Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... Last

Thread: FFVII Saving - Question and Issues

FFVII Saving - Question and Issues

FFVII Saving - Question and Issues

Are the games ONLY saved in the cloud? Must I always be connected to play? I don't always have internet when I travel. I have still have my original CD's and have no problems playing that version if I have to.

I would like to know this, too. I dont have a stable internet connection and don't always have access to the cloud. Infact, right now, the launcher is telling me I don't have any connection at all.

I think it can also save locally, because in game i have had it say, cannot reach cloud saving locally, or something like that, so i guess it can save locally.

So with the cloud save system, if I want to play this on another PC do I have to purchase another copy of the game? Or is there a way that I can download the client and log back in w/ my account. I assume it would be possible to do this like for any Blizzard game or other MMO/PC games where you can just download the client and log in with your information. Does anyone have any knowledge on this?

No, you only have to run the installer on the other PC and activate it by punching in the key.

If you are using Windows 7/Vista, then the games saves are in the folder C:\Users\[Username]\Square Enix\Final Fantasy VII\[user_######].

This also stops you from editting your saves, since everytime you hit "Play", the game re-syncs your saves from the cloud.

I am generally satisfied with the quality of the port.
    The backgrounds are ugly, but as it support higher resolutions I'm satisfied with it.

By the way, there is a weird glitch with cloud saves. Every time when I finish saving and go back to main menu, it crashes. At first I assumed it to be Windows firewall's fault meddling with the program, but even after I registered both EXEs(ff7_launcher.exe, ff7_en.exe) it still happens. It must be a glitch associated with cloud saves, and it bugs a hell out of me. Please SE patch this weird bug.

Where can you download the installer without repurchasing the game?

So I've spent a day already trying to find the download link for the game so I could put it on my laptop at work. It only shows up once, when you first purchase, and there is no link to re-download even when you go to your account and look at the games you've bought etc. HORRIBLE SITE. Horrible service. It's been this way with everything "online" Square has ever done.

Now I finally got the game downloaded on my laptop, and I got to the first save point. I choose "save" and then it shows me save slots 1-10, all grayed out. When I choose one to save on it says "save data file not found". No kiddin? Is that maybe because I've never saved?

Can someone here please suggest something so I can play this crappy game with it's crappy midi music and all... before I fly to wherever Square-Enix is located and put a brick through their window? I bet a brick costs me less than $9.99... and it bet it "works as intended" from the start.

And I'm still searching the download link...

www.findmyorder.com/sstore?Action=Displa...

Then put in your order # for the DL link

c:\users\%username%\documents\Square Enix\Final Fantasy VII\user_xxxxxx

Found it! thanks for the point in the right direction!

Originally Posted by imported_Nick
    So I've spent a day already trying to find the download link for the game so I could put it on my laptop at work. It only shows up once, when you first purchase, and there is no link to re-download even when you go to your account and look at the games you've bought etc. HORRIBLE SITE. Horrible service. It's been this way with everything "online" Square has ever done.

Now I finally got the game downloaded on my laptop, and I got to the first save point. I choose "save" and then it shows me save slots 1-10, all grayed out. When I choose one to save on it says "save data file not found". No kiddin? Is that maybe because I've never saved?

Can someone here please suggest something so I can play this crappy game with it's crappy midi music and all... before I fly to wherever Square-Enix is located and put a brick through their window? I bet a brick costs me less than $9.99... and it bet it "works as intended" from the start.
    I have the exact same problem, all grayed out. Crashes occasionaly. Can't really describe my frustration, wish I had read about Square Enix's customer service history. Hopefully this comes out for Steam, and I'll never have to buy anything online from Square Enix ever again.

BUYER BEWARE: Once you buy this game digitally, you have a 30 day window to download, after that you are pretty much out of luck.

I have the game installed at work, and on my home machine. I logged in at work and made some progress, and then it was time to go home. I played quite a bit more last night on my home computer. My cloud saves were available when I ran the game at home. This morning when I came into the office to play a bit more while its dead, i log in, and the cloud saves did not update on this machine. Is there a way I can force a cloud sync so I can continue where i left off?

also, when i log into the game, it shows there is a saved file in the slot from my home machine. When I try to launch that saved slot here at work, it says data is ruined.

Hey Nick , I got the same problem. I played 4 hours with , saved here and there and thought everything had gone well. But my save data weren't syncing with the ones from my profile at all.. I thought it'd fix it if I uninstall the game.. but that didn't help either. Now I gotta play the 4 hrs again... But I won't do unless it is fixed.

i've been looking everywerhere. Is there a way i can contact support for this?

Exact same problem here....

same here, game doesnst sync my progress from a savegame of my 2nd pc today.

When I got home my save file showed that the slot was corrupted. I started back to where I had left off the the night before. Came back to work now the old save is back and my new ones are gone.

Same exact problem here. I'm really starting to regret this whole Re-Release. It's terrible, even the website has gfx glitches all over the place. The Clouds don't work, I had to update the music to decent audio myself, There's a black bar on the bottom of the screen for no reason. GOOOODDD LLLUUUCCCKKKK tryin' to log in to the DRM with Facebook, I would rather find Narnia.

Same issue here. I lost an hour of Gameplay.

Last night, before going to bed nothing had been synced with a couple hours of playtime under my belt. This morning, with no new playtime, only my achievements synced but no save-files. I'm guessing their servers aren't decentralized or the load is overwhelmingly high. Either way, server communication is super slow if it takes all night for maybe 4 achievements to show up on my profile.

I'd like to bump in here with what I've noticed - if you modify or otherwise adjust your saves via any method other than the character booster, you get all sorts of weird bugs.

I haven't been able to sync my files with the cloud for days, which corresponds to when I modified the saves. I take it it's because I have a different checksum or something since I've actually modified the save files.

What I think we need is a way to clear the cloud or at least force the cloud to accept the local files as more relevant and overwrite everything on the cloud, because as it stands I cannot use the cloud saves functionality, and support have said they're 'escalating' it but I am yet to hear back from them. I'd love to hear a solution if there is one..

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... Last