View Poll Results: Should it have a multi-player option?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 36.59%
  • No

15 36.59%
  • Wouldn't bother me in the slightest

11 26.83%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should Lara tackle Multiplayer?

Well if CD can't manage to make over 10 hour game you want to play more than once or twice (looks very likely), multiplayer is probably the thing they have to do. "Bad" sales almost forces it.

Co-op like Splinter Cell, Army of Two...
    Competitive kill others, collect artifacts, race through challenging and dangerous environments... mode. Imagine St. Francis Folly-style matches - outrun, outsmart, outgun your rivals.

I'd still rather have CD focus on making really long and replayable Oblivion-scale singleplayergame with Arkham Asylum-like plot and "I'm Lara Croft"-feel.

yup, thats him, his named slipped me, but i remembered it after i posted. anyway, i was thinking along the lines of..... you can use the wrath stone the way lara uses the pistols, you know, pull it out anytime and use it, and then it would recharge, and you could use it again!!!! i love that wrath stone !!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4evertatombraiderfan View Post
    yup, thats him, his named slipped me, but i remembered it after i posted. anyway, i was thinking along the lines of..... you can use the wrath stone the way lara uses the pistols, you know, pull it out anytime and use it, and then it would recharge, and you could use it again!!!! i love that wrath stone !!!
    I guess it could also allow CD to tell us where the hell the damn thing came from. Unless they already did?

Still, a great idea!

it came from amandas and laras 1st dig in paraesal. hahahahahah, go figure, i'd know.

Maybe they could do climbing race minigames. Blecch.
    signature image

multi-player could be fun ^^

Yea, you know multiplayer could be fun. Finally, me and my best buddys raiding tombs together. *day dreams* Any way, doing the whole manual-targeting like in uncharted would be awesome. Think, we could get Kurtis, Zip, maybe Amanda in it. Aw, man, i think it would be a blast! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Studded*Belt View Post
    Yea, you know multiplayer could be fun. Finally, me and my best buddys raiding tombs together. *day dreams* Any way, doing the whole manual-targeting like in uncharted would be awesome. Think, we could get Kurtis, Zip, maybe Amanda in it. Aw, man, i think it would be a blast! ^^

The likelyhood of CD ever making TR online is probably pretty slim, but still, it's fun to come up with ways of how it would work.

One thing I don't thin they should so is add splitscreen that forces you to walk around with a A.I. partner if you don't have a real 'partner' during the course of the entire game. I'm not one to say "that's not TR" but I'll say it to an A.I. Partner. I like the concept of having say 4 real players, the rest A.I. bots to complete a goal.

One thing that I find col about Uncharted's online is the 'machinima' mode, I know other games have used it but this is actually pretty cool. Allows you to go to green screen mode too.

If you have no idea what machinima is then:
    Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    Machinima ( or ) is the use of real-time three-dimensional (3-D) graphics rendering engines to generate computer animation
    You basically just create your own movies using the engine of said game. Well, people please correct me if I am wrong!

What is wrong with you people?! It's not like its' going to affect story mode or anything. The game will still stay the same. Besides, Uncharted 2 (Which is a million times better than TRU) added it and it worked out wonderfully.
    "-Is that an ancient Tibetan ritual dagger in your pocket?"
    "Maybe I'm just happy to see you!" -Uncharted 2

I think that 2 or 3 player coop would be very impressive. Just think of it Lara teaming with Amanda and her doppleganger to find some ancient artifact in a tomb. Deathmatches and alot of killing just isn't what tomb raider is about. Oh yeah lock on aiming needs to go, Manual aiming is so much better. Tomb Raider can be a phenomenal game, it just needs as (Lara Croft once said) Patience and persistance.

@ pinpal I agree with your post and:

I know TR isn't popular as much now because there are other frnachises but I think if CD really put everything they've got into the next game then TR might stand a achance at becoming popular once more. They could do with creating a less 'pedictable' story too.

