Thread: 'Gordon Crash' - Information Request

'Gordon Crash' - Information Request

Originally Posted by Zoran
    Ok. I followed these steps posted by wekwek and it solved the Gordon crash for me. It appears it is an issue with auto patch installer.

Here's the post from wekwek that worked for me.

1. rename "Batman Arkham Asylum" folder to "Batman Arkham Asylum 2"
    2. run the 1.1 patch (get it here http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=95819)
    3. copy every thing in the newly created "Batman Arkham Asylum" folder into "Batman Arkham Asylum 2". Overwrite EVERYTHING.
    4. delete "Batman Arkham Asylum" folder
    5. rename "Batman Arkham Asylum 2" back to "Batman Arkham Asylum"
    6. run game and play!
    Zoran, thanks. That's what fixed the game for me as well. I credit Muggins & his thread as that was where I got my original info and seems to be the true source of the fix.

I'm playing through a second time on 'hard' difficulty now, which is really not that hard yet, as long as you can master the art of not spamming your attack button and consistently land those criticals. Gunshots sure do hurt now though, I guess Batman didn't wear his kevlar today

D2D said they couldn't reproduce the problem. They released the 1.1 patch for D2D version of Batman.

http://www.direct2drive.com/patches/

I think this verifies that nothing is being done and those having this General Protection Fault problem are going to be stuck with it and have to rely on user created solutions as posted in this thread.
    I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig, ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs DDR3 1600 , EVGA GTX 680, X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, Z-5500 5.1, Corsair TX750w, Windows 7 Pro x64

@ Mike89 : http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=96538
    Using that version of the 1.1 patch solved a lot of people's problems.

@BitsOfSkin : That did not work for me, I'm afraid.

I'm having the crash that others here have mentioned, where it crashes when GFWL is active at the end of the second start-up cut scene. It proceeds without GFWL active, but of course cannot save. And yes my My Documents is drive D: basically. From the error message it generates - C:/Documents and Settings/user name/~ - I'm guessing its trying to follow a VERY specific path to get to the My Documents folder in order to create the very first save file, which is causing the crash. Any fixes likely for this in the near future given that moving my My Documents folder back to default is not an option on my rig?

Edit:- Nevermind figured out a way.
    For those with the same problem the way to fix it is:
    1 Right click Mydocuments and enter properties, set location to default. When prompted to move files select no
    2 Run batman. it SHOULD get past the cut scene and create an autosave file. at this point exit batman
    3 Restore Mydocuments to your preferred location, when prompted to move files select yes.
    4 In your mydocuments folder there should now be 2 folders an 'eidos' folder and a 'copy of eidos' folder, your save files are in the copy. Either transfer them over into the eidos folder or rename it and delete the original eidos folder.
    5 start up batman and marvel at how your save file is brought up from your original MyDocuments. And how it autosaves from then on into the correct location.

Needless to say this process must be redone for every new profile you start. until a patch is released anyway.

This problem is really a trip. I also had My Documents in a different drive. When I would turn off Physx in the game menu, the game would save fine in My Documents so that's at odds with the above post. It was only with Physx on did the crash occur. I moved My Documents back to the default location and un-installed/re-installed the game, did the Windows Live patch and still had the exact same problem. There is more to this problem that having My Documents in a different location. Only doing that fix that involved the renaming of the Batman folder, installing patch, copying Batman folder back solved the problem for me regardless of where the My Documents folder was.

Also, this problem seems to be specific to the D2D version as that version is the one the posts are referring to. I'm going to have to think twice in the future now about getting another one from there. I sure don't want to go through this again.
    I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig, ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs DDR3 1600 , EVGA GTX 680, X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, Z-5500 5.1, Corsair TX750w, Windows 7 Pro x64

Not sure whats going on with physx, since i've got an ATI card so enabling physx is pretty much out the window for me. My problem seems to have been just the initial save file being generated for a profile. After it had been generated in the default My Docs location I could move the my docs folder wherever and it would still find the savefile to load from, and save to, thus bypassing the problem so to speak. Needless to say I did all this AFTER farting about with the various physx patches on the off chance I was still being affected despite not enabling it.

This thread is just about the issues related to users having the game crash at a specific point in the game which is fixed now we believe.. The other issue related to initial save and my docs location is not related to this issue.. there is another thread about that..
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Where is that thread, please?

Is it GFWL Crash on profile and patch update Windows XP FIXED!? Because that thread seems to be about a problem installing the patch update, which I have not had a problem with.

And the solutions I've seen about setting My Documents to it's default location have not worked for me.

I think we will never see a patch for the My Documents error.

