Page 3 of 8 First First 1234567 ... Last

Thread: First K&L2 story in magazine (art included)

First K&L2 story in magazine (art included)

Can't anyone with that Magazine scan the pages? Or make some hihg quality pictures?

Thanks,
    iCEQB

Originally Posted by Acid Burn
    DrDoom, and here comes our first KL2 cosplay
    A little dye job, but I could totally pull a Kane.
    "Destruction and Terror continue, as the hulking, God-less Child-Beast carves a bloody swath through our helpless city...."

I can't even find a place to order the magazine in question. It looks like the subscriptions are handled through Futuregames.

If anyone can scan the pages.. that would be awesome!
    No siggie to display... move along...

That would be illegal

Doens't matter....we're smooth criminal

http://www.incgamers.com/News/19778/...-kane--lynch-2

This link is a small hint what's in the magazine.
    Nothing that we don't know here.. WE WANT MORE LEAKING!!!
    lolll

Maybe it's just the way Kane's head is arched, but his scar looks really less noticeable. I mean it's there, obviously, but it seems less defined... maybe I'm crazy

If you look at the bigger pic, the scar is still there and can clearly see it.

I think it's just the way his head is pointing up like you said.
    "Destruction and Terror continue, as the hulking, God-less Child-Beast carves a bloody swath through our helpless city...."

Maybe healed up abit??? Doubt that's the case...

It's funny how touchy people are about what the game hero should look like. I guess that's why all game heroes look eerily similar:

Syphon Filter

Uncharted

Just Cause

Far Cry

Splinter Cell

...and the list goes on

thank god naught dog changed elena at the end of the production xd

Originally Posted by Unpaid Intern
    Just Cause
    I'm so disappointed in his new look, Rico looked awesome in the first just cause. Why did they change his looks?? >

Originally Posted by Vulture
    thank god naught dog changed elena at the end of the production xd
    Yeah she looked weird ^^

@Unpaid Intern: Yes, because Kane & Lynch looked sooooooooo much like them, amirite?

I don't think you can compare Kane & Lynch to these action titles. Kane & Lynch is more of a crime game like Grand Theft Auto. That said... I don't expect Kane to look clean cut like these guys, but I don't expect him to look like a drunken hobo either.

Originally Posted by Kent-45
    I don't think you can compare Kane & Lynch to these action titles. Kane & Lynch is more of a crime game like Grand Theft Auto. That said... I don't expect Kane to look clean cut like these guys, but I don't expect him to look like a drunken hobo either.
    Wel you are right, you defenatly can't compare K&L to any of the action titles out there. Technically not even to GTA series coz GTA is pretty much straight foreward next to K&L.

As for Kane looking like a drunken hobo - I'd remind you that kane didn't have a beard in the Burger joint trailer.. I'm assuming he gets a shave at some point.

You can also see the change of Kane's appearance in the first K&L:
    First he had a beard...
    From the heist levels till They kill Retomoto Kane has shaved and has a patch on his nose
    From the Freedom Fighters level till the end his beard grew again and he removed his patch... Just pointing that out...

I don't think you can compare Kane & Lynch to these action titles. Kane & Lynch is more of a crime game like Grand Theft Auto.
    I'm not comparing gameplay, I'm comparing character designs, which you can definitely do across genres. There is absolutely no excuse for all the titles I mentioned pumping out the same square-jawed, featureless sears catalogue model. There are ways of designing a character with short dark hair that has a unique face. GTA4 did it with Niko Bellic and everyone loves the guy.

That said... I don't expect Kane to look clean cut like these guys, but I don't expect him to look like a drunken hobo either.
    I totally respect your opinion. It's down to personal slant and there is just no arguing that

However, for games to evolve past B-movie themes and cliches, developers must stop whining about how games are misunderstood, looked down upon by the general public and do something about it. It seems like the games industry is deathly afraid of taking the slightest of chances creatively. I mostly blame their lack of vision and backbone but having a consumer base that embraces originality and shuns the lack of it would help.

