Thread: 'Gordon Crash' - Information Request

'Gordon Crash' - Information Request

Zoran, if that works could you please post back?

A suggestion, if it is the videos that prevent you from playing, why not rename or move the entire folder? Once you get a savegame past the Gordon intro you can put the files back since your savegame won't try to open the Gordon file, right?

It seems counter intuitive that skipping cutscenes would make the game work for you, but who knows.

Hi guys i have the case B problem get to gordon and then i get the crash message i got the game via Steam not any of the other retailers so how would i go about applying a patch when steam downloads the game at the current version.....basicly this game needs a serious patch and soon.

Im currently re-downloading the game and i have moved "my documents" to there default location hopefuly i should not have any further problems but i gurantee you i will be back on this forum if i do lol.

I also have the "My Documents" folder in a different location. With the fix I did, it's playing now without the crashes and I did not move the "My Documents" folder back to the default location. That's just plain stupid for a game to get hung up if one moved that folder. Windows has the option to move that folder and everything that would go into that folder should get there with no problems. That's just plain bad coding if a game isn't allowing for that. Never had that issue with any of my games and I've had the "My Documents" folder moved from the day I installed the OS. Hard to believe in this day and age that game makers still think everyone installs everything in C:\Program Files or no one has moved "My Documents". Seems they still think everyone only has this one size fits all hard drive and one partition and everyone puts everything in the same place. An amazingly stupid oversight.
    I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig, ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs DDR3 1600 , EVGA GTX 680, X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, Z-5500 5.1, Corsair TX750w, Windows 7 Pro x64

Renaming the movies did not really help me, yes it managed to get past the gordon cutscene but the exact same error happens in the next cutscene so this is not a viable solution. Get your *** heads in gear eidos and fix these *** game breaking bugs!!! I agree totally with the poster above, just plain *** lazy coding.

I can't even get to Gordon. Mine crashes within the first 5 seconds of the very first cutscene >_>

Windows Vista 32bit
    Steam Version
    Steam patched it auto for me
    Never tried the demo

I've had a G4WL account for a while, works fine with all other games..

Lightbulb

Okay so.. I crashed at the very beginning of the game, I think that is what you mean with the Gordon Crash..

I have the Same. I go past everything and am about to see how joker breaks out. Just before that you talk to Commisioner Gordon. In mid first few sentences, it breaks..

Windows Xp Media Center Edition
    I bought it from the store
    From a source on this server
    No, the demo aint installed anymore

This is total crap.. I want to play it and cant, I ahve everything on high setting and WANT TO PLAY with PhysX because my computer is 100% more than suited for it, total crap. Eidos better bring out a howfix for this or this game really aint worth the money.

Edit: My Games for Windows Live account is brandnew just for this game (I hate games for windows live for the very reason that these games ALWAYS suck. Why? They got a Microsoft stamp, that explains all. Microsoft rather slaughter the game till it doesnt work anymore than making users happy )

And yeah, what we have too is a broad error massage that I am missing two files at 0xA something -_- totally stupid....

I am using Windows 7 (32 Bit) and the game crashes, when they bring Joker into the elevator and the doors close (right after the moment the "zoom" is introduced).

The game also crashes when I run the Benchmark (guy searching ssomething on the floor), but with a different error (overworld_physx).

It makes no difference if I am logged in or not or physx turned on or off.

I bought a download-version at www.gamesload.de (german shop).

edit: and the GFWL-acc is new...

Game crashes to desktop randomly

Hi Guys,

I just bought the game out of Datablitz (the DVD version) and my game just keeps on crashing to desktop randomly but I can still continue the game when I click the box in Windows then it conitnues. Is there any way to fix this? I've ran update through the Windows Live update to patch 1.1. I am afraid of having corrupted save game files again because I've played this through a hacked version and my saved game stucked at 44% and the crash keeps on looping when I am in Intensive treatment and Ivy is speaking. I don't want it to happen again when I've played through my Original Copy and I'll be stucked at an area later on with the game keeps on crashing since it is a legit copy!!!!

I checked the log files on the my documents section and it seems that it keeps on crashing because of Physical and Virtual memory errors, I'm not sure if this helps. Has anybody experienced this and do you have any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks!

