Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Insane Night Map Pack for LIVE Gold Members only?

Insane Night Map Pack for LIVE Gold Members only?

  1. #1

    Exclamation Insane Night Map Pack for LIVE Gold Members only?

    According to the Games ingame scroll bar the free downloadable content - the Insane Night Map Pack - is available for download now. It shows up in the LIVE Marketplace, when you browse it from within the "Downloadable Content" area of the game menu.

    Unfortunately it is marked unavailable and on click displays the following message: "This item is currently for LIVE Gold members only. Silver members can check in a few days or upgrade to a LIVE Gold membership." I would appreciate if the in-game message scroll bar would reflect that only privileged gamers have access right now, so that us "regular Joe's" do not get their hopes up.

    I was looking for more Invisible Predator goodness, but I guess I'll have to wait my turn.

    Cheers,
    Joe

    ---

    UPDATE The Insane Night Map Pack DLC is now available for PC as a free download in the LIVE Marketplace. Thank you!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 1998
    Location
    Blackfriars
    Posts
    3,885
    Ah course its free content isnt it.. Only Premium content doesnt get split between Silver/Gold members for launch date.
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    21
    So those who did not pay for a gold membership will have to wait? Hmm maybe a disclaimer would be nice. Free content should not require a paid membership to get it when it's released. If you say something is available for free on a certain date then only make it free at the time for a paid membership, then it's not really free is it?
    You may be a King or a Street Sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the Reaper!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 1998
    Location
    Blackfriars
    Posts
    3,885
    This is how MS has been with Xbox content since day 1. They treat PC the same

    As for `not really free` yes it is, at no point will you pay for it, so just because you get it a few days later doesnt cost you anything. Free content doesnt NEED a paid membership, just those that paid get it first from MS on their servers.

    This is not something Eidos controls, this is MS servers and systems.

    Yes the message could be a bit clearer saying Available to gold members on day X, and Silver members later.
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

  5. #5
    Thanks for the clarification, Jason.

  6. #6
    Um, there are no "gold members" for GFWL, the whole GFWL is free, they removed the monthly fee because nobody paid for it (obviously, PC gaming DEMANDS free multiplayer content)...

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by Neon25
    Um, there are no "gold members" for GFWL, the whole GFWL is free, they removed the monthly fee because nobody paid for it (obviously, PC gaming DEMANDS free multiplayer content)...
    it uses the same account system as the XBOX though, so someone who has a Gold account for their Box will get the DLC for PC before those who don't.... yeah, that's a bit messed up but it's how MS' Live system works

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4
    I'm Gold on my 360, so I guess that makes me Gold on GFWL too. I tried to download the Insane Map pack but it just said "Cannot download".

    Anyone else getting this? My Scarecrow map pack downloaded without fault.

  9. #9
    That's bad marketing in my book - the press release from September 14th touted availability of the Insane Night Map Pack for today. Microsoft canned the GfW LIVE Gold service in July of 2007 because it's benefits did not create enough value for a paying player base.

    Batman: Arkham Asylum is an awesome single player game and showcases that the PC is alive and well as a gaming platform, I hope that a sequel will not outsource updates and patches to a third-party multiplayer service that was "dead on arrival" (N4G.com).

    Cheers,
    Joe

  10. #10
    I'm also having trouble downloading Insane Night after a flawless Dem Bones download. It says Code:80004005. On the plus side it keeps giving me an option to retry in the GFWL-client. Shutting down the firewall dosen't seem to make any difference either.

  11. #11
    What a cockup. My Dem Bones code is missing from my UK PC Collectors edition as well, which I have e-mailed Game about with no reply.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4
    Clarification: Is Dem Bones the Scarecrow fight map?

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by SteMot
    What a cockup. My Dem Bones code is missing from my UK PC Collectors edition as well, which I have e-mailed Game about with no reply.
    Mine too but I'm hoping that tomorrow they will email it out.
    Friday is the official release date after all.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    18
    Originally Posted by Ace Antilles
    Mine too but I'm hoping that tomorrow they will email it out.
    Friday is the official release date after all.
    Mine Three. I haven't emailed them yet but will if I dont get it by Monday!

