Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Gamepad/controller issues

Gamepad/controller issues

Gamepad/controller issues

Hey Guys,

I recently bought a XBox 360 Wired Controller from Gamestop for use with this game on the PC. It seems to work with other games which require a X360 Controller, such as "The Maw", but Mini Ninjas does seem to respond to my controller.

I think a holdup might be the fact that it is a third-party controller; PDP, to be precise. It said "Licensed for Xbox 360" on the back of the package and the Gamestop guys said, in their infinite wisdom, it was compatible with the PC. Iwould understand if this piece of junk didn't work with any PC game which uses the Xbox360 pad, but even the PC drivers from Microsoft (obtained here: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/do...ategory=Gaming ) recognize the product when I click the big Xbox logo in the middle of my pad.

In the full version of Mini Ninjas I bought from Steam, the option to "Use Gamepad" is grayed out and it is completely unresponsive to the gamepad's input. Any help guys?

(And yes, I kept the receipt. If I need to return it, I will; I'd like to play Mini Ninjas right now though!)

I'm having the same issue. I have a licensed XBOX 360 controller made by a different company. The game will not recognize it even though I have played dozens of games that do. This is seriously not acceptable. I refuse to buy another controller when I have one that works great for everything but one single game. Going to return the game for a refund today. A shame too. Looks like it could have been fun.

Well, against my better judgement I decided to delve into my registry. Changing a value to force windows to report my controller as the official MS version works. I don't like it, but in the end I think it's for the better. For all intents and purposes my controller IS a 360 controller and it's officially licensed by Microsoft as such. I don't like resorting to that, but for anyone else having this problem you may look into doing the same. And if it prevents any future compatibility issues then I guess it's worth it.

same problem here...please try to explain what you did step by step for people how aren't that good with computers..thx

I don't want to be held responsible for people editting their registry and messing it up.

Originally Posted by rhagz
    Well, against my better judgement I decided to delve into my registry. Changing a value to force windows to report my controller as the official MS version works. I don't like it, but in the end I think it's for the better. For all intents and purposes my controller IS a 360 controller and it's officially licensed by Microsoft as such. I don't like resorting to that, but for anyone else having this problem you may look into doing the same. And if it prevents any future compatibility issues then I guess it's worth it.
    After reading this post, I decided to take a look. And modifying a string value in the registry completely worked. I'm mystified as to why a simple string value can hold back an entire peripheral. Perhaps the game's code doesn't look for much when deciding if a controller is compatible; maybe it only checks for the name?

Anyways, I agree with rhagz in saying I don't want to post instructions on hacking the registry, as, if you don't know what you're doing, it can very well mean you're messing up your controller, or worse, your computer!

I have a lot of experience working with Windows tools at my job and my home, but some of you out there don't. So please, PLEASE, don't edit your registry if you're not 100% sure what you're doing. I have an e-mail stating Eidos is looking into the issue and they will fix this issue in due time with a patch. That's the safest route to take!

My Logitech Rumblepad 2 doesnt work by default which really ticks me off. You expect us to go out and buy a $60 controller just so i can play this. I DONT THINK SO.

Is it really that hard to include support for a rumblepad, theyve been around for how long now?

And to make it worse, the xbox 360 controller emulation doesnt work either. So im afraid i wont be buying your game until it is fixed.

Thnx for your time..

There is a way to attach a generic 12 button, 2 stick, 1 pad gamepad to this game, but it requires a little modifying in the Window's System Files and registry. I cannot post the explanation here becasue I am UNCERTAIN reguarding Copyright ingrigmentation, Unless I get permission from the admins to post the solution here on this forum.
    No siggie to display... move along...

Originally Posted by b0uncyfr0
    My Logitech Rumblepad 2 doesnt work by default which really ticks me off. You expect us to go out and buy a $60 controller just so i can play this. I DONT THINK SO.

Is it really that hard to include support for a rumblepad, theyve been around for how long now?

And to make it worse, the xbox 360 controller emulation doesnt work either. So im afraid i wont be buying your game until it is fixed.

Thnx for your time..
    I have the same problem!!! Logitech Rumblepad 2 doesn't work!!!!!

Third party 360 controllers aren't '360 controllers'. You'll just have to use xpadder/joytokey or any such program available as free downloads on the internet and map keyboard functions to the controller.

