Thread: Flammen & Citronen ... (Or what if IO makes another 'spiritual successor' game)

Flammen & Citronen ... (Or what if IO makes another 'spiritual successor' game)

Exclamation Flammen & Citronen ... (Or what if IO makes another 'spiritual successor' game)

"Ok what the hell has Grievous got to say now" says the community (i suppose)...

What if ,at the moment ,there isn't going to be a K&L 2 ?...

I mean besides Mini Ninjas ,IO has done four Hitman games and Two third person shooter : Freedom Fighter (2003) and Dead Men (2007)...

Back in 2004 it was announced that a FF sequel was planned ,in 2007 they said it is in IO's "to do list",now it's near 2010 and we have nothing...

Does this sound familiar to you ? Pretty much like Dog Days isn't it ?...
    Ah yes ,unlike Freedom Fighter 2 ,K&L 2 has got a trademark ,that should mean something...
    Then i remembered Rockstar trademarked GTA : Tokyo back in 2003 ,we still haven't seen it yet...

The point is ,a trademark can be acquired years before it is even used ,if ever ...will we ever see K&L 2 ,or is it in IO's "to do list" like FF 2 ?...

Speaking of which , K&L was considered as a spiritual sequel to FF...

So What If this trend continues ?...

I give you ... Flammen & Citronen ...

Exclamation

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF CHEESE is that ?" says the community (i suppose ,again)...

Long story short (because if i tell you the whole story i Might be spoiling)...

"Flammen" and "Citronen" were the codenames given to two men who were part of the Danish resistant group during the second world war...
    These two men were among the most active resistance fighters (meaning they did quite alot of sabotages against the german forces)...

And that's about all i can tell ,this being a non-fictional story you can probably find all kinds of details on the internet and spoil yourself...
    Hell ,they even made a (pretty good) movie based on these two "heroes"...

"Dude ...your point ?" says the community (i hope not)...
    Well , look at it this way :

Freedom Fighter = third person shooting in Hitman + squad base action...
    Dead Men = third person cover based shooter + FF's squad action...

Flammen & Citronen = Hitman's stealth + FF's "resistance" theme + K&L's dual protagonnist + DANISH POWAAAR !!! ...

You need to chill, bro. Seriously, you need to relax for a bit.

Flammen & Citronen?.... Nah, jeg fatter den sku' ikk' helt.

*gets some shot glasses*

It's gonna be long night.

Question

But seriously am i actually the only one excited in this new idea ? ...

*takes out a flask of vodka*

I wouldn't mind killing nazis "Kane and Lynch style".
    I think they should create new original characters and not use "Flammen og Citronen" though.

Once upon a time in nazi occupied Denmark :-)

Freedom Fighters was an awful game, and the Hitman graphics engine that it's built around is uglier than Little Brother's face.

The problem with all these Nazi games is that whenever you make a game with anything World War 2 in it, you're going to alienate a whole lot of fans that aren't into WW2 spin-offs. There are just too many WW2 games out there and 99% of them suck. It's just way too overdone, and there isn't really anything new you can bring to the table.

I'd rather see Eidos invest all their time and effort into making Kane & Lynch 2 the best sequel they can. In a way that Hitman 2 was such a radically amazing game compared to Hitman: Codename 47. They can pull it off, I know they can.

Thumbs Up

I enjoyed World At War a lot because it did something i almost thought i would never see in a video game based on world war II : it showed that war brings the worst in humanity ...sounds awfully cliché but in a video game standpoint it's a rarity ...

IO Interactive could surely deliver a war based drama , especially if its story is only focused on a few simple men fighting against the odds all while struggling for their own humanity ...

Granted ,it's true people are getting sick of games where you just blow up nazis ,but that said ,there's two games this year based on wwII that weren't just another 'war game' : Velvet Assassin and The Saboteur ,and though i doubt these games will be Great , both games haven't really been criticised on being 'yet another nazi genocide game' (unlike Wolfenstein ,where despite the new twist ,some critics see it as just a 'nazi genocide')...

I'm sure you can see my point , but i suppose most fans of IO wants K&L2 and Hitman V before anything else ...

I'm not saying that they won't release a new Freedom Fighters *someday* but I think at the present moment that have a lot of projects on their plate. They've got Hitman 5 and Kane & Lynch 2 which are gonna be the big releases. I hate to say it, but Hitman has much more of a following than any of their other franchises. Hitman is extremely popular and has a reputation for being one of the best assassination games ever made.

However I recently got the Hitman Trilogy on Steam and I've realized that the gun physics on Kane & Lynch (as bad as they are) are actually better than Hitman Blood Money. Kane & Lynch does a lot of things right, and I assume that Hitman is going to take a nod from this.

Sigh: Lines up three shots of tequila

You see IO when you give people no news for long time

Downs shot 1

They go crazy

Downs shot 2

and their mind creates all sorts of insane stuff

Downs shot 3

Seriously though, i'd like a war game with the kane and lynch engine, just set it vietnam, cause the engine handles jungles really well, and i hate WWII games so much, just make it multiplayer only, and downloadable, see IO hire me, i'm full of great ideas

seriously though, bring out a trailer

Anybody got more tequilla, i'm all out 'sigh'
    PSN: Doktor Klown
    Slaughter is the best medicine

all I got is Jack Daniels...

Thumbs Down

Whatcha all drinking those sissy drinks for ? huh ? i can't be the only man in here who drinks fresh , pure , clean water ? am i ? ...

*drinks up a whole flask of vodka*

DAMN This water is super duper ! ... whatever that means ...

*stumbles on some poor sap on the floor*

Anywya ... hum ... DANISH POWAAAR FTW !!! ...

*pulls out a six shooter to make some noise *
    *gets spotted by the moderator*
    *gently walking out of the room*

Seriously though ...

*slaps thyself to sober up*

Two things :
    One , my idea is aaaaawwwweeesssume , and if IO won't do it then i'll make this game myself ...
    And Four , at least they didn't say anything about 'exclusivety' yet , otherwise hell will rain down on this forum , and i'll need a bigger sign of "trespassers will be lynched" to keep 'em hoodlums off my mansion ...

(no really , i hope IO will never talk about 'exclusivety' , or 'dlc' for that matter)

it wont be exclusive, that'd just make no sense
    But Dlc may be exclusive, i.e like the dope bag
    It was console exclusive last time, don't know why???

But if M$ or $ony throw enough money at IO they may make exclusive episodes ala GTA4, which would rock, cause we'd get more DLC, but i highly doubt it'd happen, and it'd probably make allot of fans very angry if they missed out cause they only own 1 sytem
    PSN: Doktor Klown
    Slaughter is the best medicine

Arrow

"M$ or $ony" OH I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE LOL ...

Anywya ...
    While the idea of making top quality extra content is bound to please the fans ,putting the word 'exclusive' in it is outright stupid for two reasons...

Three ,for some games the exclusive content only lasts for a few months (think of Fallout 3) and while it's true that in the end everybody can obtain the DLCs ,it's still ridiculous that a large number of fans have to Wait for the extra content...

And Seven ,for other games their exclusive DLCs might just exclusive forever (The Episodes from Liberty City is precisely what i am thinking about),sure ,you could say i'm 'whining' about this because i own the console that doesn't have the DLCs ,but think about this ,why do we have to buy another console Just For One Game ? why do they have to split the fan community in two ,arguing all day about which is the "true fan" of said game instead of having meaningful discussions ?...

'Exclusive' is a word that IO shouldn't know ...