Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... Last

Thread: Q & A for the Devs.

Q & A for the Devs.

Post Q & A for the Devs.

I hope the Developers are reading these forums... Us fans would love to ask some questions reguarding the game itself... no need to spoil us.. just some small questions wouldn't mind being answered like:

Will Jesper Kyd be returning for musical score?

When will we be expecting the release date? etc...

If any of you guys have some questions for the developers, simply post here. And I hope you guys at IOI or Eidos/Square enix can answer our questions best you can.
    No siggie to display... move along...

Cool

Can we expect a collector's edition with behind the scene documentaries (like what they did for Blood Money) , the complete original score , and ... action figures of Lynch and Kane ? ...

Good thread, they certainly do read the forum

Obviously the guys at IO won't be able to answer everything straight away but please do go ahead and ask; we'll answer what we can when we can.
    "......It reminds me of Beethoven..... can you hear it?"

I hate to play the devil's advocate, just after the announcement, but someone needs to do it.

1\ How do you intend to make the cover system work?
    2\ What improvements relating the AI can you spare the fans?
    3\ Can you use the cover system while crouching?

Now for the main questions:

4\ Are we going to have online Co-op this time?
    5\ Can we play as Kane OR Lynch on the single-player mode?
    6\ Are there any more scenes like the "pig-headed-cop" arrest in the sequel?

I believe that is all, I'll post more questions, or update this one if I remember something relevant to add.

My 3 questions:

1. What is IOInteractive's stance on Steam? Will you be releasing Kane & Lynch 2 on Steam at the same time as the PC DVD, or will it be released later (much later in fact, like Kane & Lynch was)

2. I know you probably can't officially comment, but what are Kane & Lynch 2's system requirements gonna be like? I'm guessing at least a 2.4 GHZ

3. and again, you probably can't comment, but will Brian Bloom and Jarion Monroe be lending their voice talents to Kane & Lynch this time around? I think I hear Jarion Monroe in the two teaser videos, but I'd like to be sure.

1) Will there be available mod tools? (this would benefit the community and help it to grow!)

2) Will there be a level creator (same as above really)

3) Will IOI be helping the community with their tech, issues this time right?

4) Is Jesper Kyd scoring the game?

5) Will there be a demo?

6) Any chance of new features being revealed sometime soon?

Originally Posted by Keir
    Yep, the dissemination (popular word in the world of PR at the moment ) of news is planned from here to release as you might expect. There's tons of new features and some revamped and enhanced areas that we'll be telling you about.
    Just wanted to post this up here

Lightbulb

Can we have a explanation on what Lynch's flash backs in Dead Men's co op was about exactly ? ...

(it's been four months that i'm in these forums and i'm still afraid to talk about it ... not because it's scary , but rather because of the 'logic' behind the flash backs ... it's just ... mind blowing) ...

Where does the sequel take off?? the Helicopter ending or the "consequence" ending?
    OR maybe it rewrites the ending? (<I'd like that one best

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    Can we have a explanation on what Lynch's flash backs in Dead Men's co op was about exactly ? ...

(it's been four months that i'm in these forums and i'm still afraid to talk about it ... not because it's scary , but rather because of the 'logic' behind the flash backs ... it's just ... mind blowing) ...
    There aren't any flashbacks of Lynch as far as I remember. Just 1 black-screen flash-back dialogue and the hallucinations.

Arrow

Oh sorry , i was talking about the near death 'last thoughts' audio , in co-op only ...

Sweet thread, guys. Keep the questions coming. We'll try to get as much answered as we reasonably can but this is still early days in terms of what we are able to share so obviously we're not able to give you all the information right away.

Big Grin

HOLY ! ...

Originally Posted by Nick@IO
    Fragile Alliance is in Dog Days and it's pure awesomeness! I can't really talk about it yet but if you liked it in the first game, you'll love it in this one for sure. We've got some nice things in wait.
    Another thing wanted to post here

Wanted to ask: Will there be a run-in with Agent 47?
    I seen this several times on Marvel Comics... Like totally different comics meeting for some reason.

If not... I presume Easter Eggs would be in order? It's too bad i didn't see any easter eggs on mini ninjas If any of you guys know any, please post in the Mini ninjas forum

All I really want to know at this time is online co-op. If any game should have it, you'd think it be this one.
    "Destruction and Terror continue, as the hulking, God-less Child-Beast carves a bloody swath through our helpless city...."

Originally Posted by DrDoom
    All I really want to know at this time is online co-op. If any game should have it, you'd think it be this one.
    Yeah that would be great. Actually I think it'll be in the game since alot of ppl were complaining about it not being in the first one...

As long as they keep the split-screen in. That needs to stay.

Cool

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...amasutra+News)

I thought this should go up here... A small history on IOI and some answered questions.

Arrow

So ... can we expect a "Director's cut" of Kane & Lynch : Dead Men then ? the one they originally wanted to make without all the timing pressure ? ...

Thank you Falkenwut. I read it a few days back and I am pleased to see IOI admitting that K&L: DM wasn't what it could've and should've been. I really feel that the future of the franchise is going to be miles better, so don't let me down IOI!

Originally Posted by dark_angel_7
    Yep, Kotaku is reporting a new rumour (although they say it is from an asset disc provided by Square Enix even though no other site has reported anything remotely similar to this) that Kane is no longer the main character of the game instead you'll be playing Lynch. Oh and the game features online co-op.

Source:

http://kotaku.com/5408420/at-least-o...-kane--lynch-2

NOTE: Link may contain possible story spoilers amongst other spoilers.

Just wanted to post this here. This rumour may be false, in my case: let's hope not!

Originally Posted by Falkenwut
    Just wanted to post this here. This rumour may be false, in my case: let's hope not!
    I hope it is a rumour! Im so used to Kane and i prefer him as the main main character out of the duo if you get what i mean.

Then again it will be exciting to see Lynch's side to the story and his past life abit more fleshed out. But i prefer Kane more and i HOPE it is him *prays to god*

Since this is a Q & A.. I'll say it in a more formal way:

Can anyone at IOI or Eidos please confirm or deny this news?

One that was originally born in another thread:
    Are lynch's drugs given to him automaticaly [ex: cutscenes], or do we have to give them to him[ex: painkillers in Max Payne]? When he starts to get paranoid.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... Last