Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: GFWL Crash on profile and patch update Windows XP FIXED!

GFWL Crash on profile and patch update Windows XP FIXED!

GFWL Crash on profile and patch update Windows XP FIXED!

Been looking high and low to find out the cause of my issue. It's a problem with the GFWLive service and a limitation with Windows XP and the GFWL client. This causes the patch update not to run correctly and pops up an 'Can’t install item (0x800B0003)' error.

In order to fix this you need to go Here and download the file for your OS, either Windows XP 32 Bit or Windows XP 64 bit. Once downloaded and installed, reboot your PC, run the game again. Login using your existing Gamertag/Live ID (or create a newone) and the patch will download successfully. beware it's a large patch, around 250MB in size so it may take a while. On my connection (20Meg) it too about 10 minutes to download and about 5 minutes to install. It was a nightmare not being able to save! I played for about an hour!

I joined the forum just to post this so i hope it helps!

[edit]
    Link for those who are not running an English version of Windows:

http://forums.gamesforwindows.com/t/4404.aspx

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    Big thanks

had the same problem but it's taking forever to either install or download the patch. The progress bar is full but it just is not doing much else.

I'm running windows vista, is this the same issue that's causing the progress bar on the update to freeze?

Originally Posted by XeRocks81
    I'm running windows vista, is this the same issue that's causing the progress bar on the update to freeze?
    I ran Vista and it froze on me. I let it set for about 10 minutes and it eventually installed. It's writing to disk, and seems to take forever. Be sure NOT to tab away from it; just let it run its course.

For people downloading the 1.1 patch from GFWL the answer is:
    To wait.

The patch is about 270mb so it takes a long time to download. Approx 15 mins depending on your ADSL speed.
    The bar goes right to the end and then the downloads still going even though it looks like there's not much to do.

When the patch is downloaded the game will exit and the patch starts to install.

I'm running 7 x64, and it says "Not enough storage is available to process this command"... which is silly, I have 120 gb on that drive alone.

Originally Posted by MforMoniker
    I ran Vista and it froze on me. I let it set for about 10 minutes and it eventually installed. It's writing to disk, and seems to take forever. Be sure NOT to tab away from it; just let it run its course.
    Thank you, I gave it some time as you said and it eventually installed correctly. I then updated my geforce drivers and the game worked fine. I logged in, was able to save my progress and nothing has crashed so far.

I added a link to the OP for those of us who are not running an English version of Windows. Seeing as I had some trouble applying the patch, this should hopefully help others as well.

I'm getting the same problem with GFWL hanging and not even starting to install the update, but I'm on vista. Any ideas?

And the ironic thing is that if I had pirated the game, I wouldn't have any issues. GFWL is an apalling piece of software and really hurts a lot of games its sold with.

Thx ! I was looking around for the size and time of this patch. When I launched the update, it took so long I stopped it because I thought it didn't work. Now I know I have to wait...

Man, I never imagined starting this game will take so long... But thank for the infos MissChief.

EDIT: The update took me 15 min on my 3 mo connection. The DLC took me like 8 min by the way for 267 mo.

OK, I've downloaded the patch from a link in another post, and installed it. Now I'm told that GFWL is unavailable, and I can't play. Kinda tending towards furious with the stupid thing now to be perfectly honest.

Originally Posted by Cpfoxhunt
    OK, I've downloaded the patch from a link in another post, and installed it. Now I'm told that GFWL is unavailable, and I can't play. Kinda tending towards furious with the stupid thing now to be perfectly honest.
    I second that, I waited long enough and paid enough for the game and now I can't play it, so much for testing it before release.

The update will not download for me either. I log in to GFWL and let the updating start. About 5 minutes later the update window closes, and I get the error message 0X800B003, asking me to check the internet connection (which is obviously rubbish). I have added GFWL to the Firewall exceptions list and I have installed the windows update referred to by the OP, which according to the description should fix the problem, but in fact it makes no difference whatsoever, and the exact same issue and error message persists.

I waited for the PC release as this was reported to be the ultimate version of the game, but I now deeply regret not buying it for xbox. This situation is scandalous!

