Thread: Games for Windows - LIVE Help

Games for Windows - LIVE Help

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,055

    Games for Windows - LIVE Help

    I'm new to GFWL, and I'm having the most trouble getting my profile to actually save to my computer. I have an XBL account, so I was trying to use that. It logs in fine to the application called "Games for Windows - LIVE" but using the login on Batman: Arkham Asylum tries to download my profile, and then it doesn't completely download my profile. Am I doing something wrong? Did I encounter a weird glitch? I already had "signed in" and then it downloaded the update and installed it. I still have no option to use PhysX and when I load the game, it asks me to log in again (when I told it to sign me in automatically) and then it tells me that I still haven't done the update and choosing to not do it will sign me out.
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

  2. #2
    I had a problem with it too... Went to the Windows Live site (NOT Windows Live for Games), and signed up for a new account there... everything went smooth after that.
    Hope that helps

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,055
    Originally Posted by Lanarian
    I had a problem with it too... Went to the Windows Live site (NOT Windows Live for Games), and signed up for a new account there... everything went smooth after that.
    Hope that helps
    I'm worried that I can't do that...aren't you only allowed to use your CD-Key with one account? I entered it into my XBL account using GFWL and it didn't retrieve my profile after entering the CD key...but using the app on my desktop will successfully log me in, and it knows how many gamerpoints/MS points I have...so weird. I'm reinstalling the game hoping that it will work better this time. The first time that it didn't download my profile successfully, Games for Windows - LIVE was blocked by Windows Firewall; hopefully reinstalling will let it go again.
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,055
    How long should it take to download the patch...this is taking forever!
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by Nemesis296
    How long should it take to download the patch...this is taking forever!
    It's 266mb so it's a pretty big patch

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Nemesis296
    I'm new to GFWL, and I'm having the most trouble getting my profile to actually save to my computer. I have an XBL account, so I was trying to use that. It logs in fine to the application called "Games for Windows - LIVE" but using the login on Batman: Arkham Asylum tries to download my profile, and then it doesn't completely download my profile. Am I doing something wrong? Did I encounter a weird glitch? I already had "signed in" and then it downloaded the update and installed it. I still have no option to use PhysX and when I load the game, it asks me to log in again (when I told it to sign me in automatically) and then it tells me that I still haven't done the update and choosing to not do it will sign me out.
    Try This and have a look at my post GFWL Windows XP profile problems FIXED

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,055
    What ended up happening is that I just needed to wait for the patch to download. After it successfully downloaded I had no problem with it downloading my profile and letting me play the game. Thanks for the link to the XP fix, but I have Vista running on my machine so it wouldn't really have helped me specifically. I'm sure that other people have found it helpful though!
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis