Thread: Q & A for the Devs.

Q & A for the Devs.

Originally Posted by Falkenwut
    Had to put this here! more details finally arrived!
    Yeah. Also try to pick up the new Official UK Playstation Magazine for an exclusive look at the game. Some of the impressions:

“But it’s not just the pace of the action that’s exciting: it’s the way it’s presented. The entire game is delivered in YouTube style”

“It’s District 9 meets Cloverfield”

“…it’s refreshing to see IO is still willing to take risks with edgy characters, adult themes, and plunder a new cinematic vein for influences.”

Hey nick, any additional details you can put on here?
    EDIT: That was or wasn't put in any magazine
    No siggie to display... move along...

My excitement just skyrocketed!

Will there be a expanded limited/special edition of the game,i would love to buy one if it includes kane and lynch's action figures instead of life-size statues

by the way i was willing to give 400-500 bucks for the life-size statues but it was impossible for it to be shipped to Turkey

I'm presuming it's waay to early to ask for PC system requirementS?

Or at least knowing if a Dual Core is enough to power the game.

There's no PC build yet, i guess.
    And i'm sure Dual Core will be more than enough.

I was a massive fan of Fragile Alliance and am glad to hear it will be returning. There were some people who simply didn't get it though. They didn't like the traitoring aspect and would victimise for an entire match anyone who did so and when they died and became police officers they would start to kill the AI guards in return for dropped cash from the surviving criminals which didn't really seem in keeping with the spirit. Fragile Alliance was what really set the game apart from the crowd for me, there are so few games out there willing to be so daring and offer such a different, unique experience compared to the norm. So will Fragile Alliance still maintain it's individuality and uniqueness in the new game? I'm concerned with some of the negative feedback it might be repositioned as a more traditional game type which I think would be a real shame.

Q: Will The single-player co-op style be like the K&L 1?
    Coz I've been thinking. Kane is a better commander then Lynch.. But if you're playing as Lynch, there may be a little contradicting facts when Lynch orders kane around...

Q: Will The single-player co-op style be like the K&L 1?
    Coz I've been thinking. Kane is a better commander then Lynch.. But if you're playing as Lynch, there may be a little contradicting facts when Lynch orders kane around...
    I've also been thinking about this. Maybe the game is gonna drop that freedom fighters kind of gameplay in favor of something new, because Lynch giving Kane orders? That wouldn't work AT ALL

Originally Posted by TheMoD
    I've also been thinking about this. Maybe the game is gonna drop that freedom fighters kind of gameplay in favor of something new, because Lynch giving Kane orders? That wouldn't work AT ALL
    I believe you are right. Kane would not be ordered around unless:

1. Lynch had something over his head, or had something Kane needed/wanted.
    2. They shared the same goal.

To understand this... we have to look back to the first game. What is the relationship between Kane & Lynch? Well... simply put... it's a relationship of necessity. The necessity for Kane is that he wants to keep his family alive. The necessity for Lynch is that he wanted Kane's job in The7.

Now throughout the game, that necessity changes. Their relationship however becomes more of a loose alliance of two people, that on some level, understand that working together would result in a more successful oou cutcome for their goal of revenge than going solo. Again, there's no respect or emotion here... this is a relationship of necessity.

The truth of the matter is that without some kind of necessity - Kane simply doesn't need Lynch. He was ready to leave Lynch behind after his wife was shot by Mute in the construction site in the first game. - You can argue that Kane would have left him if he didn't feel at least some way attached to Lynch, but the truth of the matter is that Kane knew full well that what he was embarking on would need as many men as possible. Kane was just another set of hands that could pull a trigger for him.

What am I trying to say here? Kane wouldn't follow orders from Lynch unless he had to. Kane does not respect Lynch, even in a fellow mercenary kind of way. He sees him as a liability and a screw up.

Another question: Will we expect developer diary entries in the future?

Another question: Will we expect developer diary entries in the future?
    I hope so and hopefully podcasts too (which most other Eidos games get for media releases).

Originally Posted by dark_angel_7
    I hope so and hopefully podcasts too (which most other Eidos games get for media releases).
    I know Batman did.
    "Destruction and Terror continue, as the hulking, God-less Child-Beast carves a bloody swath through our helpless city...."

Anything would be good at this point. IOInteractive has clearly got the Facebook/Twitter thing down, so we may get more updates in a lot of different ways.

Q: Will Kane and lynch be hosting anything similar to this:
    (Warning: Mature Content)
    http://www.gemaga.com/wp-content/upl...2/217019_6.jpg

The one thing that really disappointed me, was after the amazing soundtrack of the first game it was never officially released. I know this is earlier but any word on whether the seconds soundtrack will be released to the public?
    "Destruction and Terror continue, as the hulking, God-less Child-Beast carves a bloody swath through our helpless city...."

Q: Will Kane and lynch be hosting anything similar to this:
    (Warning: Mature Content)
    http://www.gemaga.com/wp-content/upl...2/217019_6.jpg
    I see boobs.

Q1: Will there be a multiplayer demo before game comes out?

I know I will buy it for sure but I think it could be good marketing idea to release a Fragile Alliance 2.0 Demo to get people into it. I think with all those death matches/capture the flag multiplayer modes, this could be something fresh to all those shooters. But than again, it could be lame if all those COD fans will just start shooting at beginning of round.

Q2: Will there be online achievements/trophies? It might be to early to state for sure, but I'm just wondering if you guys are thinking about it. Perhaps True Elite 2.0? Just joking...

Cool

Originally Posted by Kent-45
    I see boobs.
    What ? Where ? WHERE ?!!! ...

A Fragile Alliance demo? That's actually a great idea!
    I got 99 problems but a traitor ain't one.

Arrow

Yeah i got a question ...
    Is Jade Raymond involved in any way to the project ? ...

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    Yeah i got a question ...
    Is Jade Raymond involved in any way to the project ? ...
    IIRC Canada and Denmark are not even on the same CONTINENT! - so the answer will 99.98% of times be a big fat NO.

No she's not. It's 100%
    She's not working for IOI.

Lightbulb

Well judging from your silly logic we still got a 0.02% chance for a big juicy YES ...

Edit : She doesn't have to Work for IO to be 'involved' in/be a 'part' of this project ...

I'm so goddamn confused.

Page 3 of 14 First First 123456713 ... Last