What is with the terrible support here? They have known of this issue for like a week and still no word from the devs or any type of moderator.... you eidos this is definatly the last game of your I will buy, in future I will download your games so I don't waste my money.

Originally Posted by thetonyg
    Zoran, if that works could you please post back?

A suggestion, if it is the videos that prevent you from playing, why not rename or move the entire folder? Once you get a savegame past the Gordon intro you can put the files back since your savegame won't try to open the Gordon file, right?

It seems counter intuitive that skipping cutscenes would make the game work for you, but who knows.
    Ok. I followed these steps posted by wekwek and it solved the Gordon crash for me. It appears it is an issue with auto patch installer.

Here's the post from wekwek that worked for me.

1. rename "Batman Arkham Asylum" folder to "Batman Arkham Asylum 2"
    2. run the 1.1 patch (get it here http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=95819)
    3. copy every thing in the newly created "Batman Arkham Asylum" folder into "Batman Arkham Asylum 2". Overwrite EVERYTHING.
    4. delete "Batman Arkham Asylum" folder
    5. rename "Batman Arkham Asylum 2" back to "Batman Arkham Asylum"
    6. run game and play!

What worked and what didn't

Hi guys, here is what I did so far when the game crashed an what solved the problem for me after all:

I bought the game online at Direct2Drive. I logged into my Games for Windows Live account and applied the patch to version 1.1.

Then I experienced the following error as many of you already described: In the scene when Batman talks to Gordon (after the

elevator, when it gets dark for a few secs) the game crashed back to the Windows desktop. I was not able to do anything (ie.

move as Batman).

Then I deinstalled the whole game. Installed it anew. Then I changed the "My Documents" folder from C:\ to F:\ (I have all my

games on a physically different harddisk, F:\). You change the "My Documents" folder by right clicking on My

Documents/Properties/Path. I then I did not log on to G4WL and started the game.

Now I was able to play the game in version 1.0. I played for a while till I was sure, the game made some auto saves (to bring

some content in my "new" "My Documents" folder).

Then I started the game again and applied the patch via G4WL. I hoped that after the patch I would be able to play the save game

I made - but sadly, this was not the solution: I got the same old crash to the desktop like at the beginning.

I then downloaded the file "Batman Arkham Asylum Patch 1,1" from the bittorrent site mininova. Did the procedure like it is

described earlier on (rename original batman folder, apply the bittorrent patch, recopy the original folder but leaving the

newer patch files alone).

This worked, even with the earlier save games. I also changed the "My Documents" folder to the original Windows setting (C:\).

I must say, such a nasty bug is an acomplishment in itself...

My system:

Windows Vista, 32 Bit, SP2, Swiss German version.
    Batman installed as US version
    Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600
    2 Nvidias Geforce 8800 SLIs
    4 GB RAM

does not work for me

Hey guys I'm having problem A. My files are different from the ones other people are posted. I patched with live and tryed the one from bittorrent after I was having trouble . Not really sure...

Max_A1_C...._PhysX.umap- 1,155kb
    Max_A1_PhysX.umap- 666kb
    Max_B1_CH...._PhysX.umap- 61kb
    Max_B1_PhysX.umap- 1,157kb
    Max_B3_PhysX.umap- 2,989kb
    Max_B5_PhysX.umap- 2,151kb
    Max_B6_PhysX.umap- 938kb
    Max_C1_PhysX.umap- 1,127kb
    Max_C5_PhysX.umap- 1,636kb
    Max_C6_PhysX.umap- 1,140kb
    Max_C8_PhysX.umap- 1,039kb
    Max_C9_PhysX.umap- 804kb

(I dled from D2D)

Made a little mistake in my description: I did logon to Windows for Live Games (W4LG) the first time, but I refused to apply the patch to v1.1 at the beginning.

Eidos how about a patch for the people who can't change the "Documents" folder location like in Windows 7 where you can have multiple paths set up for the documents folder... I do not have a "documents" folder in C:\user\username because it is on a seperate disk...

Eidos you suck why no word on a patch?

Hi

I am neither case A or B. Crash only occurs in initial FMV before Bats says something isnt right. Just goes balck and then to desktop.

