Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: FFVII Installation Issues

FFVII Installation Issues

So, nobody runing it on windows 8?

When I called to inform them there is an issue they said it must be only me and that their servers are working right.

Call them and let them know it's not just one person. 310-846-0345 Option 3

Anyone know what to do about this. And I see some ppl's threads about a v1.0.6. Mines a v1.0.5.

It's very depressing tp know that a good amount of people have bothered to look at this post, and haven't even considered to provide any feedback whatsoever.

Come on people! I can't be the only one experiencing this problem!

Originally Posted by Yarim
    Hi

I just downloaded and installed final fantasy vii on my Windows 8 PC. I'm having a problem with the game that its not letting me start it. Everything went well in the installation but when I start up the game automatically downloads 2 updates and gets stcuk on the installing updates windows.

I already tried to apply compability with windows xp and 7 and didnt worked.
    Reinstalled the game after uninstalling everything and nothing.
    Removed all firewall and antiviruses and everything of that sort off and it didnt work.

I havent found this specific issue on the forums.
    Any help?
    Hey, I got past the stuck update window in Windows 8 by going into the game folder, and running FF7_Launcher as administrator. Good luck!

I've installed my copy of FF7 on 3 PCs, however one of my PCs went through a reformat recently cause I had gotten a new laptop. I went and installed FF7 on my new laptop so I can take my game with me, however it won't activate on my new laptop. I did the manual activation and it said my code is not valid. Now I read somewhere that there is a limit to how many computers you can install this game on, plus I also read that, in order to remove a computer from the activation list, you have to deactivate the game through the 'run' prompt. How can I deactivate the game on my, already, formatted laptop? It would be a shame if I can't travel with this game as its a good time waster.

Originally Posted by imported_Anthony
    I've installed my copy of FF7 on 3 PCs, however one of my PCs went through a reformat recently cause I had gotten a new laptop. I went and installed FF7 on my new laptop so I can take my game with me, however it won't activate on my new laptop. I did the manual activation and it said my code is not valid. Now I read somewhere that there is a limit to how many computers you can install this game on, plus I also read that, in order to remove a computer from the activation list, you have to deactivate the game through the 'run' prompt. How can I deactivate the game on my, already, formatted laptop? It would be a shame if I can't travel with this game as its a good time waster.
    Wow watch out after you download this game. I can't even get through the activation process and cannot play Final Fantasy 7. After several attempts the game still will not activate. Any ideas? The only good thing is thank goodness the game only costs $9.99 but this is really a big disappointment.

Hello Seth,

Sorry to hear you've had problems with your download of FINAL FANTASY VII. If you still haven't been able to get the game installed we'd first suggest to try re-downloading the software through www.findmyorder.com. Just to confirm, have you ever had the original PC release of FINAL FANTASY VII installed on this machine? If so, please uninstall it as there is a possibility that it could cause problems with the new version.

You might also try running a clean boot on your machine to see if any background programs may be interfering with the launcher. This can be done by holding down the Windows Key on your keyboard and press the letter "R", which will open a run dialog box. Type in "msconfig" and hit ok. Once the System Configuration utility has launched, go to the startup tab. From there choose "Disable all", apply the changes and confirm the reboot of your PC.

Another step to try would be to right click on the executable and select "run as administrator". If the issue persists, we would like you to give us a call at 310-846-0345(Option 3), we are open 9AM-6PM PST Mon-Fri. You could also submit a ticket at support.na.square-enix.com/main.php?la=1... and we can do some more system specific troubleshooting through there.

Thanks!

ok, I bought the game today and Ive been trying to download and install it and Im having issues. I keep getting checksum errors while downloading but it eventually finishes downloading but when i go to install it It hangs up with a corrupt file WM0.BOT and the install never finishes.
    Ive went through the download and install process 4 times now and its the same every time.
    I need help with a non corrupt download and install or info on how to get a refund.
    Thanks

Hello,

I've downloaded FFVII without any issues but when trying to install the game it comes up with an error:

'CRC failed in 'FF7_v1.0.5-1.bin'. File is broken.'

Is there any way round this?

come on, still no help for this?

Ive redownloaded the installer dozens of times and each time I get multiple checksum errors but after clicking ok the download finishes. When i try to install the game i get WM0.BOT corrupt error, everytime. I sent in a support ticket and all they would talk about was no refunds, they offered nor help what so ever.

Installed and registered FF7 remake. When launch screen pops up, the play button does nothing.

Help?

Hi there

the Game was working fine till today. When i tried to start it just tells me FF7_en.exe has stopped working with the following error log:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: FF7_EN.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 00000000
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_4c0d
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 9a130000
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 2055
    Additional Information 1: 4c0d
    Additional Information 2: 4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433
    Additional Information 3: 4c0d
    Additional Information 4: 4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433

Read our privacy statement online:
    go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&c...

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I tried to reinstall it even in an other path but it's not working anymore. Does anyone has an idea? I did all the updates on DirectX etc.

Final Fantasy VII not installing.

