Thread: Crashing with GFWL

Crashing with GFWL

Crashing with GFWL

Hi there,

I'm having a really serious problem: the game crashes ALWAYS after the second cut-scene. After some tries, I've discovered that it happens when I'm logged with my Games For Windows Live account.

If I try to play without logging-in the game works fine.
    But, as you'd know, I cannot save. ROTFL.

I've the Steam version of the game.
    It happens both on Windows 7 and Vista 64, and I've already tried to update GFWL, but it is already at the latest version. Then graphic card drivers, PhysX drivers and so.

Nothing changed.

I've several GFWL games and I never had a problem of this kind. :/

Please help me!

Does it stutter after Gordon starts talking, and then errors out? If so, turn off the Physx setting completely. There's some sort of software bug. The devs are aware of it. I'm sure they're working on a solution. I had the same issue (though I used Direct2Drive), and turning off Physx worked perfectly.

There's a thread about it on this forum called "Game Crashes". Some information there, too, but the Physx seems to be the gist of it.

Edit: While the opening scene is fun and all, what with the witty remarks that The Joker makes, sitting through it five times trying different options to fix the crash became monotonous.

Originally Posted by Calliah
    Does it stutter after Gordon starts talking, and then errors out? If so, turn off the Physx setting completely. There's some sort of software bug. The devs are aware of it. I'm sure they're working on a solution. I had the same issue (though I used Direct2Drive), and turning off Physx worked perfectly.
    Are you talking about PhysX settings in the launcher?
    I'm already playing without it.

Originally Posted by venus80
    Are you talking about PhysX settings in the launcher?
    I'm already playing without it.
    Ahhh, I see. And it still crashes? That's no fun. Hopefully someone else will have something useful to say so you can start playing. Good luck.

Originally Posted by Calliah
    Ahhh, I see. And it still crashes?
    Ye, the cause seems Games for Windows Live, with no doubt.
    Avoiding it, I'm able to play with PhysX activated, like the demo, and also perform properly the benchmark.

On Steam Forums I've read that I'm not the only one having this problem, but no solution emerged ATM.

Finger crossed!

Found a solution:
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...4#post11293684

It works!
    Yeah!

Originally Posted by venus80
    Could you please explain how you did that, I really didn't understand what the guy on the steam forums meant