Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Anyone plans to make a Fragile Alliance marathon/party/event on November 14th ? ...

Anyone plans to make a Fragile Alliance marathon/party/event on November 14th ? ...

Big Grin Anyone plans to make a Fragile Alliance marathon/party/event on November 14th ? ...

(I don't know exactly how to organize multiplayer events so if there's anyone with better skills at organizing parties , please help ...)

So here's the plan , on November 14th , next week's saturday , we make a Fragile Alliance event across all three platforms , PC Xbox 360 and PS3 ...
    And ... yeah that's about it ...

Why November 14th ? ... Three reasons :
    One , it's a saturday , you're bound to be free that day ...
    Four , it's possible that most of you don't have a copy of Dead Men at your disposal (or you lost it in your fridge i don't know) , so here's a week to get yourself one ...
    And Seven ... November 14th 2007 was the release date of Kane & Lynch : Dead Men (in North America anywya) ... meaning it'll soon be Two Full Years since that game was unleashed on the market ! isn't this worth celebrating ? ...

PS : At first i wanted to propose a three day marathon on November 13th , 14th and 15th ... but i guess that'll be a bit too much ... no ? ...

I lost my Kane & Lynch disc a while back, so the only way I could do that is it I re-bought the game on Steam for 19.99 but that would really suck, as I'm going to need all the money I can to pre-order Kane & Lynch 2 for me and my friend.

I highly doubt there will be enough people playing 360 to marathon the game.
    "Destruction and Terror continue, as the hulking, God-less Child-Beast carves a bloody swath through our helpless city...."

well if you want to have a Kane & Lynch 2 launch party... I'm game... although I won't lie to you once Left 4 Dead 2 goes live on the 16 or 17th I'm probably gonna be out in the swamps killing zombies 24/7 until a Kane & Lynch 2 demo of course.

Question

Excuse me are you implying that you still believe we'll see Kane & Lynch II This Year ? ...

I don't want to sound like one of these overly optimistic idiots over here, but I don't want to rule anything out. Is it likely? Probably not. but is it possible? Yes I think a christmas release of Kane & Lynch 2 is possible, and who knows what IOInteractive has planned.

They started working on the sequel almost immediately after Kane & Lynch so there's a chance that it's in the polishing stage. Like I said, I don't know... if they've dropped a viral trailer, that means *something* is on the horizon. You wouldn't release a viral trailer if the game was still a year away. Viral marketing campaigns are designed to generate quick and fast interest/curiosity in your game... and so far I'd say it's been successful.

This forum is still deader than Kane's wife though... so maybe their marketing campaign just hasn't taken hold yet.

Wink

Why are you ... ehh ... why are we ...

Awe christ we are both repeating the same things we said in the last three months ... the only difference now is that You are saying what I said in the first place while I ... just won't shut up ...

But wouldn't it be nice if i get to buy at least one game i want to play this year ...

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous

Why are you ... ehh ... why are we ...

Awe christ we are both repeating the same things we said in the last three months ... the only difference now is that You are saying what I said in the first place while I ... just won't shut up ...

But wouldn't it be nice if i get to buy at least one game i want to play this year ...
    what?

Originally Posted by DrDoom
    I highly doubt there will be enough people playing 360 to marathon the game.

On my friends list there are lots of people who are kane and lynch fans, who play the game regularly, but whenever i play i host so i dont end up in a match with people boosting who gun me down at the spawn - bastards
    PSN: Doktor Klown
    Slaughter is the best medicine

That's one of the reasons why Fragile Alliance is broken. People just spawn and open fire on eachother. If you've got the advanced weapons like the M4 or the SIG, even as your team mates respawn as cops they're still at a disadvantage.

Fragile Alliance needs a LOT of tweaks before it's balanced enough for a marathon.

Unhappy

Yeah i know ...
    But damn , for once i wanted to play online , i quickly began to recall my past experiences with Fragile Alliance ...
    *shivers at the sound of "You ain't going nowhere with that cash !"* ...

I always grinned evilly when my merc said "Almost a shame to share..."

Originally Posted by Kent-45
    I always grinned evilly when my merc said "Almost a shame to share..."
    There definitely was something special about Fragile Alliance. If IOI played their cards right, Fragile Alliance could become a really big thing in the gaming community.

Arrow

" We can pick the game ... But we cannot change the rules ... "

The community has to understand this first ...
    Meaning Fragile Alliance isn't suppose to be death matches , hell , you're not even suppose to know who you're playing with , playing with friends ruins the tension ...

