Thread: Batman Movie Suites

Batman Movie Suites

Batman Movie Suites

Dose anyone know if they considered the Black and Gray Batman suit and if they considered another suit for the Terriable Nolan batman suite.

i like the suit in nolans movies it fits with the style of movie they were trying to make. they wanted a suit that would look like a real world application not just some dude in kevlar tights which would of made zero sense in the nolanverse. everything in the movie could be conceivable from a R & D standpoint.
    Superman: i have stange favor to ask of you.
    Batman : No clark, you can't borrow my pirate ship.

Well I know for the Tim Burton movies the script described a fabric suit with under-armour. The suit was made into hard rubber to make Keaton look more manly and was written in as body-armour. Ever since then it's been the way Batman looks on film, though I don't like it one bit.

If you can make sonar from cell-phones you can make protective fabrics and not have to resort to the rubber suit.

Keaton was ripped for that movie. What are you on?

The Black and Grey suit would NOT have worked in a feature film by today's standards. Nolan was going for that "realistic look" and frankly, black against a black night is more stealthy. However, I do prefer the comic look to the realistic look which is why I really liked this game's interpretation of it. BTW, I dislike the yellow border surrounding the bat emblem. I know that is said to provide a target aside from the head, but I don't like it as much as just the black emblem on gray.
    `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
    `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'

Actually black isn't as stealthy as (I think it was) shades gray at night, this was confirmed in a military or some other experiment conducted.

really? Well, all the more reason for them to do a proper movie/comic tie in with black and gray. BTW, I did enjoy Nolan's films more than the last three batman films post Batman Returns.

I will fight for the black and grey cloth costume until we get it. The way I like Batman goes back to when I was a kid: When I watched TAS as a kid, I didn't know that Batman didn't have superpowers. I never paid enough attention to the dialog to pick up on that.

Even now when I'm a lot more learned, when I watch TAS I forget I'm looking at a mortal man, because to me when Batman puts on the costume he becomes inhuman. When he's wearing armour it's harder to forget that he's just a dude.

Realism be damned, IMO. All realism is to me is the absense of style, and too many people confuse "realistic" with "believable". For something to be realistic it has to conform to our world. For something to be believable it has to fit in the movie's world enough to not make you go "huh?" Make Batman believable, but don't try and make him something he's not.

I agree with Ben, I don't need realism in a superhero/vigilante movie.

Terrible? They weren't terrible. I like both suits, but out of all the Batman movies, Batman Begins had the best suit, imo they're the only ones that got the damn cowl right(Every other movie had the ears pointing straight up and that frustrated the hell outta me). A lot of people also didn't like the TDK suit, but to me it looked just fine. If someone has the artistic skill, photoshop a picture of a Christian Bale Batman with the grey and black suit concept and we can really see what it looks like, because quite honestly; I can't.

Originally Posted by BatFan
    Terrible? They weren't terrible. I like both suits, but out of all the Batman movies, Batman Begins had the best suit, imo they're the only ones that got the damn cowl right(Every other movie had the ears pointing straight up and that frustrated the hell outta me). A lot of people also didn't like the TDK suit, but to me it looked just fine. If someone has the artistic skill, photoshop a picture of a Christian Bale Batman with the grey and black suit concept and we can really see what it looks like, because quite honestly; I can't.
    I've actually been looking for one for that exact purpose, but all the ones I find are him bare-assed from American Psycho or looking like a stick in the Machinist.

Here's a couple shots of an actor for a fan-film that IMO serves well as a proof-of-concept.

He's not as big as Bale and the movie was made on a much smaller budget and with simpler techniques and the suit still came out looking great.

The spandex looked great in Spider-Man, why not Batman? As long as they shake it up a bit it's fine by me. Mix in some leather, some hard-plastic or fibreglass, some metal and I think you'll have a great suit.

I still think the Batman 89 suit is the best. The Nolan cowls look way to round to me, with the ears curving inwards from the side and back. His face just looks puffy, especially in TDK, the mouth hole is too small and round, the nose is worthy of Penguin and in TDK the neck is too thin, while in Begins its too fat and oblong.

The 89 cowl was expressive without being overbearingly sculpted. All the arches and ridges flowed well with each other, and though I think the ears were a tad long, the shape they had was better than the Nolan-cowl's.

I also hate how the cape is attached to the suit in the Nolan movies. It flows great, but its so frustating for it to just hang behind him instead of cloak his body.

Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    I've actually been looking for one for that exact purpose, but all the ones I find are him bare-assed from American Psycho or looking like a stick in the Machinist.

Here's a couple shots of an actor for a fan-film that IMO serves well as a proof-of-concept.

He's not as big as Bale and the movie was made on a much smaller budget and with simpler techniques and the suit still came out looking great.

The spandex looked great in Spider-Man, why not Batman? As long as they shake it up a bit it's fine by me. Mix in some leather, some hard-plastic or fibreglass, some metal and I think you'll have a great suit.

I still think the Batman 89 suit is the best. The Nolan cowls look way to round to me, with the ears curving inwards from the side and back. His face just looks puffy, especially in TDK, the mouth hole is too small and round, the nose is worthy of Penguin and in TDK the neck is too thin, while in Begins its too fat and oblong.