- What operating system are you using XP32bit
    - What version did you purchase (i.e. disc, Steam, other online source) Disc
    - How did you install the 1.1 patch (i.e. G4WL or some other source - please list where) G4WL
    - Did you have the demo installed, is it still installed?Yes, no longer installed

G4WL account questions

Is your G4WL account...
    -- Brand new for Batman (i.e. no previous game assiciations, probably created recently
    -- Associated to a previously existing Microsoft account (PLEASE DO NOT PASTE INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNT DETAILS) (i.e. is it linked to a Xbox Live 360 account, has this account been used sucessfully on other G4WL titles)

Associated to an existing acc

---------------------------------------------

Case A specific questions

- Please check the size & date of your 'Max' Files in your folder found at "[Install path]\Batman Arkham Asylum\BmGame\CookedPC\Maps\PhysX\Maps\max"

(listed in name order, when browsing the folder)
    Max_A1_C.....umap - 1,155 KB - 19/08
    Max_A1_PhysX.umap - 642 KB - 19/08
    Max_B1_C....umap - 61 KB - 07/08
    Max_B1_PhysX.umap - 1,157 KB - 19/08
    Max_B3_PhysX.umap - 2,989 KB - 07/08
    Max_B4_PhysX.umap - 8,504 KB - 19/08
    Max_B5_PhysX.umap - 2,151 KB - 07/08
    Max_B6_PhysX.umap - 938 KB - 19/08
    Max_C1_PhysX.umap - 1,127 KB - 07/08
    Max_C5_PhysX.umap - 1,636 KB - 19/08
    Max_C6_PhysX.umap - 1,140 KB - 07/08
    Max_C8_PhysX.umap - 1,031 KB - 19/08
    Max_C9_PhysX.umap - 779 KB - 19/08
    Max_S3_PhysX.umap - 8,933 KB - 19/08

If your files differ from listed above, please list the differences.

Does the crash still occur when not logged into a profile with PhysX enabled?

Files match above and crash only seems to happen when logged to G4WL

----------------------------------------------

Case B specific questions

Does the game still crash when you do not sign in to any account (i.e. saving is disabled). no
    - Is your 'My Documents' folder in the default location? yes
    - Do you have administrator rights on the account you are attempting to run the game?
    yes

Its starting to get annoying that you cant save and cant skip the entrance to Arkham. Anyone got any other ideas?

Originally Posted by Isellsigals
    Eidos how about a patch for the people who can't change the "Documents" folder location like in Windows 7 where you can have multiple paths set up for the documents folder... I do not have a "documents" folder in C:\user\username because it is on a seperate disk...
    You referring to the `libraries` system Win7 uses.. There is still a documents folder if you look however.. and it still can be moved exactly the same way.

c:\users\yourname\documents is the default location for the ACTUAL documents folder, the library system can look anywhere you tell it.

I just checked all my win7 installations and they all have a folder in the user folder called documents.

This new system WILL cause confusion for a few things as some games will be coded to look for the user based folder for documents, whilst some may use the api call for documents which could lead to the library based system. Either way BOTH are configurable by the user.

As for the fix we're working on it. As soon as have any news guarenteed you'll be the first to hear about it
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    You referring to the `libraries` system Win7 uses.. There is still a documents folder if you look however.. and it still can be moved exactly the same way.

c:\users\yourname\documents is the default location for the ACTUAL documents folder, the library system can look anywhere you tell it.

I just checked all my win7 installations and they all have a folder in the user folder called documents.

This new system WILL cause confusion for a few things as some games will be coded to look for the user based folder for documents, whilst some may use the api call for documents which could lead to the library based system. Either way BOTH are configurable by the user.

As for the fix we're working on it. As soon as have any news guarenteed you'll be the first to hear about it
    I appreciate your response and news that a fix is being worked on, thank you.

I got a different crash point - Game crashes after the cut-scene where Batman says ""Warden, something isn't right..."

Windows XP SP3
    Purchased from Steam
    1.1 patch is already the default from Steam
    Demo is still installed (also from Steam)

G4WL is brand new for Batman.

The Crash goes away if I do not login to G4WL, but that means I cannot save.

UPDATE: After reading the other posts & findings, I found the solution but it really doesn't make any sense.
    The solution is to restore "My Documents" to it's default location! Originally it was set to E: (a separate dedicated physical HDD)

Right-click on "My Documents" (assuming the icon is on your desktop), select Properties, click Restore Default
    Voila! The crash problem is gone!

I tried again by moving "My Documents" back to my original settings which is E: as a test. Remarkable, no crash!

