Thread: What should my AVG FPS be?

What should my AVG FPS be?

What should my AVG FPS be?

I am using a core i7920 with a GTX295.
    I am also usibg latest drivers and playing at 1920x1200 with all settings on highest except for PHYSX on normal and AO off.
    What should my FPS be on average as even on these settings the PHYSX is giving me bad lag.

A fellow with a GTX 280 had an average of 170 fps without PhysX enabled. You should have something well above or at least around that. He reported that using the latest drivers PhysX also gave him performance problems. Try re-installing your graphics drivers. If that doesn't work see if you can revert to the previous drivers for your card, see if that helps any.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

I am now getting MIN: 34 MAX: 81 AVG: 61
    Playing at 1920x1200 with everything max except for 2XMSAA, AO off and PHYX normal.
    This seem ok?

have you tried disabling SLI so the cores on you 295 run seperately? Nvidia's drivers still aren't very well optimised for physx in SLI, it runs smoother and you get more operations per second when SLI is off. at least I do (2x 9800gtx+'s in case you were wondering) I even get lower perfomance with SLI enabled and single card is selected in the control panel (as opposed to AFR or SFR) so its might be better for you to disable SLI completely when playing games that have a lot of physx.

Originally Posted by Mr. K
    A fellow with a GTX 280 had an average of 170 fps without PhysX enabled. You should have something well above or at least around that. He reported that using the latest drivers PhysX also gave him performance problems. Try re-installing your graphics drivers. If that doesn't work see if you can revert to the previous drivers for your card, see if that helps any.
    no way in hell is he averaging 170fps on very high settings at any decent res. thats over twice what I can get with a gtx260 if that is at 1920.

here even the better gtx285 is getting 126 fps at just 1280 with physx off. http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,6...ideo/Practice/

According to that website you will be getting with a core i7 and gtx285 the exact frame rates as me if you have physx on high and i have them off.

I get 25min, avg 49 in that benchmark, same res and settings (e6600 2core, 8800gts 640mb, stock).

Originally Posted by pleomax
    According to that website you will be getting with a core i7 and gtx285 the exact frame rates as me if you have physx on high and i have them off.

I get 25min, avg 49 in that benchmark, same res and settings (e6600 2core, 8800gts 640mb, stock).
    well yeah. that system is well over twice as strong as yours.