Thread: FFVII Saving - Question and Issues

FFVII Saving - Question and Issues

[We have recently updated the game to implement a new feature allowing you to turn Cloud Saving on and off. The update will happen automatically when you open the game launcher (while connected), and the option to change your Cloud Saving setting will be in the launcher's Network Settings panel.

However, please note that, once the game is updated, if Cloud Saving is switched off, uninstalling the game at any time will automatically delete any saved games stored locally on your computer's hard drive. If you wish to uninstall the game and keep your saved games, please back them up to another location on your hard drive.

Your local save can be found in the \Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII folder of your Windows user profile.

Alternatively, if you have Cloud Saving switched on, your saved games will continue to be stored online and won't be affected by uninstallation.

The update also includes a Cloud Saving synchronisation progress notification, so you'll be able to clearly see when the game is synchronising with the Cloud server.

Additionally, there is also now a Steam version of FINAL FANTASY VII (which is identical to the Square Enix Store version); anybody purchasing the Steam version of the game and logging in with an existing account will be able to access any Cloud Saves that have already been created with the Square Enix Store version.

Thank you,
    Square Enix Customer Service]

Originally Posted by Gravity

[We have recently updated the game to implement a new feature allowing you to turn Cloud Saving on and off. The update will happen automatically when you open the game launcher (while connected), and the option to change your Cloud Saving setting will be in the launcher's Network Settings panel.

However, please note that, once the game is updated, if Cloud Saving is switched off, uninstalling the game at any time will automatically delete any saved games stored locally on your computer's hard drive. If you wish to uninstall the game and keep your saved games, please back them up to another location on your hard drive.

Your local save can be found in the \Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII folder of your Windows user profile.

Alternatively, if you have Cloud Saving switched on, your saved games will continue to be stored online and won't be affected by uninstallation.

The update also includes a Cloud Saving synchronisation progress notification, so you'll be able to clearly see when the game is synchronising with the Cloud server.

Additionally, there is also now a Steam version of FINAL FANTASY VII (which is identical to the Square Enix Store version); anybody purchasing the Steam version of the game and logging in with an existing account will be able to access any Cloud Saves that have already been created with the Square Enix Store version.

Thank you,

This doesnt tell anyone anything...

So basically, we can turn off the feature many of us paid to get now. Are you even planning on restoring the service, or just letting us all rot here without an answer?

Thank you,

Unfortunately, my game (and others) has failed to update each time we start up the launcher. It still says "Game is up to date" and version 1.0.7. This reply doesn't help with anything.

I can't even turn off the feature. My game will not patch at all. No errors, nothing. The game starts up, says it's up to date, the version is still 1.0.7 and no option to turn of cloud saves. Canned responses do not help.

Thank you,

Seriously, are you posting this reply without reading our problems? The game WILL NOT UPDATE. It launches, says everything is up to date, but the version number is still 1.0.7 and there is no option to disable cloud saves under Network Options.

still having problems. cant load my files nor save new games. but my achievements are ok.

hope SE solves it as fast as they can cause it`s very disappointing having it happened.

I'm getting the same thing. Tried downloading saved games, but nothing comes up. Eventually it will load up the "CONTINUE" option but it's only for my local saves and still won't sync remotely. When I try the network settings test for remote sync, most of the time it keeps erroring/failing, but even on the few it's come back OK, when I start the game, the same thing happens where it attempts to download but none of my saves are accessible. Stil on v1.0.7.

What in the world was this reply and how does it answer anything I wrote? I just said my cloud saves are GONE. Telling me about cloud save features does not bring my cloud saves back. Nor does reminding me again that there's now a better version on Steam, which is what I wanted in the first place, not this crappy Digital River software. Just give me a Steam key and restore my lost cloud saves and I'll be happy.

I think there is a overload on SE severs, because to load or save a game, it's taking a long time to show up and sometimes it shows a error mensage and I can't save or load.

Thank you,
    Seriously. Try your copy before you just post en email saying something that isn't true. I got this too, but we're all having the same issues.

what the heck cloud saving is down and i cant seem to get it to work. it doesnt want to stay up for long. please square fix the problem asap

I just wanna play! Can somebody from Square just say that it's being worked on? XP

Same problem. Achievements are ok, but saves are gone. What happened? I want to play game, for what I paid for? No one cares?

Please fix this! I wanted to play today, but it appears that my save file is gone and my achievements are gone due to the service being unavailable.

Whoops, achievements are gone too now. Very nice.

Hello i was just having this problem what I noticed however is at top left it will say downloading cloud saves or wat ever once it was 100% even tho the save area wasn't white i was able to still click it even tho it wasn't white..So try that wait for the cloud to sync or what ever I really hope they fix this tho so the cloud syncs on the go and not right when u get 2 a save spot.

Where do I download this supposed "update"? Every time I run the launcher, it says my game is up to date, but I'm still running 1.0.7 while Steam users have 1.0.8 Steam.

I just backspaced a bunch of four-letter words, but I AM LIVID.

My Save has returned and my online profile restored. Still no reply from Square Support and I emailed them yesterday afternoon. Anybody else back to normal now?

Originally Posted by Dakota

My Save has returned and my online profile restored. Still no reply from Square Support and I emailed them yesterday afternoon. Anybody else back to normal now?

Not yet, still waiting.

What's the flippin deal here SE? I bought your PC version back in August of 2012 and then got screwed out of it after my harddrive failed and had to reinstall everything, got the bird from Digital River and your support department telling me I cannot redownload FFVII. I said hell with it.

Two days ago, I bought the same version I bought in 2012 through Steam. Instead of it simply letting me log into my NA account which has all of my other registered Square-Enix titles, it forces me to sign up under a different account? Great, now I have both an NA and an EU account. I heard that both accounts were being merged, so I thought not a big deal.

Fast forward a few hours later and I log off of my desktop computer and install FFVII via Steam onto my laptop so I can play it at the brother in laws house. Oddly enough, after installing and firing up the game at his place it pulls my old cloud save data from 2012. What in the hell is going on here? For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to make FFVII use a specific profile. My desktop is using the newly created EU account and my laptop is using my NA account.

I DON'T WANT AN EU ACCOUNT! Get this squared away damnit, this is really pissing me off!

I have the same problem. But i found out that if you previously signed in under another website like Facebook it can connect to the other profile. Here's my example. When i sign into my profile it ends up being the other profile (not this one), but since before this occured i could sign in using Facebook because i connected the account with this one and now the only way i can access this account is to sign in using Facebook. I tried to get help from their support , but they ended up somehow mistaking this problem for a forgotten password problem. I have felt your pain, but hopefully it works out for you.

How this happened, I don't know, the sign-up process is overly cumbersome. I removed the locally stored content in the Final Fantasy VII Steam folder (Usually under your My Documents > My Games) which allowed me to sign-up under a different account within the launcher. This time, I carefully choose to log in using the NA Square Enix Member Account and now everything is honky dory.

Seriously, with a disaterous release of this game you'd think they'd save face and keep it working. I just wanted to jump back into things and finish my progress but I have to wait 3-5m in between loads and saves because of "Failed to Sync Save Files, Your Progression Will Only Be Saved Locally". I'm halway tempted to to go buy the steam version but then again why would I want to give more money to a company that craps over a classic like this.

My issue is that 'continue' is greyed out and after I got into the game the save files are greyed. What works for me is waiting. It takes roughly 3-5 minutes. Although, conitue never un-greyed it just eventually let me in.

The Steam version is having the same problem.

Page 22 of 25 First First ... 121819202122232425 Last