Originally Posted by Isellsigals
    I think we will never see a patch for the My Documents error.
    I knew we would never see this patch... yes Eidos your support sucks

hooray for Zoran

Zoran, Your dir rename and patch reinstall worked for me too!! I tried the other fixes but this one has me running 2-GTX275's in SLI and a GTX9800 for physx beautifully!! no lockups whatsoever, now I can play the way my hardware is supposed to play. thanks again

I've had this game for well over a month and I am just now able to get it running on my Intel and nvidia PC (had to install it in the default directory). I never had a problem on my AMD and ATI PC.

I'm sorry but we shouldn't have to spend so much time troubleshooting a product we spent $50 on. This game has been out for nearly 2 months and the MAJOR bugs still exist. Unacceptable, and I will note this the next time Eidos releases another PC game.

I'm dealing with Case B
    I am using Windows XP, I bought the game through Steam, originally the patch was automatically installed when I first downloaded the game then I installed it through the Eidos website to see if it might help with my situation, I had the demo installed and it worked fine and now the demo is uninstalled and was uninstalled before I purchased the full game.
    My G4WL account is brand new just for Batman.
    I have not yet tried to see if the game works if I am not logged in to G4WL, because now the game freezes right at the very beginning with the Eidos logo, my My Documents folder is in the default location, and I have administrator rights.

Remind me which one is case B?

Which case most accurately describes your problem?

A crash occurs in the background when Batman meets Gordon; the FMV continues with a Windows "activity" mouse cursor showing. Alt-tabbing reveals a General Protection Fault dialog.

Operating System: Win 7 64
    Game Version: D2D
    Patch Install: Automatic from Windows Live
    Demo Installed: No

Case B Questions

My Documents: Default location, never changed. I do have a second drive.
    Game Install: Default location.
    Administrator Rights: Yes.

Got the problem. Nothing seems to help

W7 Pro 64.
    Intel Core 2 Duo. 3GHz
    4Gig RAM
    Nvidia Gforce 9800GT 1Gig
    Version: Disk
    No Demo
    Admin rights
    Installed on "Program" drive
    My Documents set to "File" drive (W7 on 100Gig partition, My Documents is 250/350Gig)

**Case B** - Game crashes when reaching FMV where Batman meets Gordon. Crash CANNOT be bypassed with PhysX turned off.

I have tried:
    PhysX: Off
    Graphics: Low
    Sound Card (Creative): Off
    Can't move "My Documents" not enough space
    Logged out of GFWL
    Repatch technique here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...62#post1186162

All attempts have failed. Is there a way of moving the target of where the game saves?

Added note. I had W7 Ulitmate 32-bit beta and had no problems playing and 100%ing Batman. I just wanted to do it again.

Can anyone offer any advice?

@turbojelly
    If you had it working before I can only suggest thinking what might be different about your system now. If no one else is having problems with 7-64 then you can probably rule that out.

What things did you have installed on your old system that might be a different version now, gfx, sound, physx drivers etc.

I have my drives set up in a similar way to your's and it's caused me no issues, but i'm using Vista64 and XP32.

Are you using the patch from this forum?

Originally Posted by deders
    @turbojelly
    If you had it working before I can only suggest thinking what might be different about your system now. If no one else is having problems with 7-64 then you can probably rule that out.

What things did you have installed on your old system that might be a different version now, gfx, sound, physx drivers etc.

I have my drives set up in a similar way to your's and it's caused me no issues, but i'm using Vista64 and XP32.

Are you using the patch from this forum?
    Only difference is that my drivers are 64-bit and recent. I did check all my drivers (graph, sound, chipset, etc) ad they're all up to date.

I am using the patchfrom the forum. I used the patching technique as linked in my above post.

Gonna try another fresh reinstall and patching it straight away.

Also, my GFWL account has DoW2 on it.

same driver version numbers as your last setup?

Used: "185.81_geforce_win7_32bit_international_beta" before

Using: "196.21_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_whql" atm

update. Freshly installed game and still same problems.

Game freezes just after Batman says: "Something's not right. I'm going with him."

It no longer crashes if I sign out of GFWL but then I can't save.

try the beta's, make sure you properly uninstall the current ones

Frig.

Can't remeber how to uninstall the old drivers.

I installed the beta one over the current one. Bah. Being dumb here

same as you'd uninstall any other program from the control panel, you can also use driversweeper after the process to clean up any leftover files but in my recent experience the uninstaller does a decent enough job, only leaving the uninstaller files, which shouldn't interfere with other drivers.

Page 5 of 6 First First 123456 Last