Gamepad/controller?

Hi,
    Can I use a "non" xbox 360 controller with mini ninjas?

I have 3 usb gamepads (saitek and others) will any of them work with this game?

The game is for my son who is 7 years old and Im not prepared to buy an xbox 360 controller just for this one game to work.

If you cant use an alternative to the xbox one then I think thats a big mistake by eidos and will limits its sales.(and lots of people will be very disapointed)

Cheers in advance for any replies

Jason

Xbox 360 controller for Windows should work fine for this game. However for other controllers it's best to try them out first and if they don't work there are the following programs which could help them to work with the game:

xpadder
    joytokey

Try googling them up and fiddling around a bit. Though use them at your own risk. If you still have problems try contacting Eidos or IO Interactive for further support:

Eidos Support:

http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/support/worldmap.html

IO Interactive Support:

ioi@ioi.dk

How to get your 360 Gamepad working

Your 360 Controller is not recognized?

I found a solution and I'm a bit confused to let such bugs happen...

YOUR CONTROLLER HAS THE WRONG NAME!!!

Original XBox Controller is named "XBOX 360 For Windows (Controller)"
    e.g. my Logitech Chillstream is named "XUSB Gamepad (Controller)"
    And that's the reason why my controller won't work...

Solution:
    1. Go to Control Panel => Game devices
    2. Look for the correct name of your controller e.g. "XUSB Gamepad (Controller)"
    3. Run Regedit (Windows-Key + R => regedit.exe)
    4. Search for your controller name e.g. "XUSB Gamepad (Controller)" and replace with "XBOX 360 For Windows (Controller)"
    5. Search & Replace again (3-4 times)

Thats it!

Now your controller is recognized by the game...

Edit:
    The same bug happend with the game "Kane and Lynch: Dead Men" in 2007 by Eidos and the solution can be found in this forum, too

Hi,
    Any idea where in the registry the controllers are listed?

(sorry but I am not a pc expert)

Cheers,

jason

Thx for replies.

Does anyone know where in the registry the controllers are listed?

In the Registry:
    Scroll to top and click first entry (to get sure to search from the beginning)

STRG+F = Start the Search
    F3 = Search the next entry

Originally Posted by Lord HaxXxoR
    The same bug happend with the game "Kane and Lynch: Dead Men" in 2007 by Eidos and the solution can be found in this forum, too
    Oh man. A pattern is forming.

IO.. shape up! Jeez. These are technical trivialities. I can't believe what I'm seeing.

In the Registry:
    Scroll to top and click first entry (to get sure to search from the beginning)

STRG+F = Start the Search
    F3 = Search the next entry

U lost me with the strg+f thing , press them together? in order?

Originally Posted by jazon6
    U lost me with the strg+f thing , press them together? in order?
    Yes, Press STRG and F together (strg first, f, release f, release strg) or click "Edit" and then "Search" to open the search form

Yes, Press STRG and F together (strg first, f, release f, release strg) or click "Edit" and then "Search" to open the search form
    Well ive been trying strg+f and no luck, nothing happens.

And theres no search listed when I choose edit.

Im using xp home.

I think Im gonna give this game a miss, I shouldnt have to mess around like this to get a keypad to work on a modern game.

Thx for help anyway but my kid will have to stick with lego batman

RAD!! Awesome, totally worked.. just had to keep pushing F3 to find next, did it roughly 5-10 times total, and now my controller works!! BIG UPS!!! Now, lets see, if this problem was present on a previous Eidos game, WHY THE HELL DIDN'T THEY FIX IT YET!?! Man,k with all these companies releasing games unfinished, buggy, not recognizing peripherals, etc., no wonder people would rather pirate a game than pay 30-50 bucks for an unfinished barely working product...

I've been posting regarding this solution partially. This won't work with regular gamepads. There's a DLL system which does the trick. Again, need Admin permissions. (unless this is also visible in K & L forums)
    No siggie to display... move along...

This did not work for my rumblepad 2. I replaced all the names but nothing changed. It found the rumblepad 2 name about 3 times in the registry.

And yes i did start the search from the top.

So it does work if you follow the registry guide and copy the xbox emulation dll's into the game directory. Works for my Rumblepad2.

So much trouble for gamepad support.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last