Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: No Physx???

No Physx???

No Physx???

Hi,
    Bought the game from Best Buy today, and do not have physx showing in the option screen..
    Would this be because I bought and installed early? Or is it a bug?
    If it's due to the early release.. will there be other things popping up (Like in the pirated version?). And if so.. will they go away after the 15th?

Everybody who got the game early from Best Buy is having the same issue with the PhysX option not being in the game. I hope it is some type of an early release time trigger during installation and not a real bug. I find it strange that Eidos will have this trigger but I guess this is how they are screwing with the pirated versions as well. It is annoying for us who got the game from Best Buy and will possibly have to uninstall on Tuesday and reinstall to get the option but it is what it is so there is nothing we can do right now.

Hope we're not gonna run into the other issues the pirates are having... Gotta admit tho.. that was some funny stuff.. Kudos to Eidos for the trickery.

;O

Seriously?

What the hell Eidos? Did you screw up the master retail or is it just the trigger?

Originally Posted by Lanarian
    Hope we're not gonna run into the other issues the pirates are having... Gotta admit tho.. that was some funny stuff.. Kudos to Eidos for the trickery.
    Let us hope it is truly a trickery that does not mess up the legit buyers as well as it has happened with other games before. I have to say that if it is a trickery and come Sep 15th all of sudden the option appears I will have to congratulate Eidos, but if on Sep 15th I have the same problem I will be pissed and will have to join all of the people who always complain about anti-piracy measures. I have always been on the side of the developers when they try to protect their efforts but I will not appreciate if such measures screws my legitimate enjoyment of the game.

Probably there's going to be a patch that adds PhysX functionality. Time trigger sounds ridiculous.

I agree Coca that if it is an intentionally missing functionality they can add it via 0 day patch to enable it. I noticed in another thread on this subject that one of the moderators replied to another perosn that there is no PhysX in the leaked version and closed the thread. Well that was around the beginning of Spetember so I am sure no retailer had the game on the shelves. The person complaining about the PhysX missing had the leaked version but now that Best Buy has put the game on the shelves and people who bought are having the same problem.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=95382

You are right.. The plot thickens...

I actually even PM'ed Jay, the moderator from Eidos who closed the thread you are referring to. I know that since he is in the UK I will not get a response until tomorrow but I would like to get some reassurance that this is intentional and will be OK on the 15th. I doubt that he will respond but here is for hoping.

I'm going to be pissed if the PhysX option is missing from retail after all the hype that has gone into the PhysX on PC. Hell, what the was the delay for if the PhysX are missing?

I push my clock a head, nada :/

Originally Posted by SteMot
    I'm going to be pissed if the PhysX option is missing from retail after all the hype that has gone into the PhysX on PC. Hell, what the was the delay for if the PhysX are missing?
    I was thinking the same thing, All the hype and the delay. We will have to see what the final word is on it.

Is your video card PhysX enabled/compatible? May sound like a stupid question, but in the demo there was an option in launcher too, I don't know what the main game has, since I don't have it yet
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

My card is definitely PhysX (Nvidia 260GTX) and in my control panel the PhysX is enabled. However, the option within the game launcher settings for PhysX is missing for all of the people who bought their game early from Best Buy. Time will tell if it is real problem or intentionally placed time trigger by Eidos.

Originally Posted by rsimeono
    My card is definitely PhysX (Nvidia 260GTX) and in my control panel the PhysX is enabled. However, the option within the game launcher settings for PhysX is missing for all of the people who bought their game early from Best Buy. Time will tell if it is real problem or intentionally placed time trigger by Eidos.
    What happens if you aren't connected to the internet...?
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

No change regardless if connected or not connected to the net. The PhysX option is simply not in the launcher settings.

Hello folks!!

Let me put some light on this problem and provide a workaround for you guys (like me) that got the game early. I'm a programmer and so I did a little investigating.. Here's what I found:

If you open the Binaries folder in the Eidos->Batman Arkham folder, you'll find that all of those files are dated back in July (7/6). The demo of the game, however, has binaries that date 7/26. The BM Launcher program is also outdated in the original game. I copied MOST of the new files from the <Biniaries> of the Demo folder to the <Binaries> of the actual game folder. You probably don't need to do that but just copy the Launcher program to the new game folder. Then start the game launcher from the actual game folder and your option for PhysX will be set to OFF. Turn it on and have fun!!

Cheers,

-M

Well don't you think that it is strange that the demo would have more updated launcher than the retail version of the game. I would like to hear the official word on this issue from Eidos as I would rather not mess with the game. What you are saying though makes perfect sense. Unfortunately, I have uninstalled the demo long time ago and do not feel like downloading 2 gigs again. I will just wait until Tuesday and see if Eidos sends a patch our way.

Well, I guess the reality is they could have released the PC version at the same time the other versions were released and then given us a patch. That's crummy to make PC users wait for nothing

Originally Posted by jjknap
    Well, I guess the reality is they could have released the PC version at the same time the other versions were released and then given us a patch. That's crummy to make PC users wait for nothing
    Only the developers know that fact for sure but I suspect that you are right and that the only reason the PC version was delayed is to defer the pirating of the game and thus slow the losing of sales from the console versions. I cannot blame the devs and publishers for such tactics as much as it pisses me off since I always have respected the efforts of developers. It sucks that the PC platform has become the stepchild of the gaming industry for one reason only: there is no profit in making AAA single player titles for PC. So we will have to deal with that reality. It pisses me off but it has been a reality for a couple of years now.

As just stated in the other thread, stores selling early we cannot help, but official launch day is midnight tonight..
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

whats the word now? and the game knows its being installed early or something?

thats pretty lame for people buying the game eidos. you have a bug in your business code.

Originally Posted by Cruis.In
    whats the word now? and the game knows its being installed early or something?

thats pretty lame for people buying the game eidos. you have a bug in your business code.
    how so? we've said the release date is the 15th.. Not the 14th or the 13th? We are sticking to our days, simple as.. Stores famously dont, which is always a shame and upsets a lot of people who have pre-orders which are usually pretty stringently kept to by stores.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=95699

the plot thickens, indeed.

messed up installer and recalled games resulting in game delay? One can only speculate

Originally Posted by Cirap
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=95699

the plot thickens, indeed.

messed up installer and recalled games resulting in game delay? One can only speculate
    Erm, no plot to thicken am afraid.. There is no delay in the game hitting shelves in the language supported territories..

Page 1 of 2 12 Last