Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: FFVII Installation Issues

FFVII Installation Issues

So I'm sure I'm just being dumb about this, but I have 2 .bin files and I'm not exactly sure what to do with them. I tried to mount them with Daemon Tools but that didn't work so I'm at a loss on what to do. If anyone knows what to do let me know. I appreciate any help.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 17th Sep 2015 at 13:48.

Just run the exe and it will install the game.

I downloaded and never got an exe... I got the download manager crap and downloaded the game, andnow I have two .bin files.

You should have two bin files and an exe. Try running the download manager again.

I'll try that and see what comes up. Thanks.

So I just purchased, made an account, and downloaded the installation package for Final Fantasy 7 for my pc, and attempted to install the thing, but for whatever reason all that happens is that it prompts what language I want, so I pick english, and then.......nothing.[img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif[/img]

I don't know what the cause is, and it's really annoying me.

I have a windows 7 64 bit machine.

Please help if anyone has a clue how to fix.

Thanks.[img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif[/img]

I wanted to know if anyone has had this error "failed to expand shell folder constant" "userdocs"

Looks like alot of people are having huge problems with this and i dont think square was ready to bring this out becasue u can't find crap anywhere about erros or anything for this game on here other than other people talking.

In a way i kind of want my 12$ for the huge fail that this is.

So i have yet to find anything about this error problem that im getting once i click install and i even redownloaded this and still getting the same error

failed to expand shell folder constant userdocs

What folder are you trying to install it in? Have you tried to install it into a different directory?

FFVII: Multiple Installs...

So, if I'll be upgrading my computer soon, will I be able to install this on more than one computer in the future?

Thanks

I bought FFVII yesterday and went through the download process without a hitch. Eberything was looking fine but when I clicked the FF7_v1.0.5.exe it prompts me for a language then sits for a bit and just closes. It never allows me to actually install the game. I've searched the forums here and on gamefaqs and this doesn't seem to be a issue for anyone else. Does anyone know why it won't install for me? Thanks.

FFVII PC Installation Problem. The game won't install.

I bought FFVII yesterday and went through the download process without a hitch. Eberything was looking fine but when I clicked the FF7_v1.0.5.exe it prompts me for a language then sits for a bit and just closes. It never allows me to actually install the game. I've searched the forums here and on gamefaqs and this doesn't seem to be a issue for anyone else. Does anyone know why it won't install for me? Thanks.

I've tried to install twice now, and each time it gets stuck on "Extracting files... C:\...\ff7_de.exe". I've checked in the task manager and when it gets to this point, the task's status is Not Responding. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Yes I had that problem as well. The only solution I came up with was uninstalling and reinstalling FF7 in a different directory. Prefferably outside of the C:\Program(x86) folder. Others have mentioned running the game as admin but that never worked for me.

Thanks!!

I actually found the problem: my anti-virus protection was not allowing ff7_de.exe to install. Disabling the anti-virus for 10 minutes did the trick.

Yeah i have tryed renaming it a whole alot of ways re downloading it and saved it to a few spots and still same message. been trying to find a number to call square and be like wtf is going on with this install of theres and find out what the problem is.

I just bought the FFVII PC game, and i used the download manager to download it, but all i was left with was 2 .bin files.... what do i do with them? i cant mount them in Daemon Tools, or run them as .exe either. HELP!

Originally Posted by imported_John
    I just bought the FFVII PC game, and i used the download manager to download it, but all i was left with was 2 .bin files.... what do i do with them? i cant mount them in Daemon Tools, or run them as .exe either. HELP!
    I cant even find the download manager

It will prompt you to install as soon as its done downloading. Run the download manager again and see if you can run the program from there.

Where did you get the download manager?? I can't find this anywhere.

Yea i am having same problem... looking for a way to fix it.

I'm having the same problem...I can't mount the bin to Daemon tools nor can I get it to burn to a disc. Square, what the hell did you give us?

EDIT: Well now. I opened one of the bins in notepad++ to see if there was any hint of what to do. Found this at the bottom

int make16bit;
    int texture_flag;
    int fb_texture;
    sampler2D tex;

struct vertex
    {
    float4 position : POSITION;
    float4 texcoord0 : TEXCOORD0;
    float4 color : COLOR0;
    };

struct pixel
    {
    };

void main(in vertex IN, out pixel OUT)
    {
    float4 color = IN.color;
    float4 texture_color = tex2D(tex, IN.texcoord0.xy);

if(texture_flag != 0)
    {
    if(texture_color.a == 0.0) discard;

color *= texture_color;
    }

if(make16bit != 0) color.rgb = floor(color.rgb * 32.0) / 32.0;

OUT.color = color;
    }

sampler2D tex_u;
    sampler2D tex_v;

void yuv_main(in vertex IN, out pixel OUT)
    {
    float4x4 conversion = {1.164, 1.164, 1.164, 0.0,
    0.0, -0.391, 2.018, 0.0,
    1.596, -0.813, 0.0, 0.0,
    0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0,};

float y = tex2D(tex, IN.texcoord0.xy).r - (1.0 / 16.0);
    float u = tex2D(tex_u, IN.texcoord0.xy).r - 0.5;
    float v = tex2D(tex_v, IN.texcoord0.xy).r - 0.5;

float4 yuv = {y, u, v, 1.0};

float4 color = mul(yuv, conversion);

if(make16bit != 0) color.rgb = floor(color.rgb * 32.0) / 32.0;

OUT.color = color;
    }

float4x4 ortho_matrix;
    float4x4 worldprojview_matrix;
    int blend_mode;

struct vertex
    {
    float4 position : POSITION;
    float4 texcoord0 : TEXCOORD0;
    };

void lmain(in vertex IN, out vertex OUT)
    {
    float4 pos = IN.position;
    float4 color = IN.color;

pos = mul(pos, worldprojview_matrix);

if(color.a > 0.5) color.a = 0.5;

if(blend_mode == 4) color.a = 1.0;
    else if(blend_mode == 3) color.a = 0.25;

OUT.texcoord0 = IN.texcoord0;
    OUT.position = pos;
    OUT.color = color;
    }

void tlmain(in vertex IN, out vertex OUT)
    {
    float4 pos = IN.position;
    float4 color = IN.color;

pos.w = 1.0 / pos.w;
    pos.xyz *= pos.w;
    pos = mul(pos, ortho_matrix);

if(blend_mode == 4) color.a = 1.0;
    else if(blend_mode == 3) color.a = 0.25;

OUT.texcoord0 = IN.texcoord0;
    OUT.position = pos;
    OUT.color = color;
    }

Looks like HLSL. Square. You gave a bunch of us game content files, but no way of extracting and installing. If your download stopped at part 2 of 3 and said it was complete, chances are you're missing the executable and that's what I assume part 3 is.

Hi

I just downloaded and installed final fantasy vii on my Windows 8 PC. I'm having a problem with the game that its not letting me start it. Everything went well in the installation but when I start up the game automatically downloads 2 updates and gets stcuk on the installing updates windows.

I already tried to apply compability with windows xp and 7 and didnt worked.
    Reinstalled the game after uninstalling everything and nothing.
    Removed all firewall and antiviruses and everything of that sort off and it didnt work.

I havent found this specific issue on the forums.
    Any help?

Not compatible with windows 8 yet. Will probably be awhile before they patch it so that it works.

I am also having problems starting the game.

(1) I cannot log in to the app using my n.a. square enix account

(2) I am able to log in via facebook, but the app does not recognize my activation code.

I have windows 7

Page 1 of 3 123 Last