Thread: Graphic Corruption Problems - Nvidia 8800 GT

Graphic Corruption Problems - Nvidia 8800 GT

Question Graphic Corruption Problems - Nvidia 8800 GT

First off where is the search function on this forum? If it lacks one
    I also find it disappointing that the only time I register for these forums is when the game is buggy.

I sent the following to support@eidosinteractive.com as is noted in the readme for the game. Their server promptly spit it back in my face
    "Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 No relaying allowed - psmtp (state 14)."

I digress, onto my quarrel
    -------
    After the mission to save the three doctors my graphics appear as follows:
    - textures turn black,
    - objects do not draw, e.g. people's heads
    - and the framerate drops significantly.
    - The game does not crash.

I have the most updated drivers for my card.
    Set-up:
    Nvidia 8800 GT
    Intel Core Duo E8400
    4GB DDR RAM

I'm not trying to use PhysX
    I have installed 1.1.
    My graphics are fine in Crysis (other game).
    I have tried different video settings with no change.

Your timely reply is appreciated.

Remove your graphics card driver, use driver sweeper (google it) and install the latest beta available.

I have the same graphics card and I don't experience any problem at all.

Search is at the top bar, between where it says `Welcome, you` and Eidos forums\current games\batman etc

You dont say which driver version you are running.. definitely try and get the latest drivers, also make sure your card is really well cooled..
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

I had some bizzare corruption too in the room with the teddy bear (Where you could see Harley through the glass).

When I entered the room, all was fine. Then walking towards the glass a massive black diagonal plane that spanned from one cornet of the room to the other - completely cutting it in half. I could walk through it, but couldn't see through it.

In the corner of the room was a grate. After climbing into that, more black planes appeard until I couldn't see what I was doing.

After quiting the game back to the menu and starting again, the corruption was gone and I have not seen it since.

I have also seen a lot of floating leaves/paper in certain places.

Originally Posted by FlakMagnet
    I had some bizzare corruption too in the room with the teddy bear (Where you could see Harley through the glass).

When I entered the room, all was fine. Then walking towards the glass a massive black diagonal plane that spanned from one cornet of the room to the other - completely cutting it in half. I could walk through it, but couldn't see through it.

In the corner of the room was a grate. After climbing into that, more black planes appeard until I couldn't see what I was doing.

After quiting the game back to the menu and starting again, the corruption was gone and I have not seen it since.

I have also seen a lot of floating leaves/paper in certain places.
    same problem here

Graphic corruption like this unfortunately normal points to older drivers, BUT if you have definitely got the latest drivers then its down to the GPU itself struggling to render the graphics, ie a hardware fault. Usually its just caused by heat so goes away.

I'm currently using the 190.62 WHQL drivers from nVidia, and the corruption was only in that one place - really strange.

I also run EVEREST Ultimate to keep an eye on temps. etc. when I'm gaming (temps are displayed on G15 LCD - very useful ). The max. temp. my GPU gets to is about 82 deg. while gaming, and the other GPU-related temps. are lower than this, so not sure if that's the cause. I don't get any corruption in other titles, or in the rest of the BAA locations, so maybe it's a map bug in that area?

Really not a big issue though as I'm past that location now

I used to get strange corruption when looking at 1 angle in Tombraider, but couldnt repeat anywhere else on any other hardware i have here. Even on another identical setup couldnt get it.. so it was just one of those `anomalies` pc gaming seems to throw at people.

Sounds good to me Being a software engineer, I know these things happen, and it's just too difficult to track it down.

Dropping back to the menu and starting again fixed it anyway, so no biggy really.

Fantastic game by the way - really loving it as others are! Only 49% complete and can't wait to play on. Best game for years IMHO.

I use 8800GT, and the latest drivers. I'm running with Physx High, Anti Aliasing 4x (Not using 16xq because my processor is Pentium 4 3.00 Ghz) I haven't had any sort of corruption. I know it'd be hard for people to believe but 8800GT is one hell of a beast considering the fact that I got everything on max settings with just this processor. Windows 7 optimization support on this game would be nice though. Anyways back to the point, no corruption here.

Originally Posted by The Coca Cola Company
    and install the latest beta available.

I have the same graphics card and I don't experience any problem at all.
    By the way, is there any beta driver available for Nvidia after 190.62 WHQL? Or which beta are you talking about

Originally Posted by onikrulz
    I use 8800GT, and the latest drivers. I'm running with Physx High, Anti Aliasing 4x (Not using 16xq because my processor is Pentium 4 3.00 Ghz) I haven't had any sort of corruption. I know it'd be hard for people to believe but 8800GT is one hell of a beast considering the fact that I got everything on max settings with just this processor. Windows 7 optimization support on this game would be nice though. Anyways back to the point, no corruption here.
    Resolution?????
    Forceware 191.00 Beta you pick up at Guru3d.com

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    Search is at the top bar, between where it says `Welcome, you` and Eidos forums\current games\batman etc
    you have to sign up to the forum before it appears

I've been running the 191.00s, gave me a pretty significant boost with high PhysX (minimum fps went from the low twenties to 35). Haven't had any issues with them in other games either.

I uninstalled my driver and reinstalled the same one (190.63) from nvidia website.
    I've gotten past the previous corruption point, here's hoping it will hold on.
    Thanks for your help all.

1280x1024 res, my 17" phillips flat screen supports up to that res.

Originally Posted by deders
    you have to sign up to the forum before it appears
    but surely u have to sign up to post? so to be asking means have signed up?

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    but surely u have to sign up to post? so to be asking means have signed up?
    yes but, it just makes it harder to find what you want, which probably increases the amount of threads with the same problem. once you've decided to sign up to post your own thread because you don't think there's a search button and you don't have the time to search through hundreds of others for your specific problem, you may not realise that there is now a search button. just a thought