Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... Last

Thread: Smallville

Smallville

Smallville

This show is beginning to blow me away.2 weeks ago,we meet Speedy,last week,Zod wore a uniform straight out of the current World of New Krypton comic,this week the Wonder Twins were introduced to the Smallville Universe,and in January,there is going to be a Geoff Johns written 2-hour TV movie with the JSA(so far they've announced Hawkman,Dr.Fate,and Stargirl),and Pam Grier as Amanda Waller.Any DC fan who's not watching this should be.
    signature image

Isn't there supposed to be a movie on the big screen too? At least that's what I heard.

I like the Secret Origin series much more than Smallville. It's been on for what, like nine years now and he's still not Superman?

This is its supposed last season, so he should be turning into him finally by the end. I don't know, though, since I stopped watching it years ago.

Not that I didn't like it while it was on: the first couple of seasons were AMAZING, I thought. But, it just got meh after that a bit and then, due to various reasons, I haven't watched that much TV over the past few years.

As far as a movie, there's only been an actual new Superman in the works for years, but it's been bounced around so many times, who knows when it'll ever happen. Superman Returns truly kicked the franchise in the... Anyway, it blew, so return to the nether-realm Superman's movie franchise has gone.

To my knowledge the "movie" is a 2 (or more?) long special tv hour where Clark kent faces Justice Society of America. So we see the live incarnations of Star Girl, Hawkman, Dr. Fate and maybe some more characters.

The episode is written by Geoff Johns whos known for Green Lantern: Secret Origin, Blackest Night, Green Lantern Rebirth, Sinestro Corp Wars, Superman: Secret Origin so yeah.

Originally Posted by Drazar
    To my knowledge the "movie" is a 2 (or more?) long special tv hour where Clark kent faces Justice Society of America. So we see the live incarnations of Star Girl, Hawkman, Dr. Fate and maybe some more characters.

The episode is written by Geoff Johns whos known for Green Lantern: Secret Origin, Blackest Night, Green Lantern Rebirth, Sinestro Corp Wars, Superman: Secret Origin so yeah.
    Originally,it was supposed to be 2 episodes,but they merged them together for one big 2 hour movie.Also,the writers are trying to get a 10th season and he has donned a black suit,kind of like the one in Return of Superman.
    signature image

Originally Posted by The Hylden
    This is its supposed last season, so he should be turning into him finally by the end. I don't know, though, since I stopped watching it years ago.

Not that I didn't like it while it was on: the first couple of seasons were AMAZING, I thought. But, it just got meh after that a bit and then, due to various reasons, I haven't watched that much TV over the past few years.

As far as a movie, there's only been an actual new Superman in the works for years, but it's been bounced around so many times, who knows when it'll ever happen. Superman Returns truly kicked the franchise in the... Anyway, it blew, so return to the nether-realm Superman's movie franchise has gone.

This isn't the last season at all. Writing has been put up to do a Season 10, Welling is in talks right now for the new season. The only none returning cast member is Allison Mack(Chloe).
    "And when you're sitting here alone in the middle of the night, unsleeping in the dark, remember -- every breath you take you owe to me."

Well, it was listed to be the last season a few months ago. I guess that has changed.

There is a new pic of Hawkman up(and that's a chest plate he's wearing,not a scrawny guy)
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/su...ws.php?id=8832
    signature image

To everyone who keeps saying that Smallville has gone on too long and that he should be superman already...in the movie he doesn't become superman until age 28 or 29.

Originally Posted by Variant
    To everyone who keeps saying that Smallville has gone on too long and that he should be superman already...in the movie he doesn't become superman until age 28 or 29.
    More like very early twenties, possibly even as a teenager. Christopher Reeve was 25 when that movie was made but they had a much younger actor play Superman the first time he put the suit on in that same film. Compare that with Tom Welling, who turns 33 in April, and it becomes obvious that they're pushing the timeline a little too far.

In the Richard Donner movie, Clark spends 12 years in the Fortress of Solitude with Jor-El before becoming Superman. So he's around 30.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    In the Richard Donner movie, Clark spends 12 years in the Fortress of Solitude with Jor-El before becoming Superman. So he's around 30.
    I just saw the twelve year thing on Wikipedia -- I don't think that's accurate. I don't remember them being specific about the timeframe, actually.

Didn't they show the actor who played young Clark leaving the Fortress in the suit after that sequence? If that much time had passed, they would've switched to Reeve.

Originally Posted by WarrENDeatH
    This isn't the last season at all. Writing has been put up to do a Season 10, Welling is in talks right now for the new season. The only none returning cast member is Allison Mack(Chloe).
    Chloe's is finally out, thank g*d. She's been a thorn in Clark's life since the first season.
    PSN ID: taurus82 / Twitter: 17taurus82 / YouTube: taurus170582

Some new info has been released about the upcoming JSA movie,the title of the event will be Smallville:Absolute Justice,and that it will be a full length 2 hour film with one set of credits(not 2 episodes played consecutively)
    signature image

Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead
    I just saw the twelve year thing on Wikipedia -- I don't think that's accurate. I don't remember them being specific about the timeframe, actually.

Didn't they show the actor who played young Clark leaving the Fortress in the suit after that sequence? If that much time had passed, they would've switched to Reeve.
    The time is never stated in the movie. Unless Wikipedia is referencing deleted scenes, or it's stated by Donner in an interview, then whomever wrote it just pulled the number out of thin air. Obviously some time has passed, since we go from the Clark in High School actor to the bigger, bulkier Reeve in Metropolis, but I would imagine that no more than the time it took to actually finish College would be enough. Clark should need a degree in Journalism to be considered by the Daily Planet. So, maybe four-to-six years, I am thinking, depending on when in High School he was. The others in his class were driving, so he had to be at least sixteen. They all seemed like eighteen to me.

It's amazing how JSA is getting slightly more alive to TV Media now. Firestorm & Captain America are confirmed for Batman Brave and Bold.

It's amazing how JSA is getting slightly more alive to TV Media now. Firestorm & Captain America are confirmed for Batman Brave and Bold.
    UMMM,YEAH...about that,Captain America is Marvel sooo,I don't think that's right
    First,I correct your spelling,now I correct your facts!
    signature image

Originally Posted by batfan08
    Some new info has been released about the upcoming JSA movie,the title of the event will be Smallville:Absolute Justice,and that it will be a full length 2 hour film with one set of credits(not 2 episodes played consecutively)
    I really hope it isn't a Tv movie, although it probably will be...

Originally Posted by JackWinz
    I really hope it isn't a Tv movie, although it probably will be...
    Heh. Somehow I doubt this will get a theatrical release.

Did you mean Captain Marvel? That would be cool.

Yeah i meant Captain Marvel, silly me. ^^ Preview is up for this movie:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMozVGEcCbM

Dr. Fate looks SPOT on, and the JSA table is awesome. Sandman and Alan Scott confirmed! <3

Looks amazing,thanks for the trailer Drazar
    signature image

Yeah i meant Captain Marvel, silly me. ^^ Preview is up for this movie:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMozVGEcCbM

Dr. Fate looks SPOT on, and the JSA table is awesome. Sandman and Alan Scott confirmed! <3
    You can see Sandman at the ten second mark. That's kinda cool...it would be truly awesome if they had Magog on the team, lol. He seems pretty unlikely, but I'm hoping Wildcat shows up.

Dr. Fate <3

They look so lame...

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... Last