Thread: Help: How to use Cryptographic Sequencer

Help: How to use Cryptographic Sequencer

Help: How to use Cryptographic Sequencer

I play the PC version.

Can any one of you teach me step by step how i can use the Cryptographic Sequencer? its really driving me crazy thanks

I don't know how the PC sets up the controls, but on the PS3 you use the Left and Right sticks. The easy way is to move one stick until the wave in the crypto is biggest, keep that one held, then use the other stick to hone in on the green. So try using one control, then adding in the other. I must say the controller vibrations help a ton with this on PS3.

I'm assuming you know hot to use it to the point that you have Batman whip it out () and kneel to use it?

If so, then all you need to do is press the "A" and "D" keys for Batman's left thumb on the left hand dial of the Cryptograph. He'll rotate his left thumb left, or right, depending on the A, or D. Your right hand presses left and right mouse buttons for Batman's right thumb, to rotate the right dial left or right.

Now, most of the time, from my experience, you don't need to press the "A" and "D" keys as much as the mouse buttons. Basically, though, one knob controls the vertical part of the wave, and once controls the horizontal. You are trying to get the wave as wide in both areas as possible, until the Cryptograph lights up a brighter green and the sound reaches a higher, lasting pitch.

It's been also my experience that this never takes more than a few presses of either two pairs of buttons. It's fun, but very easy, so it would have been nice if it were harder to do. Once you get the power upgrade later, and even before you do, some of the sequences start out already with the graph at the right frequency and it doesn't require you to do anything at all.

If you need to know how to have Batman take out the graph, all you do is press "4" to select the item in his inventory, make sure you are as close to a security box as possible (detected in Detective Mode), or one of Joker's bombs, and press the right mouse button to have the graph's lock on happen, then the left mouse button for Batman to take out the Cryptograph.

"until the Cryptograph lights up a brighter green and the sound reaches a higher, lasting pitch."

I did that. and then? I tried to let it on for like 1 min, but nothing happened. I also tried to let it flash for only 3 times and then release my keyboard or mouse, once again nothing happened.

Help me plz!

The way you can tell that the Cryptograph worked is when you see a small green rectangle at the bottom. You get this when the item has reached the frequency needed to blow up the control panel. Oh and when you get the square wait for a few seconds.

If you've indeed got the frequency where it needs to be, the green lights up a brighter green on the cryptograph, the pitch raises and holds, then zap! The security device blows and sparks shoot everywhere. Batman turns his head to avoid getting sparks in his face

It doesn't take any longer than a second for this to happen. If it's indeed in the brighter green and nothing has happened, then I question whether you are trying to blow a securiy panel, or if you are in front of a Joker bomb? A Joker bomb is yellow with three red lights. You have to do what I said for the cryptograph three times for this device to be deactivated. So, if you've got the graph in the green and you hear the pitch higher and holds, then hear a zap sound, look at the bomb and one of the red lights is now unlit. You have to do the same with the cryptograph to get the wave wider and the screen to brighten, hear the frequency rise again and zap. The second of the three lights is now off on the bomb. Repeat a third time and you have now diffused the Joker bomb.

Otherwise, I don't know what else could be the problem.

thank you so much for all the help The Hylden. I now know how to use Cryptographic Sequencer well. I now is at the stage where i have to save the 2 guards. After I have I deactivated it, the jorker's girlfriend told me I have only 1 min left. I deactivated 2 times again (from the same security panel, coz all other security panels are electricified) and nothing happened. What should I do? Deactivated 3 times in the roll will then rock?

Originally Posted by oliver2005
    thank you so much for all the help The Hylden. I now know how to use Cryptographic Sequencer well. I now is at the stage where i have to save the 2 guards. After I have I deactivated it, the jorker's girlfriend told me I have only 1 min left. I deactivated 2 times again (from the same security panel, coz all other security panels are electricified) and nothing happened. What should I do? Deactivated 3 times in the roll will then rock?
    Ditto. I am up to the same part as you with Harley Quinn & the two guards hanging over eltricfied water. I can get the guards down safely, but when she gives me the 30 seconds to get out of the room, am not too sure were to go from there.. do i deactivate the panels again or the bomb?

Thanks for any help!

No, you have to leave the room before the joker toxin bomb goes off. Go out through the same door you entered through. You have to use the sequencer to open the door first, though.
    --
    Jackie Fiest

Detective Mode should tell you which panel is connected to what door/gate... for that room, its the panel right next to the door that has to be unlocked. Shouldn't take more than a few seconds to open though... don't think I've gotten it open with less than 19 seconds left on the timer.

Yeah, just follow the guards to the door. The panel's to the side. And no problem

The first run through and even the second time through, I got it in my head I needed to run around and find another panel, so I blew the first chance in that area. Haha.

Edit: SPOILER