Thread: Eliminating all the soldiers

Eliminating all the soldiers

Eliminating all the soldiers

Just wondering about something, and this place is really empty and silent, so I thought a little conversation wouldn't mind.

In how many levels have (did) you eliminate(d) the whole enemy squad on the map.
    I know in some missions it's essential e.g. the 3 of the last 4 in Central Europe ( the last one impossible, as you won't have enough time to do it if I remember correctly), but in some it's very interesting to do despite not being at all essential.
    I thought of this as I just managed to do it in the first mission of Central Europe. I don't know if it is a very big thing, but it felt really good to be able to do it (except for the armored vehicle blocking the road).
    Also in the second mission of CE it is quite easy to do as well.

Then in Normandy again all three aren't very difficult.
    And then in the Stalingrad campaign, I haven't even tried to do it in the first mission, but in the next two it's quite easy. In the last mission there it is interesting as you have to do it twice (Before, and after the General arrives). Before, just getting rid of everyone, and then after the General arrives, most of the new enemies go into one of the rooms in the building where the General then will go, that I found out when I last played through.

I know this is quite a useless topic but I'm a bit bored .

Just your thoughts. I thought it was very exciting to do this as the previous two times I completed the game, I didn't kill/KO all the enemies. It now kinda felt like C2 and trying to get 5 stars on Enemies eliminated (which wasn't very difficult there).

Any thoughts about this from you?

yeah, i really enjoyed messing around c2 maps, neutralizing all the enemies, without killing if it's possible. rewarding the efforts with some extra stars, and the good feeling to be able to this is fine.

oohraah!

c3 doesn't really support this.
    let's walk through the c3 missions:

01. basic training: can do
    02. advanced training: can do

03. eliminate the sinper: used to kill only 1 guy
    04. protect general o'donnell: can do
    05. kill the traitor: can do (however only through bugs)

06. infiltrate the staion: can't do (at the gate there are so many well placed soldiers, used to bypass them)
    07. board the train: can do
    08. stop bomb deployment: can do, but have to kill everyone, it's like a rambo mission :S
    09. get to the engine: can do
    10. take control of the town: can do
    11. ambush the convoy: there will remain some soldiers anyway as far as i remember

12. cripple nazi support: can do (however time triggers make it difficult)
    13. destroy the warships: can do
    14: storm the beach: can do

Nice Picture BTW. .

And to the 1st mission in CE, yea it was very difficult, but with like idiotic ways it became possible. Just put a body inside an enemy's line of sight with the thief and quickly run away, and then punch the enemy who comes to free the poor little fella on the ground.
    Just felt really stupid, but I couldn't find another way for the last guys at the gate.

And to the "Ambush the convoy" it is possible to eliminate all the soldiers (as I proudly did it a few minutes ago while playing through C3 for the 3rd or 4th time). The mission won't end unless you kill all the advancing (!) troops. For me on this occasion, two soldiers just stood there doing nothing. One looked through the front gate, but just stood there, and the other one funnily enough faced a wall beside the well. So, I took the sniper and gathered as much ammo as I could from the dead snipers and killed all the remaining "normal" enemies (in the bottom corners of the map). mostly with the sniper, but it is possible to do it in many ways (as you can in Commandos). I killed all the "normal" soldiers, and then I took Green Beret and went from the left opening (the one where there were 50 enemies looking at one soldier exercising in the mission before) and knifed the two remaining "advancing soldiers" for the "ultimate showdown". Yea, it was quite nice.

But yes, I think you have to get this kind of glitch to be able to do it.

03. eliminate the sinper: used to kill only 1 guy
    Well... if I recall correctly, there are other Germans in this mission apart from the enemy sniper.
    I took them out prior of engaging the enemy sniper... so it is possible.
    IIRC.

Iakovos
    "May the Lords of Light wish you well"

Newsflash Editor (Commandos Tactics)
    Dropzone's Second In command (after the Boss, Jim Morris)
    www.strategyplanet.com/commandos/

Originally Posted by iakovos
    Well... if I recall correctly, there are other Germans in this mission apart from the enemy sniper.
    I took them out prior of engaging the enemy sniper... so it is possible.
    IIRC.

Iakovos
    of course it's possible, but i don't want that sniper to take out my good russian comrades
    however, if i can't command them, maybe i shouldn't take care about them...

Exclamation

Well, its a fight of wits... move as soon as possible to take out the enemy before they take out you

Besides, the Russians do not stick around in the following mission, since you do not control them.

