View Poll Results: Freddy or Scarecrow

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • SCARECROW (at the end of fear... OBLIVION)

25 48.08%
  • FREDDY (9,10.... never sleep again)

21 40.38%
  • TIE

6 11.54%

Thread: SCARECROW vs FREDDY

SCARECROW vs FREDDY

All i can say is look at the scarecrow game play parts? Any normal person might freak out dont ya think???
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

Originally Posted by Drazar
    I don't really like the 2nd but 1 and 3 are REALLY great.
    Those were my favourites as well! Guess it's true, great minds really do think alike. Or is it "fools seldom differ" in our case?

"What's the matter Joey? Cat got your... TONGUE?!"

Originally Posted by Vexta

LOL! I hated the 2nd one to it was annoying that Freddy come into the human world from him. I loved the 4th one dream warriors where the kids arms got strung up like a puppet and he controlled him. Best kill IMO.
    That was one of my favourite kills, but I also liked "Welcome to prime time, b*tch!". Both were the 3rd movie, the 4th was about the kids after they get out of the mental hospital (and wasn't very good). I didn't like the second one either. I liked the concept of Freddy coming into the real world, but the execution was pretty poor, the deaths pretty much sucked, the whole movie was just, meh. But remember Craven never wanted it to be an ongoing series, hence he refused to have any involvement with the sequel.

Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead
    I liked the one where Freddy crossed over into our world and started stalking the actress who played his enemy in the films. I don't remember the details of the plot very well, but that was a great concept for a horror movie.
    Wes Craven's New Nightmare. I enjoyed that one as well. It got slated by lots of hardcore Freddy fans, but it was way better than parts 4 through 7. I liked the earthquake scene where four cracks appear in the wall side by side, like claw marks. I really didn't like the new look glove for that one though, although the new make-up was pretty cool (still prefer the original "pizza-face" look though. The small clip you see of Freddy's face in the trailer for the new one looks a little disappointing. When they said "more like a real burn victim" I was expecting something like the burned half of Harvey Dent's face in TDK, which woulda been nice...

Jason killed Freddy, so so can Scarecrow.

Originally Posted by Revenant36
    The small clip you see of Freddy's face in the trailer for the new one looks a little disappointing. When they said "more like a real burn victim" I was expecting something like the burned half of Harvey Dent's face in TDK, which woulda been nice...
    Well Two-Face from TDK was a lot more skull-like. It didn't really look like a burn victim as much as a guy with a lot of his flesh removed as well as his skin. It wasn't particularly scary looking, and thus I couldn't see it being the face of Freddy.

But I like the new look they're going with, especially the idea that since his lips burned off his voice is messed up. He looks a bit like Mason Verger from Hannibal, based on what we've seen.

Hard to say what's Freddy's fear? and if anything Scarecrow could have his fear gas enter a room where Freddy is and watch to see what Freddy's deepest darkest fears are..if he even has anyfor all we know (or as far as i know) Freddy doesn't have a fear so Scarecrow's gas may do nothing to him and then once Scarecrow falls asleep then it's over Freddy could go into his dream and Scarecrow could dream and be simple Dr. Jonathan Crane without any of his fear toxin's making him a helpless target for Freddy thus Freddy would win..But it all depends on if Freddy has any fears otherwise Scarecrow wins making Freddy go insane and becoming a former shell of a man also making him easy prey to either kill or tortue him til he was as insane as the lunatics are in Batman: AA
    "Oooo whatcha sneakin' with ya Bats?..Oh c'mon tell me, tell me..Batarangs?..Batclaws?..Ooo Batsnacks"

Scarecrow would gas him immediately and Freddy dies of a gas attack.

In order to gas Freddy Scarecrow would have to bring him into the real world. And to do that he would have to dream about Freddy, grab ahold of him and hold on while he wakes up. That means that at one point Scarecrow would have to deal with Freddy's dream world, and Freddy would pretty much destroy Scarecrow and mutilate his ass.

Even if Scarecrow succeeds (despite having no way of knowing how to beat Freddy), Freddy is still a pretty durable foe and is shown to have some reality warping power even in the real world. Also, if he dies he just comes back in the dreams again. The only way to beat Freddy is to forget about him, which destroys his power.

Plus, I am pretty sure that gas isn't going to do squat on Freddy. A mass-murderer that's become a nigh-indestructible demon in hell has fears that fear gas will bring out?

No. Look at Jason vs. Freddy, btw.
    Supernatural nightmare-controling demon that harvests souls to his own personal area of hell would rip Crane's body and soul to shreds. A psychotic mortal human being with a little bit of gas that affects other living human beings' brains a little up against that is laughable.

Also concerning the gas... does Freddy even breath?

should i make another versus thread... hmm... but who... jason and zsaz maybe? or how bout hugo strange vs dr. house?
    An Artist of Artistic Art

Originally Posted by butterskenny
    Jason killed Freddy, so so can Scarecrow.
    Jason is more than a mere human.