WHY the F!!!! do we have to use GFWL. God I am so sick of its' POS software on the PC. Leave to the 360, its fine there, i have it there..but it is absolutely flawed on the PC. Great way to F over your paying customers...

Why isn't there a patch or rollback? This is ridiculous.

GFWL really screwed up on this game. What kinda progress bar just fills all the way up and doesn't tell you any info on your download. I know its a glitch or something but commee onne M$ get your act together such a kill joy. Luckily the external links to the patch ran without a problem.

Hi There,

I installed the windows XP update as suggested and again tried to download the patch. I now get the following unhelpful windows message;

Batman:Arkham Asylum has not been installed or could not be found. This update will now quit.

What makes me even more bitter is that I had started playing with an "off line" profile for a good few hours and after trying to update the patch it has lost all my saved games.

Anyone else had the above problem after running the windows update?

Thanks

I have Vista 64 bit and I can not connect to Games for Windows - LIVE for the first time I recorded it was patch 1.1 and it does not have service Games for Windows - LIVE reports error number 80154017 what now?

thanks a ton. It was extremely frustrating having completed 11% of the game and not having any of it saved.

You really don't want me playing this thing huh?

Yeesh... the demo wouldn't load and an hour after installing I'm still not playing. This is not cool, fun or worthy of any Guinness records of note.

(Two hours later.. still no dice... )

Games for Windows Live claims I am not connected to the Internet. How is this? Since I am typing things on a web forum, I am bloody well connected to the blinkin' Internet.

What the heck?

[later update.. http://forums.gamesforwindows.com/p/...554.aspx#72554

seems if you have Windows Firewall or an anti-virus running... you have to turn those off. AND manually add GfWL to the firewall exceptions, and enable UPnP and a few ports... Uh, Eidos, shouldn't the playtesters have found this garbage before the game was released? And why in the world is GfWL so ill-mannered for AVG to have to stop it from doing things? This game better be the best thing I've ever played, or I am turning this over the Angry Video Game Nerd to do a segment on....]

[Next morning update.. finally... turn off firewalls and your anti-virus. Do the patches, and it may finally decide your computer is worthy.]

Hello,
    From France with a very poor english…Sorry.

BM:AA crash if the directory “My Documents” is not the default or not on the system disk... Exemple, another partition or hard drive. It can’t save and return to Windows.

You have to mount this partition or hard drive with no letter, but in a empty directory on your system disk. In C:\My Documents\ for exemple.
    This new place is on system disk (but is an other partition and safe) and now, Batman can save and don’t freeze! You have just to play.

Originally Posted by Tokengesture
    Hi There,

I installed the windows XP update as suggested and again tried to download the patch. I now get the following unhelpful windows message;

Batman:Arkham Asylum has not been installed or could not be found. This update will now quit.

What makes me even more bitter is that I had started playing with an "off line" profile for a good few hours and after trying to update the patch it has lost all my saved games.

Anyone else had the above problem after running the windows update?

Thanks
    I got the same dang thing. I just got this game today, and have spent the last FIVE hours trying to get it to work where it will save. I downloaded the 1.1 patch on GFWL and from here on the site and I get the same message as you "Batman Arkham Asylum cannot be found or is not installed". I also DLed that "hotfix" that didn't fix anything (since I am running XP). So far I am not happy with this game or Windows Live. Lets hope another fix comes out soon for this.

Are you to blame.

Well. I can't say I've any sympathy for any of you.

You supported windows live by paying your own money to be treated like criminals. If you don't like DRM then don't buy games that use it. A good business and will take it out if the customers demand it loud enough.

Thankfully, players in the US may go after them with a class action.

In a few years when you want to play the game they'll have shut down the activation service so enjoy it while(if) you can.

I have an error aswell ,, it goes like this:

KB938759 setup error
    Setup cannot update your windows XP files because the language installed on your system is different from the update language..

(btw batman @ 75% story mode is played, just need to get the last riddles & trophies , and interview tapes/arkham tapes)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last