So, I just downloaded Final Fantasy VII, I'm super stoked to play it as I haven't played this game in like 10 years and it's one of my all time favorites... EXCEPT when I click the installation icon it eventually brings up "Preferred Language" and I select English. After that, NOTHING HAPPENS! The game will not install or anything... it's driving me crazy, as I'm super excited to play the game so if anyone can help me I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks.

already purchased ff7 2nd pc installation?

I bought ff7 for pc and installed it on my computer at the time now I have a new pc and want to use my bought copy on that pc. Do I need to purchase the game again or how do I get it onto my other pc?

This thread does not belong in the [General Discussion] forum, but in the [FINAL FANTASY VII PC Technical Issues and Support Forum].

[Customer Support] support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?i...

This thread does not belong in the [General Discussion] forum, but in the [FINAL FANTASY VII PC Technical Issues and Support Forum].

[Customer Support] support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?i...

Right,

I bought FF7 about a week ago and when the launcher starts and wants to download and install the latest update it just sits there and says "INSTALLING UPDATES".

I have tried logging a support call and all they have said to me in a WEEK!!! is turn off your AV/Firewall and reboot your Router. Now I work in IT and am insulted at the way my call has been dealt with seeing as I have also stated all what I have tried to fix this.

I have deleted, reinstalled, downloaded a fresh installer, installed in to a different file location, installed to a different drive, turned off antivirus and firewall, tried 2 different internet connections, etc etc.......

Now today I get an email saying that its to do with my University network and I should speak to my Administrator, where they got this from I don’t know. I am a senior IT Technician for one of the biggest Opera Houses in London, and I am the Administrator and I just have a standard Router at home.

The Launcher seems to download the updates fine, 2 of them it downloads. But then just sits there saying "INSTALLING UPDATES" "PLEASE WAIT" for hours and hours until I quit the installation.

Hopefully someone on these forums can give me some proper support and I can actually play favourite game of all time!

Thanks in advance,

Kieran.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with FINAL FANTASY VII. Our test machine here is able to download the game and get the updates appropriately. The few things we would want to check out would be that you are logging into the correct area (if you are getting past the Login screen), and that you have the correct version of the game. If you are based in London or the UK you may have an issue with either the NA region of the game or at the very least an NA region Square Enix MEMBERS account. The game may not be able to access the files it is looking for if these logins and files mismatch. Firstly, I would make sure that you can log in to an ID here: http://eu.square-enix.com/en . If you can use that same login for the game that may enable you to get to the right side of the site. If you have downloaded the NA region of the game and are using an NA login, (like the forum account you are posting from) and are based overseas there could be a problem connecting to the correct servers. Please check these few discrepancies and post back if there's more we can help you with.

Was this ever solved? I have the exact same problem, its stuck on "installing updates".

I'm running Windows 8 64, in compatibility with WinXP service 3. Unlike the previous poster, I'm in NA so I don't think the problem has to do with mismatched account information based on location.

I just purchased the pc-download of Final fantasy seven. After download, three files come in (FF7_v.1.0.5 and some .bin files). When I try to run the setup file as administrator, it asks me what language I want to install in. After selecting "English" and clicking "OK" the program closes and nothing happens.

I've updated all of my drivers and have the latest version of DirectX.

Yes, I've tried downloading it again.

Help!

I'm very thankful that you've tried some of our fixes already, and you have my apologies for the frustration. When we see an issue like this where the application is not opening at all there may be two culprits. 1) The system is not compatible with the system at the time. But it sounds like you've maximized your compatibility by doing all of the suggested updates. (though, if you haven't yet, please make sure to do the Windows updates). 2) There may be something preventing the program from running on the system. We would suggest disabling any anti-virus, anti-malware, etc. programs temporarily and see if that makes any change. Following that, please try using the MSCONFIG tool from your Run command to perform a clean-boot of your system. This will ensure that there isn't anything interfering with the installer as you being the process.

so i just got ff7 for the pc and it installs fine but it wont install the patches!!! i let it install all night and still nothing! it just keeps saying that its installing patches and hasnt changed since. i have restarted it a few times and it just keeps getting stuck at the same point

i am running windows 8 64 bit

UPDATE:

okay so it finaly finished after another restart and now its stuck at 10%?????? any help?

This is a common issue.

Originally Posted by SE_Chris

There are three things which could cause symptoms like this. The first being that the servers could be down. As far as we can tell they're up and running as the system here is able to log in without an issue. The second could be that the connection is having an issue. By this we mean a firewall, Wi-Fi, Satellite, web blocker, robust router, etc. The last could be that the area you are logging into could be the wrong part of the launcher. If you are able to get to the login screen at least we want you to make sure you're clicking on the Square Enix North America area with the same credentials you are using on this site.

Originally Posted by kronos943
    so i just got ff7 for the pc and it installs fine but it wont install the patches!!! i let it install all night and still nothing! it just keeps saying that its installing patches and hasnt changed since. i have restarted it a few times and it just keeps getting stuck at the same point

i am running windows 8 64 bit

UPDATE:

okay so it finaly finished after another restart and now its stuck at 10%?????? any help?

I'm having exact same problem...stuck at 10%

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last