"That's how you beat em, just leave em behind"
    "Welcome to the real world you F@#K"

I love fragile alliance so much, it's the most fun multiplayer i've had since quake III, i hope they make the next one with more maps and modes and unlockable characters,

I laughed so hard when i first saw the Dark knight, and the opening bank robbery reminded me of fragile alliance so much, from that point on the joker was my hero

Rolleyes

Are you suggesting that in the next version of Fragile Alliance the traitors will be wearing lame clown masks ? ...

Actually it's stated on wikipedia that the opening bank scene in The Dark Knight was inspired by the scene in Michael Mann's crime film "Heat" (1995) - "Heat" and "Collateral" (two of Michael Mann's most popular films) are inspirations for Kane & Lynch in a very significant way... The night club mission in Kane & Lynch is, in my opinion, an homage to the amazing night club scene in Michael Mann's "collateral"

Arrow

Yeah well i still prefer watching Ali three times a day than saying The Dark Knight was the best film ever made since Lawrence of Arabia ...

Hell , the point is MICHAEL MANN RULES ...

MORE HOMMAGES TO MICHAEL , PLZZZZZZZ !!!?! ...

Kane & Lynch is still a very unique style though that I haven't seen in any game. They just paid their respects to the "titans" of the crime genre. In the viral trailers of Kane & Lynch 1, they poke fun at Grand Theft Auto... and their night club scenes, even Kane's grey suit is more of just paying tribute to the old dogs (no pun intended) of the fantasy crime world. You basically gotta do it, it's like respecting your elders.

I don't want to get on a rant here but I think that Kane & Lynch 2 is going to be a much more defined game, and a lot of our notions about the characters are going to be rocked to their foundations because frankly.... Kane & Lynch 1 didn't explain much of anything with regard to the characters and the storyline is a giant sloppy ball of vague metaphors.

So basically get ready for a roller coaster ride, because I think that the authors are really going to start fleshing out the characters of Kane & Lynch, introduce MORE characters, and start setting up a franchise. Just look at the start difference between Agent 47 in Hitman 1 versus how he looks/acts in the later games. They are fleshing out the characters, and fine tuning them.

What really confuses me though is what could Kane's motivation be, besides revenge of course? Kane wanted to die in the first game. He was ready to die, on death row, and the only thing that made him want to stay alive was to give a letter he wrote to his daughter and save his family. Well that plan didn't work. Kane's wife is murdered, his daughter is dead. He hates Lynch, to the extent that Lynch has a tendency to up situations even more than they need to be.

What is Kane's motivation?? He isn't the type that would rob banks or go back to his old ways to make money again. He never cared about the money during the first game. The money was just a means to an end for him. Whereas every other Merc on the team was asking when they were gonna get paid, Kane didn't care.

So I ask again... what is Kane doing running around japan or china with Lynch?? It makes no sense!!!

Lightbulb

running around 'naked' , i'll say ...

But let me remind us all , even though the Consequence ending was generally viewed as the 'better' ending , it doesn't necessarily mean it's the cannon ending ...
    For all we know not long after Kane escaped with Jenny , she gets captured again , and now Kane has to beg for Lynch to help him , and while he initially refuses , his girlfriend Lara tells him it'll ease his soul and earn his inner redemption , and so our duo goes looking for Jenny once more ...
    But this time naked ...

Very silly indeed , but who knows ? plus that's the best explanation we have so far ...

As for the charater's motivations in Dead Men i'll explain this another day ...
    *suspense*

I didnt say 'the dark knight' was the best movie evrar! just that i like the first scene and that it reminds me of fragile alliance, in that the characters backstab each other and one makes it out with the cash,

Yes i'm down with klown masks in fragile alliance - points at my gamertag

The film influences for the first one include, michael mann's heat and collateral, Dog Day afternoon, the unforgiven and reservoir dogs, all of which i like,

As for characters and plot, all is speculation at this point, still far too early to tell whats going on, which is fine by me because i want to be surprised when i play it through for the first time

I'll try, but it could be that i'll be away from the town

We all need to get together for Kane & Lynch 2. Lemme know if you guys have Facebook or something so we can coordinate something and stay in touch.

Red Face (Embarrassed)

What ? ... this forum ain't good enough for us to stay in touch ? ...

My MSN/ICQ/Skype contacts are in profile.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last