Iakovos

good brother
    now in the castle colditz do this and gave the uniforms to all prisinors

Originally Posted by sunny-945
    good brother
    now in the castle colditz do this and gave the uniforms to all prisinors
    I actually did this yesterday. It is not at all hard, even on very hard. Just the correct use of the Spy's distraction and cigarettes and it is all very easy. And search every buliding and evey room and you find all the prisoners. And I didn't kill anyone, just KO'd them. As I said not very difficult. Regrettably I only got 4 stars for the mission as I only got 4 stars from visited areas which took the whole score down to 4, which I thought was quite rude.
    Now to a tricky one (OT). Has anyone ever gotten 5 stars in every category in Saving Private Smith in C2 if collecting all the bonus books. I mean, I've almost knocked down every man in the first part of the mission, and still only 1 star every time for opponents "not killed or shot". I always end up witha score of overall 3 or 2 in that mission, whereas in every other map I get 4 every time (due to mission time being between 1-3, except now for the colditz, which was doen in 2h 45 min and still 5 stars?)

well, if you collect all the bonus books there, it means, that you're allowed to move on to the invasion part, and there come those dozens of german soldiers that run into the muzzle fire of your allied soldiers or into the fragments of grenades, etc, and i'm afraid, it's counted. i don't suppose it's possible to knock out the running jerries one by one :S
    so if you want more stars, leave the last bonus book on it's place for a while

btw colditz is not very difficult, as you mentioned, and in c2 there isn't a single difficult mission, it's possible everywhere to neutralize enemies without killing or shooting, if you're ready to sacrifice the 5 stars for mission time. i usually have at most 3-4 stars for time, i just like to enjoy plan and execute everything perfectly, and it needs time

Originally Posted by AndrewT
    btw colditz is not very difficult, as you mentioned, and in c2 there isn't a single difficult mission, it's possible everywhere to neutralize enemies without killing or shooting, if you're ready to sacrifice the 5 stars for mission time. i usually have at most 3-4 stars for time, i just like to enjoy plan and execute everything perfectly, and it needs time
    Exactly, right on the point.

But killing is all the fun in the game, IMHO

Iakovos

Originally Posted by iakovos
    But killing is all the fun in the game, IMHO

Iakovos
    In C3 I did that, cause that felt most right. In C2 however KOing them felt most right. So that's why I love both the games, C2 for the stealth and C3 for the stealth/combat.

that's just nice. i'm sorry to always ask about this, but when will be possible to play C3 missions on C2 without those transparency bugs?

Originally Posted by Nzap
    I actually did this yesterday. It is not at all hard, even on very hard. Just the correct use of the Spy's distraction and cigarettes and it is all very easy. And search every buliding and evey room and you find all the prisoners. And I didn't kill anyone, just KO'd them. As I said not very difficult. Regrettably I only got 4 stars for the mission as I only got 4 stars from visited areas which took the whole score down to 4, which I thought was quite rude.
    Now to a tricky one (OT). Has anyone ever gotten 5 stars in every category in Saving Private Smith in C2 if collecting all the bonus books. I mean, I've almost knocked down every man in the first part of the mission, and still only 1 star every time for opponents "not killed or shot". I always end up witha score of overall 3 or 2 in that mission, whereas in every other map I get 4 every time (due to mission time being between 1-3, except now for the colditz, which was doen in 2h 45 min and still 5 stars?)

i think the difficult mission in the game is saving private smith
    the last msssion is seems easy to me
    i play the whole game in difficult format but it is too much difficult

i think the difficult mission in the game is saving private smith
    the last msssion is seems easy to me
    i play the whole game in difficult format but it is too much difficult
    SPS is a very tough mission if collecting the bonus books to get 5 stars for K.O (otherwise also the hardewst BTW).
    Yes, the last mission is one of the easiest, but also quite long.
    You say you played the game though on very hard, but thought it was too difficult.
    Still you played through it, so it couldn't have been that hard .

^ yup i play the game on hard it is not only the difficult but i say impossible but i play it for 24/7 thats why i succeed in game

brother it is not difficult at all but be on your guard
    actually spy makes the game too much easy

brother it is not difficult at all but be on your guard
    actually spy makes the game too much easy
    Yup, the Spy and the humorously idiotic enemies make it very easy.

I mean C'mon, you can distract and enemy and tell him to go to the other side of the map just by using the distraction and tell him to go somewhere. When he reaches, remove the distraction and go at him and then distract him again. This way you can make him go even further. It's really really easy to beat the missions by only using the Spy, which means that I usually tend to favor other tactics now that I've played it through so many times.

I find it when I'm playing ANY game that the AI usually or ALWAYS does the EXACT same thing. So once you know exactly what will work perfectly you can just do it all totally perfect.
    XZX WAS HERE

that's the kickback of heavily scripted games. NPCs have one or only few specific ways of reacting, which is totally enough for 90% of the casual players, but not for the rest, let's say hardcore players that seek for replayability, and found nothing. i like the Men of War series, as there the enemy units have a bit more freedom in reacting thanks to some randomly generated reacting methods, so if i load back a saved game, tanks come on different routes, soldiers take up defensive positions, mortars firing on different targets, which is really entertaining to deal with. of course that game has also issues, allied soldiers are almost as smart as a saucepot, really.

and it's especially annoying in C3, where you have triggers like in the Elliminate the Sniper mission, you run towards a specific direction, then up the stairs in the house, which makes the enemy sniper follow his own route... or in the Get to the Engine mission, where if you don't kill the certain lieutenant on the flatcar, then the squad resting in the last armored wagon will not exit and rush forward ever, and so on.

Yeah but YOU only have a few "ways of reacting" and it must be "possible". They can't get around that "impossible" factor so they just fill it with computing errors.

It's like when I'm reading something supposedly from a "trusted, educated" source and I see; "And But Or Because ,or ,and ,but ,because" etc. I know they're just trying to fool you because that is HORRIBLE grammar!
    XZX WAS HERE