Page 2 of 14 First First 12345612 ... Last

Thread: Q & A for the Devs.

Q & A for the Devs.

Originally Posted by Cmd_lupin
    One that was originally born in another thread:
    Are lynch's drugs given to him automaticaly [ex: cutscenes], or do we have to give them to him[ex: painkillers in Max Payne]? When he starts to get paranoid.
    Lynch running out of pills is the only way that Lynch becomes a unique character. Without his psychotic episodes, he's just a well-dressed redneck that looks strikingly like Waingro.

so no, I don't believe you'll be given a choice about when you take your pills as Lynch. If Lynch took his pills like a good boy we'd have no story and no conflict.

Originally Posted by Kent-45
    Lynch running out of pills is the only way that Lynch becomes a unique character. Without his psychotic episodes, he's just a well-dressed redneck that looks strikingly like Waingro.
    While I do agree with you, the fact that you have to keep Lynch under medication, could prove to be something quite interesting. At least if you are given very few pills for a somewhat long period of time.
    Imagine the following:
    You [as Lynch] are on a mission, to rob a bank [yes, I'm taking examples from the first]. You have only 2 pills left [one pill has an effect for about 15 minutes, the time of effect is absurd I know, but it's just to help my concept] and you estimate this mission is to last for at least 45 minutes. Lynch's attacks start [like you said, in a different thread] in a very subtle manner, that way you only realise your paranoia as started once you're really under it's effect. You then decide to take one pill to calm you down, but you are just 5 minutes in the actual mission. Everything goes right for those 15 minutes. Sometime after, your paranoia start to kick again - remember you only have one more pill, for about 30 minutes of mission left.
    What do you do?
    * Let your mind trick you in the middle of the robbery
    * Take your last pill to calm you down, and delay the paranoid attacks
    * [other tactic]

Another few questions on my mind:

1) Are the animations motion captured? If yes, which ones? All or a few?
    2) From the videos we've seen are they an accurate representation of the in game graphics (just without the black & white, shaky, blurry stuff)?

Originally Posted by Cmd_lupin
    While I do agree with you, the fact that you have to keep Lynch under medication, could prove to be something quite interesting. At least if you are given very few pills for a somewhat long period of time.
    Imagine the following:
    You [as Lynch] are on a mission, to rob a bank [yes, I'm taking examples from the first]. You have only 2 pills left [one pill has an effect for about 15 minutes, the time of effect is absurd I know, but it's just to help my concept] and you estimate this mission is to last for at least 45 minutes. Lynch's attacks start [like you said, in a different thread] in a very subtle manner, that way you only realise your paranoia as started once you're really under it's effect. You then decide to take one pill to calm you down, but you are just 5 minutes in the actual mission. Everything goes right for those 15 minutes. Sometime after, your paranoia start to kick again - remember you only have one more pill, for about 30 minutes of mission left.
    What do you do?
    * Let your mind trick you in the middle of the robbery
    * Take your last pill to calm you down, and delay the paranoid attacks
    * [other tactic]

Hmm.. This is a very tactical point of view in the game. Problem is it will take alot of skillful level design to pull it off! Think about it...

Take a standpoint where you do not wish to take the pills... Rest of the mission appears paranotic - then you end the mission - Supposadly the cutscene should match the act.

Take a standpoint that your pills ended... A Cutscene shows up.. It wouldn't be realistic if we see Lynch taking a pill then, or we see the rest of the level in paranoid vision... And the cutscene should be entirely different then if you do manage nicely

I'm not saying it's not possible but for any programmer to pull that off would be a genious in my book... UNLESS the game is a more RPG style.. where your actions vary the rest of the game. I hope they don't do that!

ANOTHER Q for the QnA:
    Will the game be following the CORE gaming principles of K&L Dead men or will it feel any different? Like RPG elements for example...
    No siggie to display... move along...

Lightbulb

I like the idea ,a sense of freedom in the ways you wish to accomplish the mission is always a welcome...

Back on topic with two questions :
    I... Are Lynch's psychotic episodes going to be as obvious as in Dead Men or is it going to be a bit more 'subtle' ?... as much as i love the filters used to show the character's mood on the situation ,it also tells you immediately that (in this case Lynch) he is having a hallucination ,it could be a bit more challenging if we were put exactly in his point of view ,meaning everything looks normal/no filters ... this leads to my second question ...

II... Can we choose between third person and first person this time around ? this could work interestingly for Lynch for example ,if you play in third person during his episodes you get the cool filter telling you something is wrong ,however when you play in first person there's no visual indication whatsoever that something is not right ... And it gives us Even More replayability to the game ...

1. If I'm playing with my friend over the internet in online co-op, and let's say my cat leaps on my face, claws my eyes out, and in the frenzy I tear my ethernet cable out of my laptop.... can I reconnect to the session and pick up where I left off? Does the AI take over while you mop the blood off your keyboard and connect back to the internet? How does that work? I assume it's all over Games for Windows Live too.

2. How are you guys handling "bullet tracers" this time around? Are they the same as the original game, or are you gonna get rid of em (like a lot of people would like)

3. You've said that incapacitated players can now crawl and shoot. If you're incapacitated, and your partner becomes incapacitated... how does that work? Can you crawl over and give them adrenaline still? Is it game over? How does shooting from an incapacitated position work, is it like Left 4 Dead where you must use your pistol only?

1. If I'm playing with my friend over the internet in online co-op, and let's say my cat leaps on my face, claws my eyes out, and in the frenzy I tear my ethernet cable out of my laptop.... can I reconnect to the session and pick up where I left off? Does the AI take over while you mop the blood off your keyboard and connect back to the internet? How does that work? I assume it's all over Games for Windows Live too.
    Well in your unfortunate situation, Some games allow a pause function, most simply disconnect. I presume it's either one.

