Thread: FFVII Saving - Question and Issues

FFVII Saving - Question and Issues

My saves are gone. I just got Vincent too. What's going on Square?

Yes, my profile is blank too.

Just bought the game and can't save either. Little help, Square?

How far were you in it? I'm disappointed. I don't wanna lose my progress.

Originally Posted by Dakota

How far were you in it? I'm disappointed. I don't wanna lose my progress.

One save had me entering the North Crater at the end of the game. The other was a new game, right before Sector 5 reactor.

A few of us who own FFVII are having an issue with our cloud saves missing/deleted and our profile being blank. I'm guessing this is due to a "patch" for FFVII that has been released today. I'm using "patch" because each time I start up the FFVII launcher, nothing patches and it says my game is up to date. The connection tests OK under Network Settings. I have also tried running the launcher as an admin, and still no luck. So far we have not received any updates from SE custom service regarding this issue. Any kind of reply would be much appreciated.

Yup, same issues here.

Same problem here. I sent an email to tech support. Nothing back yet.

Yup I'm having the same problem its worked yesterday afternoon now suddenly its broken, 20 bucks says its broken cause of the FFXIV beta which wouldnt be suprising

BUMP! Same here

11. Also broken for me, there is no chance in hell I am about to attempt my fight with the Diamond WEAPON without the ability to save first.

It's not like it's walking towards Midgar or anything and I can just go do something else.. oh wait.

After reading many posts scattered throughout the past year + about issues with the saving system I highly doubt that this will be fixed, but for the love of god - Square, please do something about this.

It's unethical to do this to customers who are faithful enough to purchase the game from you (many for a second or third time) rather than just torrenting it.

Originally Posted by igh

Also broken for me, there is no chance in hell I am about to attempt my fight with the Diamond WEAPON without the ability to save first.

It's not like it's walking towards Midgar or anything and I can just go do something else.. oh wait.

After reading many posts scattered throughout the past year + about issues with the saving system I highly doubt that this will be fixed, but for the love of god - Square, please do something about this.

It's unethical to do this to customers who are faithful enough to purchase the game from you (many for a second or third time) rather than just torrenting it.

THIS>>>>
    Originally Posted by igh

Buuuuuuump. Some sort of response would be great.

I also have the same problem. Considering getting a playstation emulator and using that to play the game. I will jsutify it by the fact that I paid for this pc download, and the save game feature on top of the character booster service doesnt work at all. Yet another greedy company trying to make a quick buck by screwing its customers. Its beyond time for people to stop putting up with this and finding other alternatives to paying for service for broken products.

And it wont stop until EVERYONE stops buying games.

Ironically even though the game keeps saying that the cloud service isnt working, its still allowing me to load my save game. At leats for now, no telling how long that will last. I doubt thgis is an error on the users end, I believe its an error with their service.

Can't save my game at all. No matter what recommendations I follow...

i lost my saves too and all my achievments have been cleared wtf! someone plz help

all my saves are gone. someone needs to do something or start giving refunds

everything is cleared on my games!

Originally Posted by imported_chris

i lost my saves too and all my achievments have been cleared wtf! someone plz help

It's been a few hours (since they patched I'm guessing) since the problem has brought up. So far, nothing from tech support via email or the forums. People have even reinstalled FFVII and still have this problem. SE needs to step up and at least acknowledge that there is a problem and they're working on it

Where did all my cloud saves go? I start the day with an e-mail telling me that after wanting to buy it on Steam earlier but only being able to buy it through this crap Digital River, now it IS available on Steam?? I would have bought it there if it was available a few months ago!

But now my cloud saves are gone on my FF7! They just all disappeared. This is crap. Just give us Steam keys, restore our cloud saves, and throw this Digital River crap away.

21. Worked for about an hour, now down again.

Sure hope someone in tech-support is reading this. It is surely happening to many more, however they aren't taking the time to make posts about it.

i can save my games but when i go to use cloud save it just says unavailable. square needs to fix it and not focus on ffxiv beta until the problem is resolved.

[We have recently updated the game to implement a new feature allowing you to turn Cloud Saving on and off. The update will happen automatically when you open the game launcher (while connected), and the option to change your Cloud Saving setting will be in the launcher's Network Settings panel.

However, please note that, once the game is updated, if Cloud Saving is switched off, uninstalling the game at any time will automatically delete any saved games stored locally on your computer's hard drive. If you wish to uninstall the game and keep your saved games, please back them up to another location on your hard drive.

Your local save can be found in the \Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII folder of your Windows user profile.

Alternatively, if you have Cloud Saving switched on, your saved games will continue to be stored online and won't be affected by uninstallation.

The update also includes a Cloud Saving synchronisation progress notification, so you'll be able to clearly see when the game is synchronising with the Cloud server.

Additionally, there is also now a Steam version of FINAL FANTASY VII (which is identical to the Square Enix Store version); anybody purchasing the Steam version of the game and logging in with an existing account will be able to access any Cloud Saves that have already been created with the Square Enix Store version.

Thank you,
    Square Enix Customer Service]

[We have recently updated the game to implement a new feature allowing you to turn Cloud Saving on and off. The update will happen automatically when you open the game launcher (while connected), and the option to change your Cloud Saving setting will be in the launcher's Network Settings panel.

However, please note that, once the game is updated, if Cloud Saving is switched off, uninstalling the game at any time will automatically delete any saved games stored locally on your computer's hard drive. If you wish to uninstall the game and keep your saved games, please back them up to another location on your hard drive.

Your local save can be found in the \Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII folder of your Windows user profile.

Alternatively, if you have Cloud Saving switched on, your saved games will continue to be stored online and won't be affected by uninstallation.

The update also includes a Cloud Saving synchronisation progress notification, so you'll be able to clearly see when the game is synchronising with the Cloud server.

Additionally, there is also now a Steam version of FINAL FANTASY VII (which is identical to the Square Enix Store version); anybody purchasing the Steam version of the game and logging in with an existing account will be able to access any Cloud Saves that have already been created with the Square Enix Store version.

Thank you,

Thank you,

Page 21 of 25 First First ... 11171819202122232425 Last