Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Gamepad/controller issues

Gamepad/controller issues

Logitech Dual Action not working

As the title suggests.... The controller part of the settings are is greyed out.

I've seen the solution to get the 360 gamepads working, but apparently mine is a 360 gamepad so...

I have a logitech Rumblepad2 and i got to work after i replaced all names of my controller in registry with "XBOX 360 For Windows (Controller)" AND copying the xbox 360 emulation dll's into the games exe directory.

The registry alone is not enough to make it work it seems. You have to use the dll's as well. Hope it helps.

Originally Posted by b0uncyfr0
    I have a logitech Rumblepad2 and i got to work after i replaced all names of my controller in registry with "XBOX 360 For Windows (Controller)" AND copying the xbox 360 emulation dll's into the games exe directory.

The registry alone is not enough to make it work it seems. You have to use the dll's as well. Hope it helps.
    Does this mean that I'll have to make my system assume that I'm using an XBOX360 controller? Will this affect anything in the future?

This works

1. Find out the name of your gamepad in the control panel (Game Controllers), for me it was "Logitech RumblePad 2 USB".
    2. Open Regedit, hit CTRL-F and type the name of your gamepad. It should find something like :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_046D&PID_C218
    OEMName REG_SZ Logitech RumblePad 2 USB

3. Select Modify and enter "XBOX 360 Controller for Windows" (without the ").

4. Download and Install the files :

http://rapidshare.com/files/249164419/xinputemu3.0.zip

Program Files\Eidos\Mini Ninjas

xbox360cemu.ini
    xinput1_3.dll
    xinput9_1_0.dll
    XInputTest.exe

5. The game should work now.

Originally Posted by tulkest

4. Download and Install the files :

http://rapidshare.com/files/249164419/xinputemu3.0.zip

Program Files\Eidos\Mini Ninjas

xbox360cemu.ini
    xinput1_3.dll
    xinput9_1_0.dll
    XInputTest.exe

Those files are to be put in C:\windows\system32. (make sure you backup first)
    No siggie to display... move along...

Or use Xpadder or Pinnacle Game profiler.

Originally Posted by reeven
    Or use Xpadder or Pinnacle Game profiler.
    These programs will only bind keyboard functions with the keys. This is EXACTLY like Joy2key.
    HTML Code:
    http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/JoyToKey%20English%20Version.htm
    Note: Unlike Xpadder and Pinnacle, the joy2key program is free
    No siggie to display... move along...

Big Grin Here's the solution

If anyone wants to use Logitech gamepads here is your simple solution:

http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/....id=2317#M2317

Enjoy!

I got the same problem, but with another controller:
    Saitek PS1000 Dual Analag
    Can't register with the same. Is there also a solution for this kinda controller?

Already tried the regfix and the download, either I messed sth up or it just didn't worked.

thanks

Well i see quite a mess here and few misunderstandings. Let's summary all.

Remember, Im not responsible for all damage caused by using hints mentioned below

Controllers licensed by M$
    They are compatible with Xinput library so all you have to do is Registry trick.

Originally Posted by Haxxxor
    1. Go to Control Panel => Game devices
    2. Look for the correct name of your controller e.g. "XUSB Gamepad (Controller)"
    3. Run Regedit (Windows-Key + R => regedit.exe)
    4. Search for your controller name e.g. "XUSB Gamepad (Controller)" and replace with "XBOX 360 For Windows (Controller)".
    5. Search & Replace again (3-4 times)

Controllers NOT licensed by M$
    You have to use Xbox 360 gamepad emulator. The newest version (mainly for Vista or 7) is HERE. For some of you configuration may seem complicated but I assure you, when you do it with readme and commentaries for functions it's not hard as it seem. Learnig to use this emulator is essential for those who has gamepads not licensed by M$.. It useful for all games signed as "games for windows" >LIST<.
    All you have to do is"
    1.Download it and unpack to any directory you want.
    2. Run XinputTest.exe and see how your gamepad works with it. If some features are not working well (misassigned axis, buttons assigned to wrong keys) then you have to edit xbox360ce.ini and make some corrections. Read carefully all comments near functions and its not hard as it seem! Its good idea to ask some friend that is more experienced with computers if you dont feel to make those corrections.
    ATTENTION. If your controller has two modes - analog and digital, switch to analog mode. Usually it means that you have to press buttton called ANALOG or MODE.
    3. If all working good (when you run XinputTest.exe all is recognised properly) you have to copy
    Code:
    xbox360ce.ini
    xinput1_3.dll
    dinput8.dll
    to c;\windows\system32. Make sure you did it with administartor priviliges. Also its very good idea to make backup of original xinput1_3.dll and dinput8.dll files in this directory first.
    In most cases you have to copy those files to game directory but in my case for MiniNinjas it didnt worked.
    4. Run game. If you hear some sound when before menu then its good because it means all is working well. If you didnt hear anything, there is still a chance so just load last checkpoint

I hope this will help someone and sorry for my english - im from Poland.

i'm hitting a brick wall with my MadCatz 360 controller. It's lit up, installed with the microsoft driver and licensed. Works great with games like Street Fighter IV but this game refuses to acknowledge it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gamepad For Minininjas
    Hi everyone!
    Also had troubles with the gamepad, followed advices given at the forum, changed pad`s registry name, used emulators and joy2key.
    Wanna say: joy2key I really dislike, my ninja gets stupid with it, button reaction is slow.
    Only registry editing does nothing. But the emul with editing succeeds. But with the emuls I had the buttons config. was uncomfortable.
    Kept searching and found this emulator: x360ce, works perfectly and allows to change buttons config just as you like.
    Using procedure is the same that for all emuls: copy the files to game directory and change pad`s name in the registry. Works great, but no vibro in the game, though it works when testing the pad, maybe some my mistakes.
    Here`s producer`s link:
    http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/downloads/list
    and here is the same with my description of the applying procedure:
    https://rapidshare.com/files/2964217....2.102-x86.rar

Lots of the movements the following sound right, and also Blizzard will be producing industry in a way which it will simply minimally influence the particular game's planet. Properly, it will simply minimally influence the particular game's planet, yet we have been must hold out before the people go down after Diablo 3 to learn how a local community can reply.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12