Sadly, I don't even see the games media discussing this problem. Gerstmann was all over K&L characters being 'ugly' but doesn't bat an eye at character designs/personalities that are unoriginal to the point of being insulting.

I say it again: game culture needs to evolve if games seriously want to be considered as "the 10th Art". Right now that claim is a little bit of a joke...

Originally Posted by Mercenary of The7
    @Unpaid Intern: Yes, because Kane & Lynch looked sooooooooo much like them, amirite?
    Somehow, you missed my point completely. The point is that characters that when developers are afraid to deviate from the norm, you get the kind of boring and forgettable heroes in my example. You could easily mistake any of them for the other.

Besides that, I don't think it's a random artistic gesture to make K&L look scruffy and messed up. It serves to support the characters and story. Neither they nor their situation is under control so I doubt that grooming and styling is of a big concern to them.

Originally Posted by Unpaid Intern
    I totally respect your opinion. It's down to personal slant and there is just no arguing that

However, for games to evolve past B-movie themes and cliches, developers must stop whining about how games are misunderstood, looked down upon by the general public and do something about it. It seems like the games industry is deathly afraid of taking the slightest of chances creatively. I mostly blame their lack of vision and backbone but having a consumer base that embraces originality and shuns the lack of it would help.

Sadly, I don't even see the games media discussing this problem. Gerstmann was all over K&L characters being 'ugly' but doesn't bat an eye at character designs/personalities that are unoriginal to the point of being insulting.

I say it again: game culture needs to evolve if games seriously want to be considered as "the 10th Art". Right now that claim is a little bit of a joke...
    Wow - spot on! I don't mind Kane & Lynch's scruffy, semi-old and ugly looks. It makes them stand out from the other male characters who look like clones of one another. I think this will help the game stand out from the others and this is what we should hope for. We don't need another clone of Modern Warfare 2 with a mix of GTA 4 and whatever else they can think of copying off. The more unique the characters, story and game play is the better. Doesn't have to be ground-breaking but just different in the good way.

Gerstmann was pretty tough on Kane & Lynch, and a lot of his complaints were true. The excessive swearing, the repetitive Fragile Alliance levels, etc.. but he clearly didn't play through the game very far because a lot of his footage is from the first levels and such... so I don't think the review was very accurate of the gameplay experience. By most accounts, it was a pretty average shooter, flaws and all.

It should be noted that IOI's twitter gave a shoutout to Gerstmann's twitter a few days ago (something congratulatory, I dont' remember what) and according to an article I just read, apparently IOI "read every review and commentary they could find on Kane & Lynch and threw out everything that was bad" for Kane & Lynch 2

and the flaws are the reason why I like Kane as a character so much. If he looked like all those other action heroes no one would remember him. It's the uniqueness that makes him a good character.

Thumbs Down

Jeff listed "Kane and Lynch are ugly characters" in the negative part of the game ... That alone destroyed the credibility of his review ...

It also didn't took long before some people checked his achievements and saw he only completed the first level ...
    Which in turn explains why Jeff complained that every time you give an order you get a " you" replay ... the first chapter was the only part of the game where people ALWAYS gives the " you" reply ...
    Maybe Jeff wasn't paying attention but Kane wasn't exactly in a position to give orders ... anywya ...

I don't care how much six out of ten one game can get , i care about the Reason it got a six out of ten , but if the reasons themselves are unreasonable ...

Why should the developers give a damn about it ? ...

PS : Lynch has got hair ... that's VERY unique in this generation of gaming characters ...

Some of these I don't agree with, if only you can change the appearance or there actually changed but I had to post this...

Big Grin

Yeah can you believe it ? Lynch was bald at first ...

That's probably one of my favorite renders of Kane... and the irony is that it's not even a game render... it's like promo art

Cool

It's actually the very first artwork of Kane & Lynch made available for the public ...
    Naturally it went through lots of changes ...

But that image of two men with money bills raining down is still very iconic ...

Page 3 of 8 First First 1234567 ... Last