Thread: Issues with Installation - Install grayed out

Issues with Installation - Install grayed out

Issues with Installation - Install grayed out

Hello,

Would anyone be able to help me with an issue I am having installing this game?

1. Installed game but it hung up 1/2 way through the installer.
    2. Had to "End Program" - restarted PC
    3. Deleted the Eidos folder under C:\Programs\Eidos
    4. Deleted temp directories
    5. The game doesn't show up in my Programs List and the install button button is grayed out.

I am running Windows Vista Professional and meet or exceed all the requirements for the game. Any help would be much appreciated.

if thats the case
    ud have to open up regedit and delete any registry entry thats related to batman arkham asylum.
    thats the only way u can tell ur pc that the game is not in it so the install button will not be greyd out

You shoulda done the Uninstall, rather than just delete it.
    Try regedit.
    Hit Start..
    Then Run..
    Type regedit.
    Be careful here, you could do some damage to your computer.
    Search for Eidos, work out what belongs to Batman and delete it..
    That should fix it.

NOTE: Before making any changes to your registry, make a backup copy first!

Run regedit
    (Start->Run-><type in "regedit", without the quotes>)

FIRST!
    File -> Export
    Save it! (default will put it in "My Documents")

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Delete "Eidos Interacive Limited"

You might have to restart your computer. I'd suggest doing that anyway.

Try reinstalling after that.

I also suggest using Revo Uninstaller. Not only does it uninstall programs, but it will take out registry entries and scan your computer for leftover files left by the program.

http://premium.fileden.com/premium/2.../revosetup.rar

OK thanks for the notes, I will try to remove the registry information and see if that helps.

I couldn't uninstall the application because it was hung on the install and didn't show up in the add/remove programs after I rebooted. I will let you know if this helps.

Thanks

Actually, he's what I recommend.

Go into the disk, you'll see installs for various languages. Find the English one, open that folder, then choose the setup/install file. Let it START, then immediately hit cancel. This will have the game itself remove the registry files. Then just delete any leftover install files and next time you put in the disk you'll see the install option.

No registry digging.

Originally Posted by tenth8sphere
    Actually, he's what I recommend.

Go into the disk, you'll see installs for various languages. Find the English one, open that folder, then choose the setup/install file. Let it START, then immediately hit cancel. This will have the game itself remove the registry files. Then just delete any leftover install files and next time you put in the disk you'll see the install option.

No registry digging.
    This didn't work, but i did delete everything out of the registry and it let me reinstall it. However, the freaking game keeps locking up on the install at various points, I never have this problem with games on my PC.

Any suggestions on making it install properly? I updated my video drivers and disabled all AV and Daemon Utilities etc...

check ur disc for scratches.
    and also try to use a different dvd-rom to install it, and install it in a different partition.

cause u said that the installation keeps locking up at various points.
    not just one same point.
    sounds to me like ur dvd-rom isnt reading the disc properly.

you also have to delete the reg key listed as rocksteady, i erased the eidos, didn't work, then i found rocksteady, deleted, and its no longer greyed out

Smile here is solution (for windows 8 and windows 10 users)

i am using windows 10 64-bit OS
    in windows 10 the registry location is

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Wow6432Node >>

now delete these two keys

1."Eidos pvt limited"
    2. "RocksteadyLtd"

thank u