title is "Kane AND Lynch" not just "Kane". So a story in this direction with Lynch will be interesting. Im glad the developers took it in a different direction. Makes sense to me to change it up for the sequel. If you must know I will be playing as Kane and my cousin will resume his role as Lynch and we are both equally excited to see where Dog Days takes us.

They should do what Avatar the Game did. You can choose to play as the R.D.A or the Navi. Still same story but its told from the point of that specific faction.

Just about every interview says Lynch is the primary playable character. The game is about Lynch this time. I think Kane fans will just have to deal with it.

Originally Posted by Kent-45
    Just about every interview says Lynch is the primary playable character. The game is about Lynch this time. I think Kane fans will just have to deal with it.
    Unless you do Co op online or offline.

well yeah.. If you (like me) plan on playing a majority if not all of this game via Online co-op with your friend then it's a non-issue.

I think in a lot of ways Kane's story needs to take a break. Kane is at a point in his life where he's apparently trying to get out of the whole "crime" thing whereas Lynch is gung-ho trying to make it big.

Originally Posted by Kent-45
    well yeah.. If you (like me) plan on playing a majority if not all of this game via Online co-op with your friend then it's a non-issue.

I think in a lot of ways Kane's story needs to take a break. Kane is at a point in his life where he's apparently trying to get out of the whole "crime" thing whereas Lynch is gung-ho trying to make it big.
    I very much doubt that Kane is trying to get out of the whole "crime" thing lol. He still needs to make money so he does what he has to. I think at some point Karsten said that Kane still has a big role to play. Other than just being a helping hand

I dont think Kane actually care's what he does in his life now, no matter how bad and violent the work is, Kane will do it just for the money which he will give to his daughter so she has a better life than he has.

Even is the work will kill him he is determined to give Jenny a better life. And maybe hope she will forgive him.

I'm just going to throw this out there: I have no problem playing as Lynch. I already know Kane's character and would like to know more about his psychotic partner.

Frankly I'm just looking forward to playing through another K&L saga. Both the one-eyed traitor and the psychotic longhair are still amongst the most interesting videogame characters around. Think of all those generic 'hero' types (yawn) we normally have as avatars.

Exclamation Playing as Lynch

I was reading on Wikipedia that it would be lynch to be the main character to play in the second game. Hopefully whoever wrote that was lying or got some bad information because i don't wanna play as lynch i wanna be Kane. Lynch is a good side player and for him to now be the main one would just suck. Iv'e grown to attached to Kane and for them to bring in lynch would ruin everything. Like L4d2 when they brought a new setting and new characters i just hated the game so much. Any thoughts on this lynch thing if you agree with me or not?

P.S. Lynch is the wall --->

Unfortunatly Lynch is the main character, but you can always do co-op with a friend or join a online game and play as Kane.

I like Lynch, he was interesting yeah but i kinda grew on Kane. Dont why but i feel he is a badass and much more cooler than Lynch.

Do you know that for sure, did Eidos release an announcement?
    Maybe their is still hope!
    "History is written by the victor," Captain Price
    Modern Warfare 2.

Page 3 of 5 First First 12345 Last