  15. #15
    Just wanted to say I pre-ordered this from Game.co.uk as well and my preorder arrived a day early today as I paid for the special delivery because of the ongoing postal strikes in london causing massive disruption.

    I only have a Silver Xlive account but I could still redeem my LIVE access code for the insane map pack via the GFWL interface ingame as per instrucions on the enclosed code card in the retail box there is a section to do this you then get taken to a screen and it downloads within 3-4 mins.

    Presumably this is because Game have the exclusive pre-order bonus codes.

  16. #16
    Well that seems jolly rotten and not very clever at all. How can they even pull off something as bloody moronic as that ? I mean it ought to be obvious that there's no access to gold accounts for us PC folk.

    Some of us aren't that gullible :P

  17. #17
    Originally Posted by Tedet
    Clarification: Is Dem Bones the Scarecrow fight map?
    Well its a challenge map fighting off Scarecrows skeletons. I've only been able to get to the second wave since your not supposed to take even 1 hit (was ranked 12 on the leaderboards under Raideag). Not sure if you actually fight Scarecrow though.

  18. #18
    Originally Posted by Alienware PC Gamer
    Just wanted to say I pre-ordered this from Game.co.uk as well and my preorder arrived a day early today as I paid for the special delivery because of the ongoing postal strikes in london causing massive disruption.

    I only have a Silver Xlive account but I could still redeem my LIVE access code for the insane map pack via the GFWL interface ingame as per instrucions on the enclosed code card in the retail box there is a section to do this you then get taken to a screen and it downloads within 3-4 mins.

    Presumably this is because Game have the exclusive pre-order bonus codes.
    The only code I have is the one from the CE to allow me to get Crime Alley.
    That worked fine and I could see the Insane Map listing but it wouldn't let me download them.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1
    Back to the original subject I think its pretty bad that the DLC is restricted on GFWL to Gold members, especially since Gold Membership was scrapped ages ago.

  20. #20
    Originally Posted by Orba
    Back to the original subject I think its pretty bad that the DLC is restricted on GFWL to Gold members, especially since Gold Membership was scrapped ages ago.
    Yeah, especially since




  21. #21
    Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    This is how MS has been with Xbox content since day 1. They treat PC the same

    As for `not really free` yes it is, at no point will you pay for it, so just because you get it a few days later doesnt cost you anything. Free content doesnt NEED a paid membership, just those that paid get it first from MS on their servers.

    This is not something Eidos controls, this is MS servers and systems.

    Yes the message could be a bit clearer saying Available to gold members on day X, and Silver members later.
    Is there a date for us so-called "Silver" members?

  22. #22
    I have a gold account but cannot download the new pack it says cannot download.

  23. #23
    Well, it's been a long workday but still no change on the Insane Night Map Pack DLC. I would favor a date for the availability, especially with the weekend coming up. Since Eidos Interactive and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment published the announcement, they might be the mover and shaker that can make things happen.

    In addition to posting here, you can email Stanley Phan of Eidos North America ( sphan@eidos.com ) or Mark Margolis of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment ( mark.margolis@warnerbros.com ). This article here is a good reference.

    Be kind though - this is not a Vendetta - they are Commissioner Gordon and not the Joker We just like to to hone our FreeFlow Combat skills and test our Invisible Predator prowess. No Batterangs or explosive gel, please!

    Peace Out,
    Joe

  24. #24
    Originally Posted by akskiller
    I have a gold account but cannot download the new pack it says cannot download.
    Because its M$ (not Eidos or Rockstedy) way of getting back at us because we PC gamers refuse to pay to play games online like the 360ers.....

  25. #25
    I don't have gold on either GFWL or X360 but it still let me download it from the ingame menu for GFWL as there is a section for a redeem code which I presume is why its exclusive for now which does sound wrong anyway if Eidos have decided to make it free for all perhaps they should have checked before announcing it as obviously people who ordered for the preorder bonus with specific retailers like I did with Game.co.uk (not the cheapest price either but the DLC swung it for me to go with them) would wonder why they bothered if its gives no incentive to go to a cheaper retailer (some were £5 cheaper!!).

    I just think it should have been free for everyone regardless but now I suppose you just have to wait usually a week (unles you have the preorder DLC bonus code) until MS will make it free for all.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last