The 89 cowl was expressive without being overbearingly sculpted. All the arches and ridges flowed well with each other, and though I think the ears were a tad long, the shape they had was better than the Nolan-cowl's.

I also hate how the cape is attached to the suit in the Nolan movies. It flows great, but its so frustating for it to just hang behind him instead of cloak his body.
    I Mean Like that one but like the DC vs MK suit with the Armour

I thought the Dark Knight movie suit was awesome except for how they made the nose of the mask like three times larger than it had to be.

Look at that. His nose is almost as wide as his mouth.

I like the Batman Begins suite way better

the reason its black in a real world situation is because it is stealthy and it hides him from thermal vision at the same time.

I might be wrong, but doesn't black absorb heat, making the suit warmer and more visible with thermal vision?

lol, yeah, that Batman vs. Predator movie is still the best fan-made one I have seen.

I loved both the original Batman '89 and the Batman Begins suits the best. The whole headpiece of Dark Knight's was too big, and the jointed neck of the "cowl" (which is no longer a cowl) doesn't work. All of that to get a little more mobility in the neck, well, it wasn't worth it. And the suit's looking a little too complicated. But, it serves Batman's needs, which is to make it lighter and him to be able to be more flexible. I am sure Bats will perfect it for the third outing

Black and gray would be fine, too, as long as it's not blue and gray... -_-

I'm just gonna throw this in here; blue is far better than black for stealth at night, black is way to dark and makes you stand out incredibly easy, dark blues and browns are the best.

Originally Posted by iamtombombadil
    Keaton was ripped for that movie. What are you on?

The Black and Grey suit would NOT have worked in a feature film by today's standards. Nolan was going for that "realistic look" and frankly, black against a black night is more stealthy. However, I do prefer the comic look to the realistic look which is why I really liked this game's interpretation of it. BTW, I dislike the yellow border surrounding the bat emblem. I know that is said to provide a target aside from the head, but I don't like it as much as just the black emblem on gray.
    What are YOU on? How would you know what kind of physical shape he was in if he was never seen with his shirt off? Or wearing ANY kind of clothing that showed off his physique? And a Batman suit with fake rubber muscles doesn't count. WHy do you think they made the suit like that? Because he WASN'T "ripped". Far from it. Point me to a picture from the movie showing how "ripped" he was

Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    I might be wrong, but doesn't black absorb heat, making the suit warmer and more visible with thermal vision?
    Yes, that is correct. Which makes the Costume designer's (appearing on the Begins special features disc) statement that Wayne painted it black to reduce the "heat signature" totally bogus

Originally Posted by BatNipples
    the reason its black in a real world situation is because it is stealthy and it hides him from thermal vision at the same time.
    And again, it was proven in a "real world" scientific study commisioned by the miltary , that a two tone (grey and black specifically) camoflage scheme works as well if not better than all black in a night-time urban environment.

I fail to see how painting it black, or chartreuse, for that matter, would reduce the heat signature anyway Anything looking into the infra red or ultra violet ranges of the spectrum isn't carrying about what color the object is being viewed. Black absorbs heat from light more than a lighter color, yes, but at night it wouldn't matter much either way.

As far as Keaton being "ripped," I can only say he might be going off of the one moment Keaton is shown swinging from a bar upside down like a bat from Vale's perspective when she wakes up in his bed. If that's Keaton, he's indeed in shape, but as Drazar pointed out when I brought this up a good while ago, it may in fact be a stunt double. It could also be that iamtombadil is just making a joke... Or, perhaps he's insane! Like the rest of the inmates here

I would actually love to know if Keaton was in tip-top shape for the role. Granted, he still isn't going to have huge biceps, or something, but being in great shape enough to look as good as whomever it was hanging upside down from the bar in that one shot would be cool enough

Regardless, Micheal Keaton did an excellent job as an actor, played a great role, which is all that matters at the end of the day.

On the color topic of the suit: if you look above at the pic of Bale in The Dark knight suit, you can see in high-key lighting that the suit actually is decidedly lighter black (a.k.a. gray) than the cape. I think that's as close to black and gray in the suit as you're likely to see.

Originally Posted by The Hylden
    On the color topic of the suit: if you look above at the pic of Bale in The Dark knight suit, you can see in high-key lighting that the suit actually is decidedly lighter black (a.k.a. gray) than the cape. I think that's as close to black and gray in the suit as you're likely to see.
    That applies to both the Nolan suits and the Burton suits. The Nolan suits have a really dark black cape, but they can't get the actual suit very dark because doing that would weaken the material. It really stands out in Begins because the head is so huge. TDK's suit is more consistently darker in the movie though. Even in the interrogation scene it's pretty black. I suspect that the plated construction allowed them to sacrifice durability a bit

With the Burton suits in the right lighting the entire suit looked grey (since they didn't have the uber-dark cape). Batman Returns was especially bad for this.

I can't remember of the Poomaker suits suffered from the same problem. I think the Forever suit was consistently black, and the Batman and Robin suit was blue.