Plus, if you even watched Freddy vs Jason, Freddy's head winks at the camera, showing that he's not dead. Freddy can't be defeated permanently in any physical way.

Judgeing from the new Nightmare on Elms street and the Arkham Asylum GOTY trailer (especially the end part) I still say Scarecrow beats Freddy

doesnt mean much, but scarecow does not fear anything at all, nothing, well, nothing but the batman, but freddy still wins lol

Originally Posted by Bat_Fan
    doesnt mean much, but scarecow does not fear anything at all, nothing, well, nothing but the batman, but freddy still wins lol
    Naw! Scarecrow by a long shot!

Here's my layout of the battle. (Going by Scarecrow's looks in the game)

Freddy: I believe I've found my home away from home in Gotham. Now let's see who's mind I can invade and kill next. Hey its a skinny goth!

Scarecrow: Fool, I am the Scarecrow and I will make your worst fears come to life! Wait, where's my gas?

Freddy: It's a dream, genius. I can make it dissapear. Well, since you're not a.....did you steal my glove design?

Scarecrow: Well, er, you're glove isn't very original I mean---

Freddy: THAT IS COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT AND YOU HAVE TO PAY ME $1,000 BY FRIDAY, YOU GOT THAT?!

2 weeks later.

Freddy: You have not paid!

Scarecrow: You know how hard it is to scrounge up money?! I mean with Batman around-

Batman: Did somebody call my name?

Scarecrow: WHY DOES EVERYONE KEEP INTERUUPTING ME? Oh hey, Bats. Bats?

Batman: Good night Scarecrow. And you too Kreuger.

BIFF!

POW!

BAM!

Minutes later

Dr. Destiny: Hi, guys, sorry I'm late I....where is everybody? I heard there was a convention for dream villains at Scarecrow's head and....

BLAM!

Batman: Don't think I'd forget you.
    HELP THE CAUSE! DONATE TO THE CHURCH OF RAZOR

Oh Identity Crisis reference lol.

Scarecrow with the Yellow Lantern ring vs. Freddy would be awesome, since Scarecrow created flying monkies from Wizard of Oz!

Originally Posted by Batman The Sequel Hunter
    Judgeing from the new Nightmare on Elms street and the Arkham Asylum GOTY trailer (especially the end part) I still say Scarecrow beats Freddy
    How would a trailer make you think something when you've played through the actual game?

And there is no way for Scarecrow to win. There just isn't.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

Man, I thought that was made clear like five months ago...

Unless we "[did] The Timewarp agaaaaaain!!"

Scarecrow is in control of dreams as well why else would you get NightMare Achievements?

When has Scarecrow ever controlled a nightmare? If you're referring to the fear gas segments in the game he has no control. Everything there is happening in Batman's head thanks to the influence of drugs. Scarecrow can't see whats going on.

Scarecrow = Mortal human
    Freddy Krueger = Immortal Monster
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

Originally Posted by Batman The Sequel Hunter
    Scarecrow is in control of dreams as well why else would you get NightMare Achievements?
    He doesn't control dreams. His gas can make the person dream about their worst nightmare... Which doesn't kill you.

Muhuhahahaha! Get a little Fred in you're head Crane!
    Freddy FTW!
    I killed Jason Todd and all i got was this lousy t-shirt.

Originally Posted by Drazar
    He doesn't control dreams. His gas can make the person dream about their worst nightmare... Which doesn't kill you.
    Plus, it's the toxin that's doing this to you. It's actually amusing, but all of the Scarecrow elements you see, with him gigantic and all of that, is simply inside Batman's own brain. Crane isn't even there... Or, if he actually is, physically, it's Batman's frazzled mind that's making the rest up. Everything we experience as Batman in these sequences, essentially, isn't happening. Whereas, Freddy is terribly real and turns our worst nightmare into actual, physical reality. We die in the dream, we die for real. And Freddy's the one who kills us and takes our soul into him for all eternity to leach power from (another tier of how horrid the end is and how demonstrative Freddy, as a being, is). But, Freddy is also immortal and lethal if brought into the physical world. An undead, unkillable entity against a psychotic professor with a fear toxin that works on living human anatomy is NO CONTEST Sorry, but I doubt even Batman would be able to defeat Freddy for good (gasp! He said it!! )

Oh, and I can see an actuality that the fear toxin, however, could cause such fear that one's heart would overload and go into cardiac arrest, thus killing the one subjected to it. It would still be the toxin, not the man (Scarecrow/Crane), that kills the person infected with it.

Since Freddy is a supernatural enemy, is this really a discussion?
    Whatever happened to the American dream? It came true, you're looking at it .

Part A:Freddy,Just cause I like Jackie Earle Haley.
    Part B:The real question is what would happen if the Scarecrow had Freddy's power?
    signature image

Page 3 of 4 First First 1234 Last