Originally Posted by Zoran
    Ok. I followed these steps posted by wekwek and it solved the Gordon crash for me. It appears it is an issue with auto patch installer.

Here's the post from wekwek that worked for me.

1. rename "Batman Arkham Asylum" folder to "Batman Arkham Asylum 2"
    2. run the 1.1 patch (get it here http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=95819)
    3. copy every thing in the newly created "Batman Arkham Asylum" folder into "Batman Arkham Asylum 2". Overwrite EVERYTHING.
    4. delete "Batman Arkham Asylum" folder
    5. rename "Batman Arkham Asylum 2" back to "Batman Arkham Asylum"
    6. run game and play!
    I agree, I joined up just to say thanks to wekwek for the step-by-step guide. Now I can cut cloths and watch PhysX calculate those cloth simulation in real-time! Great job. Even the fogs, mists, and smokes are dynamics. Incredible game! But I watched a youtube video where Batman is shown throwing batarangs to ceramics on the floor and wall, and they are shattered in real-time, but it doesn't do that with my BAA? Anyone knows why?

Hey all, those experiencing the Gordon Crash can you read/try this..

We're now hosting the patch on our site. The 1.1 patch we are hosting has exactly the same game contents as the 1.1 patch approved and available via GFWL (as well as other sources), however we believe that this patch could help digital users specifically. Steam users get updated by Steam automatically, but all other digital downloaders who have had issues should give this patch a try.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpos...23&postcount=1
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Originally Posted by ksoon
    I got a different crash point - Game crashes after the cut-scene where Batman says ""Warden, something isn't right..."

Windows XP SP3
    Purchased from Steam
    1.1 patch is already the default from Steam
    Demo is still installed (also from Steam)

G4WL is brand new for Batman.

The Crash goes away if I do not login to G4WL, but that means I cannot save.

UPDATE: After reading the other posts & findings, I found the solution but it really doesn't make any sense.
    The solution is to restore "My Documents" to it's default location! Originally it was set to E: (a separate dedicated physical HDD)

Right-click on "My Documents" (assuming the icon is on your desktop), select Properties, click Restore Default
    Voila! The crash problem is gone!

I tried again by moving "My Documents" back to my original settings which is E: as a test. Remarkable, no crash!
    I have this exact problem, with the exception that when I move My Documents back to it's original setting, it still doesn't work.
    I've tried moving it to the same drive as Steam, I've even made a copy of Steam with Batman and moved it to my C drive, but still, it doesn't work.
    I have Windows 7, and everything I've read seems to indicate all I need to do is restore My Documents to its default location, but that hasn't worked.

I've uninstalled the demo, and have determined that it is not PhysX that is causing the trouble, it is GFWL.

I really, really want to play this game.
    Can anyone help me, please?

Dear support,

today I tried playing Batman Arkham Asylum again and I keept on crashing to desktop frequently. I am using a legit copy and I hope somebody can help me out of this mess. I've done all the driver upgrades and I was playing the game smoothly the last time, but when I tried playing tonight my game crashed. What gives? I hope somebody has an answer to this soon because its ticking me off!!!!

I bought the game so why am I experiencing this and why is it nobody answered my post for support from Eidos? I thought the main idea of spending for an orginal game is to make sure that we are given support for buying their product?

I tried to contact Eidos on this issue. When they found out I bought this game from D2D, they completely divorced themselves of even hearing of any issues. They referred me to where I got the game. So then I wrote D2D on this issue (and the details I used from the fix posted here to fix it) and their first response was an automated "check this and check that" deal. I replied I'd like to talk to a real person and then got a response asking for a link to this forum about threads to this issue and links to the patch posted here. So now I'm waiting to see how much they actually research this. I'm getting the impression that this issue is way up in the clouds somewhere and I don't expect anything is going to be done about it (at least in the short term). For those waiting for a patch to fix this, I wouldn't spend much time holding your breath.

I would really suggest these problems be forwarded to where ever you got the game so they can get a record of complaints about this. They can't fix what they don't know about (or think only 1 or 2 people have the problem).
    I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig, ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs DDR3 1600 , EVGA GTX 680, X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, Z-5500 5.1, Corsair TX750w, Windows 7 Pro x64

Page 4 of 6 First First 123456 Last