Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: GFWL Crash on profile and patch update Windows XP FIXED!

GFWL Crash on profile and patch update Windows XP FIXED!

Originally Posted by giz
    I have an error aswell ,, it goes like this:

KB938759 setup error
    Setup cannot update your windows XP files because the language installed on your system is different from the update language..
    Check out this link (also in first post) http://forums.gamesforwindows.com/t/4404.aspx and make sure you download the file in the language of your OS.

No it is NOT fixed.

And after 12 hours trying every other possible way I could find I am off to download one of the unauthorised patches.

Perhaps you'd like to amend your future install guides to say that it can take up to a day to get the damn game running.

Y'kno, it'd be easy for you to put an update link on your official site...but do you? Ohhh no...it might upset GFWL.

Well GFWL can G* F*** itself imho.

Edit: Patch from Gamershell.com worked a treat. Fantastic game.

GFWL can still do what I suggested above...preferably with something sharp.

the BG game thing still locks up but not due to cheats but poor porting from Xbox to PC

I DO however have found a trainer that rocks on ver 1.1

can get it at

CHEATHAPPENS.com

it works so far as well with the game update

game still crashes every now & then but that's what you get

MS & game consoles just don't mix *shrug*

great game if you can get it to work but the whiners with uberllama PC's should shut up

get a new machine if you wanna play new games

anyway, that website has a working trainer

now if we can just find a fix for non-Xbox contollers ..... working on Logitech to get one so everyone hit thier support site

Thumbs Down

Originally Posted by Tokengesture
    Hi There,

I installed the windows XP update as suggested and again tried to download the patch. I now get the following unhelpful windows message;

Batman:Arkham Asylum has not been installed or could not be found. This update will now quit.

What makes me even more bitter is that I had started playing with an "off line" profile for a good few hours and after trying to update the patch it has lost all my saved games.

Anyone else had the above problem after running the windows update?

Thanks
    Bump for this issue. Too bad no reply from the powers to be on a fix.....

WHY the F!!!! do we have to use GFWL. God I am so sick of its' POS software on the PC. Leave to the 360, its fine there, i have it there..but it is absolutely flawed on the PC. Great way to F over your paying customers...
    AMEN BROTHER!!

Whats the solution for this? I get it when I die or when I quit :

General protection fault!

History: QA_APPROVED_BUILD_OCTOBER_2008 177051 19-08-2009 13:45.35 FMOD: 42200/42200 Game

GetOutermost() Address = 0x730063 (filename not found) [in F:\Binaries\ShippingPC-BmGame.exe]
    GetOutermost() Address = 0x7352b9 (filename not found) [in F:\Binaries\ShippingPC-BmGame.exe]

Originally Posted by DuckX
    Bump for this issue. Too bad no reply from the powers to be on a fix.....
    What are you talking about? Eidos hosts an alternative 1.1 patch right here:
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=96538

Download, install, and avoid having to use the GFWL patch download shenanigans.

can some one help me with my issue

can I get help please

I feel I'm begin ignored

Case and point.

Hate to sound hostile, but you aren't really helping your case by quadruple posting in a forum that hardly anyone visits anymore. You'll have to search around for you answer or PM one of the moderators. You don't have a prayer of getting a tech support answer from Eidos in this particular forum.

Plus, you have to give people time to respond. You waited 4 hours roughly between each post, which is like a second in online forum time. People don't just sit at their computers waiting to help you with your problem you have to give them ample time to respond. A few days at the minimum.

If I had to suggest a solution, I would say to reinstall the game. It looks like you might have some corrupted files. Re-installing usually fixes that type of stuff.
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

Originally Posted by Nemesis296
    Hate to sound hostile, but you aren't really helping your case by quadruple posting in a forum that hardly anyone visits anymore. You'll have to search around for you answer or PM one of the moderators. You don't have a prayer of getting a tech support answer from Eidos in this particular forum.

Plus, you have to give people time to respond. You waited 4 hours roughly between each post, which is like a second in online forum time. People don't just sit at their computers waiting to help you with your problem you have to give them ample time to respond. A few days at the minimum.

If I had to suggest a solution, I would say to reinstall the game. It looks like you might have some corrupted files. Re-installing usually fixes that type of stuff.
    I thought that was the job of the Moderators. to just sit and answer qusetions. i searched around to find my answer but no one had the same issue.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12