Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: FFVII Accounts - Issues and Linking

FFVII Accounts - Issues and Linking

FFVII Accounts - Issues and Linking

So, after installing FF7 PC and being prompted to log in, I did what any normal person would do and attempted to log in with my North American Square Enix account. It failed. After re-trying a dozen times I finally decided to click the "can't access your account" link, which made sense to me because I could not, in fact, access my account. It then prompted me for my email address. I entered it and was given a message that that email address doesnt exist in their system. Although it seems weird to me, at this point I am thinking that I need to create a new account. So I do, and I log in with that account. This allows me to play the game, but it seems strange to me, especially since my new profile has a games section and only shows FF7 in it, and none of my other games.

I now realize that despite being logged in with this NA account when I bought the game, and despite having paid with an NA billing address, the game defaults to wanting you to log in with an EU account. So I now have this NA account, and a brand new EU account, to which my FF7 PC copy is now registered. The email address is the same on both accounts.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Is it possible to use the serial number and register my newly downloaded FF7 PC version on my proper NA account, or is this something that I will need to contact customer support to rectify?

I'm having the exact same problem. It's so confusing.

Except that is shows that I own the game on both my EU and NA accounts

Well I'm not sure where to post this so I'll just post it here. I have been having issues with FF7 since yesterday afternoon.

My first problem was when I was prompted for my email address and password. I gave both and got a message stating that they weren't correct. Tried a few more times and same thing. So thinking I had the wrong password I clicked the tab to reset/retrieve my password via email. This also gave a message that my email address was not in the system. The same email that I used to log in and purchase FF7 minutes before and got purchase confirmation sent to.

Well anyway, I figured something was wrong on my account so I clicked the tab on the upper right corner of the FF7 splash screen to (I hoped) verify my email and possibly get things working. The link was for new registration but I assumed I needed a new one since the old one wasn't working. Filled in the information, hit submit, and then noticed the link from the game I purchased and downloaded from the NA SE store had instead sent me to the UK SE store. So now I have 2 seperate accounts in different regions. I don't think this was intended but whatever, I tried the new password and the same email and that suprisingly worked.

I got into the game and was playing the game when Win7 update tells me I need to restart my computer. I quit FF7, reboot, wait for update, reload FF7 and click play. Then, FF7_EN.exe has stopped working. Click play, same crash? over and over. I tried to run as admin but that didn't work, nor did anything else I could think of.

I decide to reinstall FF7 which doesn't help much. I then decide to reinstall to a different directory which at least gets me as far as to the S/N prompt where I then get server error after server error every time I type it in. I somehow manage to get past that and using my European (I guess) account info back into the game. How long that will last, who knows, but if someone could tell me what I can do to fix this mess I'd greatly appreciate it.

For some reason, it is very particular about what you have selected as your login. For instance, I had to choose the Square Enix NA (it should be an available option on the left hand side of the login screen) in order to properly log in.

I can't even get past entering my activation code. It tells me there's a server error. What's going on, Square-Enix?

The activation code was sent in an email that you should have received after you purchased the game, but I had to go into my spam folder to find the email...

My problem is that when I hit "PLAY" on the load screen, the box blinks, and nothing else happens. The game does not open, and my curser does not even go into think mode.

I got the code and I've been entering it. When I enter it, though, I get a vague "server error" message and I can't go any further.

Originally Posted by imported_Jacob
    The activation code was sent in an email that you should have received after you purchased the game, but I had to go into my spam folder to find the email...

My problem is that when I hit "PLAY" on the load screen, the box blinks, and nothing else happens. The game does not open, and my curser does not even go into think mode.
    Same here. Don't know what to do.

Account issues.

I was purchasing the new pc release of ff7, and i hadn't used this website before and had to make an account. I purchased it and started the D/l, But had exited the page with the CD keys and everything. Went to log back in, told me my info was wrong. Apparently i managed to put in the wrong email for the account i made when i bought it and can't reset my password. Was going to go through the websites support but figured I'd drop a post here too. I have the card info which was used for the purchase, should be enough proof to get it fixed. i hope.

The FAQ says:

I have purchased the game from the SQUARE ENIX Store, but my activation key will not work in the game launcher. What can I d

1) Log into this website using the "Log in" button in the top right corner of the screen.

2) Select "Add new game" from the top right corner drop-down menu.

3) Follow the instructions on screen using the activation key that you have been sent.

4) Once the game has been added to your Game Shelf, please run the game application again and log in with the account you have just used to register the product.

My problem is: i can't find this damn "Add new game" button.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks

Help !!

I bought FF7 two days ago I am stilll unable to play.

When I enter my activation key I have the following message:

"We're sorry, but something went wrong. We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly"

Here you go:

semna29.webs.com/Add_New_Game.jpg

(You have to be online on the EU website to see the Add New Game button.)

Thanks for your help!

The problem was I can't managed to log on the EU website coming from the launcher of FF7.

I created a new account directly on the EU website and I finaly get the "add new game" option.

Thanks again.

There is no need to thank me, I am simply trying to help out whenever I can. I hope everything will work as it should now, even if you had to use the EU SEM website instead of this one (still, that's what I did too).

Hello cacophonic7 and CanuckianOne,

Sorry to hear that you had problems getting the game activated on your accounts. Are either of you still unable to play the game on your NA profile? Please let us know if you are still having problems and we'll endeavor to work with you to get any outstanding issues fixed up.

Thanks!

Hi All,

It seems like there are several different issues being reported here. For any of you who replied to this thread and are still having issues, we invite you to contact the SQUARE ENIX Support center by calling 310-846-0345(option 3) 9AM-6PM(mon-fri) for further assistance.

Thanks!

How to withdraw my account.

Untill FF7 is able to be bought in the USA I wish to have my account withdrawn.

[How do I cancel my MEMBERS account?]

support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.ph...

Wait! Great news!! FFVII has been available in the United States since September 7, 1997! So you don't have to cancel your account!

Originally Posted by thirdworldliberator

Wait! Great news!! FFVII has been available in the United States since September 7, 1997! So you don't have to cancel your account!

Is it bad that I seriously laughed at this?

And I don't know what they mean either, because they can also buy FF VII on their computer if they have 12 bucks.

Yes I know the org. one has been out since then but there is a new one that has been released that will play on win 7, the org will not play on win 7.

At this time the NEW release of FF7 that work's on win 7 is not for the USA to buy and untill it is I dont need a account now do I.

Originally Posted by a1fox3

Yes I know the org. one has been out since then but there is a new one that has been released that will play on win 7, the org will not play on win 7.

At this time the NEW release of FF7 that work's on win 7 is not for the USA to buy and untill it is I dont need a account now do I.

Nope cant buy it in the USA.

Hi.
    I logged in to Facebook using my account and started playing the game. My wife wants to log in with her account too but the activation code has already been used. Is there a way to switch to her Facebook account on the same serial code?
    Thanks!

We apologize for the trouble you have been having with this title. We would like to let you know that you should make sure that each of you have your own set of Serial Codes, one for each of your accounts. This would allow you to sign in with separate account information, separate game saves, and keeping account information secure for each of you. We hope this information has been helpful and that you both enjoy your new adventures.

I purchased Final Fantasy 7 yesterday and waited for it to download, it has finished the downloading process now everytime I try to log in on it, it tells me that my Square Enix account has not been registered, obviously its been registered if I'm able to log in on the site and post on the forums. Anyone have any idea what I am supposed to do?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last