3. You've said that incapacitated players can now crawl and shoot. If you're incapacitated, and your partner becomes incapacitated... how does that work? Can you crawl over and give them adrenaline still? Is it game over? How does shooting from an incapacitated position work, is it like Left 4 Dead where you must use your pistol only?
    I'm presuming Left 4 dead style.. I mean... imagine you get seriously wounded, you'll be running around like as if nothing happens.. doubt that would feel.... quoting IOI: "realistic".

Sounds more Army of Two like rather then L4D.
    "Destruction and Terror continue, as the hulking, God-less Child-Beast carves a bloody swath through our helpless city...."

maybe you get a new crew, who can give you adrenalin if your both incapped, i think Youll just be able to crawl, slowly small distances, like in Gears of war 2, so your out of the line of fire
    PSN: Doktor Klown
    Slaughter is the best medicine

Red Face (Embarrassed)

Can't we just have the health bars and health packs ? ...

Don't you think it's a bit weird that a engineered clone assassin can't regenerate his health but two 'real' human beings can ? ...

LOLLL!!! Interesting point there gnr! But I doubt that's gonna happen...
    Gaming has evolved to automatic regeneration of health. We humans have evolved, but Agent 47 is still stuck with 20th Century style gaming lolllll

The difference is Hitman is more of a stealth game really, while Kane and Lynch is a straight up shooter.
    "Destruction and Terror continue, as the hulking, God-less Child-Beast carves a bloody swath through our helpless city...."

If K&L2 PC version has some bugs or glitches , will IOI release patches to fix them?
    I still hope K&L1 pc can get a patch to fix some problem .

Here's a question for the Devs, Do you guise play fragile alliance, if so what platform do you play on and who in IOI is the best player?

Big Grin

Originally Posted by Dr Klowneus
    Here's a question for the Devs, Do you guise play fragile alliance, if so what platform do you play on and who in IOI is the best player?
    I'm sure their best player is their Sound Mixer , yes , do not underestimate the gaming skill of a sound mixer ...

And sometimes both David Bateson and Jesper Kyd are invited to pwn newbies too ...

Brian Bloom is obviously the best Fragile Alliance player in the studio.

Rolleyes

And Charles Martinet is the second best ...

(Jarion Monroe has got other stuff to do than playing 'video games') ...

Hi,

sorry for my bad english.
    A little technical qeustion here.
    At GDC 2009 in Europe I wasn't able to visit Calle Lejdfors's speech about the Glacier 2 deferred rendering pipeline.
    Since when are you using "Glacier 2"? Since Mini Ninjas?
    I'm asking especially about the PS3 handling of the engine.
    As far as I know Kane & Lynch: Dead Men had some Anti-Aliasing issues on the PS3, which Mini Ninjas didn't had, it was all sharp.

So what can we expect from the PS3 version of Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days?
    Will the Texture resolution match with other platforms? As same as the Framerate, the AA and loading times etc.
    Will K&L2 have a mandatory install onto the HDD? Or will it be the same as K&L1 ?

What is your lead platform for this project?

Thank you!

iCEQB

Originally Posted by iCEQB
    Hi,

A little technical qeustion here.
    At GDC 2009 in Europe I wasn't able to visit Calle Lejdfors's speech about the Glacier 2 deferred rendering pipeline.
    Since when are you using "Glacier 2"? Since Mini Ninjas?
    I'm asking especially about the PS3 handling of the engine.
    As far as I know Kane & Lynch: Dead Men had some Anti-Aliasing issues on the PS3, which Mini Ninjas didn't had, it was all sharp.

So what can we expect from the PS3 version of Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days?
    Will the Texture resolution match with other platforms? As same as the Framerate, the AA and loading times etc.
    Will K&L2 have a mandatory install onto the HDD? Or will it be the same as K&L1 ?

What is your lead platform for this project?

Thank you!

iCEQB
    I wanna say the lead platform *should* be the PC... but this isn't so much the case anymore these days. PS3/Xbox got a DLC whereas the PC version got the shaft. That's a really good question though, I'm eager to see what the devs have to say about that.

Arrow

Originally Posted by iCEQB
    Hi,

I failed to see any bad english so i must be very stupid ...

I wanna say the lead platform *should* be the PC... but this isn't so much the case anymore these days. PS3/Xbox got a DLC whereas the PC version got the shaft. That's a really good question though, I'm eager to see what the devs have to say about that.
    PLEASE ...

No to DLCs ...
    It is killing the industry ...

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    PLEASE ...

No to DLCs ...
    It is killing the industry ...
    What why? K&Ls dlc was free! So I was just pissed we didn't get it on pc...

Exclamation

EXACTLY ! ...

Unless it's Free And Available on all platforms , DLCs doesn't make everyone happy ...

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    Not much but i thought some might be interested ...

http://www.thelostgamer.com/2009/11/...dead-mechanic/

So ... are there still audio flashbacks ? ...
    Had to put this here.

Each Version of the game had differences

In Regards to Dead men,

The Xbox 360 Version used the Tru-skill system to determine Rank in Fragile Alliance, Whilst the PS3 version was based on money - i think - correct me if i 'm wrong

The ps3 version didnt have trophy Support, or support for Voice Chat

The PC Version didn't get the 'Dope Bag' Down loadable Content

It was their first "Next gen game" i'm sure dog Day's will be more even on all platforms

Originally Posted by Acid Burn

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=228071

Do you like how our dearest friends look like?
    Had to put this here! more details finally arrived!

Page 2 of 14 First First 12345612 ... Last