Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Question on Victor Zsasz

Question on Victor Zsasz

Question on Victor Zsasz

How come, in earlier appearances, like kinghtfall he is white with blond hair, but now seems to be Hispanic, African American and bald?

Aside from being bald where exactly have you seen him portrayed as Hispanic and/or African American?

He looks really dark.

Let me clarify. What media are you referring to? In the movies? In this particular game? A recent comic you've read? Where?

Calm down Harris.

The character in the game indeed looks either hispanic, african american or malato.

Characters will look different depending upon who is doing the artwork though. I for one want to make the statement here that I am so glad they chose just the black bat symbol on Batman's chest rather than the yellow bordered bat symbol. I never liked that style.
    `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
    `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'

I don't think in the game Zsasz has any features that could imply he is anything, your opinions on race aside. He has like 200 tally marks on his body, & he doesn't look healthy. He also had hugely exaggerated psychotic eyes in the comics (at least in Knightfall), but the writers or developers went more for a combination of comic book Zsasz & Batman Begins Zsasz. At least that is what it looks like to me.

Asylums aren't exactly the most sanitary of places. He just has darker skin for being a bit dirty with all that grime and dirt in Arkham.

Originally Posted by iamtombombadil
    Calm down Harris.

The character in the game indeed looks either hispanic, african american or malato.

Characters will look different depending upon who is doing the artwork though. I for one want to make the statement here that I am so glad they chose just the black bat symbol on Batman's chest rather than the yellow bordered bat symbol. I never liked that style.
    Calm down? I was simply attempting to get a bead on exactly which Zsasz he was referring to so I could give an accurate reply to his question. Zsasz has appeared in other places, not just Batman: Arkham Asylum.

hmm well first what kinda name is zsasz?find that out and you'll proally figure it out.....i always thought zsasz sounded middle easter so i thought he was like armenian

Originally Posted by lukeob94
    hmm well first what kinda name is zsasz?find that out and you'll proally figure it out.....i always thought zsasz sounded middle easter so i thought he was like armenian
    His first name is Victor, and when I think of the name Victor I think of Cuba. Maybe he's Cuban?

Rocksteady have free reign over the characters.
    If they feel like portraying him bald etc, they can.
    It's their game, it's their model.

I think Victor Zsasz became bald sometime during 2000-2005 infact i could dare to almost claim that they took some inspiratiom from the Nolan movie, but i'm sure i'm false on that matter.

Originally Posted by KillerCroc
    His first name is Victor, and when I think of the name Victor I think of Cuba. Maybe he's Cuban?
    yes but zsasz is not a cuban last name.

a cuban last name would be latin like a mexican or puerto rican name.....
    although he does look a lil latin to me(not very latin person meets the sterotypical short,dumpy,brown stero type.....i'm mexican ,5'10 and white as snowz)

ex)rodriguez,diaz,guiterrez,maldonado,espinosa,colon,bosora,jiminez.

lol does that make mr.freeze cuban?

Victor Zsasz sounds eastern european, Polish or Russian. Having not seen seen any other Zsasz' I think he looks like a russian, pole, etc or a pale hispanic.

He looks pale naturally but given he lives in Arkham currently and carves up the people he 'saves' I dont think washing is going to be high on his priority, nor is sunblock.
    But Zsasz could be african also. He might be a afrikans.
    Zsasz could be dutch, eastern european, hispanic, african,

Whatever, he is interesting.
    Victory Goes To The Bold And The Wise

yes but zsasz is not a cuban last name.

a cuban last name would be latin like a mexican or puerto rican name.....
    although he does look a lil latin to me(not very latin person meets the sterotypical short,dumpy,brown stero type.....i'm mexican ,5'10 and white as snowz)

ex)rodriguez,diaz,guiterrez,maldonado,espinosa,colon,bosora,jiminez.

lol does that make mr.freeze cuban?
    Um...what nationality you are isn't determined by your last name. Names can get changed, and other nationality-based last names can be lost due to marriage. So in other words, my money is still on the fact that he might be Cuban.

I don't think Victor is a cuban name..
    I think he's american like almost all of the other batman villans although apparently Zsasz is derived from Thomas Szasz who was hungarian, so perhaps he was hungarian?

Um...what nationality you are isn't determined by your last name. Names can get changed, and other nationality-based last names can be lost due to marriage. So in other words, my money is still on the fact that he might be Cuban.
    mhhm because there are so many cuban smiths,johnsons,roberts,fields,jenkins,

What are you basing his Cuban nationality on other than the name Victor? Is Mr Freeze Cuban too?

By Neptune's beard! Are you debating where Zsasz is coming from? =P

Okay fact time! Alan Grant mentions in the "Batman: The Last Arkham" Trade Book (Graphical Novel) that Zsasz name comes from the psychiatrist Thomas Szasz. So really it was just a cool name of a psychiatrist that Alan Grant decided to draw inspiration from.

Now Victor is blond haired (when he had hair) and he was colored as a white person. So whenever or not he was European or American is up to debate, but it shouldn't really matter now should it? =p I don't think he had darker skin in the game, it might just be the player's gamma light or however you call it. >_> He did look sleepless tho lol.

mhhm because there are so many cuban smiths,johnsons,roberts,fields,jenkins,
    For one, sterotype much. Second, yes, what if he is part Cuban? Just because you are a little but Cuban doesn't mean you need to have an all Cuban last name.
    Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    What are you basing his Cuban nationality on other than the name Victor? Is Mr Freeze Cuban too?
    His skin color looked a bit tan to me, so I assumed he was Cuban. And the Victor part. Is that wrong? People were calling him Middle-Eastern, so why can't I give my 2 cents?

Originally Posted by Drazar
    By Neptune's beard! Are you debating where Zsasz is coming from? =P

Okay fact time! Alan Grant mentions in the "Batman: The Last Arkham" Trade Book (Graphical Novel) that Zsasz name comes from the psychiatrist Thomas Szasz. So really it was just a cool name of a psychiatrist that Alan Grant decided to draw inspiration from.

Now Victor is blond haired (when he had hair) and he was colored as a white person. So whenever or not he was European or American is up to debate, but it shouldn't really matter now should it? =p I don't think he had darker skin in the game, it might just be the player's gamma light or however you call it. >_> He did look sleepless tho lol.
    I always had a feeling Zsasz's name came from Thomas Szasz

His skin color looked a bit tan to me, so I assumed he was Cuban. And the Victor part. Is that wrong? People were calling him Middle-Eastern, so why can't I give my 2 cents? [/QUOTE]

lol your stereo typing here.....not all cubans are tan very many are light skinned

there is very much a skin tone variation in latin american countries due to different settlers and slaves and antive people.

some cubans are likely to have coarser kinkier hair from some african ancestory and be very dark

others may look very native and have tan skin and straight dark hair and have a more pure native bloodline

and some are very pale with with lighter hair and eyes
    from spaniard ancestory

and of course some cubans have all these traits mixed

ansd also be realsitic sterotypes may not be true indivdually but usually for a group there decently accurate especially in this case it's not like i'm saying anything absurd.

He isnt afrocan american! (pun intended)

P.S. im am so its not racist
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

He's white. Look at the ingame profile pic and bio...

He could be albino....

Page 1 of 2 12 Last