They should also take thri time too, even develop it for around four years. I know fans will probably moan, "we want TR now!!!!" but patience is a vertue

I can't help but agree with Jason Miller either.

A lot of you will kill me (maybe) but tell me you can't see Lara, Amanda, Natla and whoever else representing real people for a change:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4oeF...rom=PL&index=2

Fair enough, the online side of things with uncharted 2 doesn't look as nice to the eye as the single player does.

Well no. For one thing the game is called Tomb Raider - not tomb raiders. Second, Lara is a loner and not a team player. The writers did tried to make her part of a team via Legend but it didn't turn out so well, did it?
    Click here to view the world through my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by digifan View Post
    Well no. For one thing the game is called Tomb Raider - not tomb raiders. Second, Lara is a loner and not a team player. The writers did tried to make her part of a team via Legend but it didn't turn out so well, did it?

But it wouldn't effect the single player, just like Uncharted 2. It's got it's perfect single player and then some pretty cool online modes that you don't need to even touch.

i would love to see lara tackling tombs with a partner, but i wouldn't want it in every level though. it would be more like you get to a level and a message appears saying 2 players and you just go "yay excitement"

I would actually like a Tomb Raider multiplayer componant. But in order for it to be a good multiplayer game, CD would have to bring in the following:

1. More weapons
    2. A cover system
    3. Regenerating health
    4. Armor

If CD did bring in a multiplayer componant, this is what I would like to see:

1. Singleplayer Co-op: Yes, yes, you guys say Lara Croft is a loner, but having a buddy with you, either A.I. or human, would be awesome. It could bring in a new world of puzzle solving potential.

2. Deathmatch: Uncharted was awesome, and so was it's multiplayer. Some people will argue that Tomb Raider is not a multiplayer game. I don't care. I think it would be cool if each player created their own character/avatar instead of just using characters from the game like other games do. (just now needs a cover system)

3. Various game modes: This is potential to create awesome and original game modes. What about one where 5 players have to navigate through a series of traps and puzzles to get to a artifact, and the person who gets to it the fastest is the winner.

Now imagine if the game was played professionally. Would it not be awesome. I'm pretty tired of only seeing DotA, Call of Duty, and Counter-Stike being the games played professionally.

Note to Crystal Dynamics: If you do make a multiplayer component, please add a feature for A.I. bots.

I'd like there to be Amanda or some new guy as a second player. It'd be great to run through tombs with another person and together figure out how to pass a puzzle or kick monster butt. just kinda thinkin out loud but there could also be an online feature too where it's like who can get to the artifact first and it places people (Lara, New Guy, Amanda, Doppelganger, Bad Guy, Other Bad Guy, Mercenary A, Mercenary B) at different corners of the map then they can race and fight each other until the time runs out and of course more online games like that but with different objectives and scenarios. Like motorcycle racing yes, i would definately like that
    signature image

I'm getting tired of the motion that EVERYTHING needs to have multiplayer...its becoming extremely dull and gives the developers excuses to half ass their single player to tact on multiplayer.

You know its getting bad when are now adding multiplayer to freakin Dead Space 2, I mean come on lol

Devs seem to think its a MUST, when its not

I hope TR never gets multiplayer unless in the form of co-op somehow

i couldn't care less whether lara had multi player.
    signature image

I think they should try... hard. Tomb Raider is definitely my favorite single player game, but stuff like Halo 3's multiplayer is what makes me always go back to H3 in the end. If CD manages to make a successful multiplayer mode for the next Tomb Raider game, then I would actually be able to say that it was my favorite game. They wouldn't have to do any work to the campaign, it's already phenomenal. Plus, it would more than likely make Tomb Raider one of the number one games again. But if CD tries to implant multiplayer but makes it really crappy, the Tomb Raider series will always be shunned by the gaming community, no matter how great its campaign is.
    What if I wanted to break?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12