Thread: My Combat Mode Tips & Pointers

My Combat Mode Tips & Pointers

Edit: Oops.
    I'd love to get taken by Harley Quinn and get beaten up. Commissionor Gordon is so lucky.

Originally Posted by MrNussbaum
    I just prefer to use the standing takedown on the knife guys. It gets you 50 points every time and they stay down. If you use the throw and don't get a ring out by chance you only get 25 points and they can still get back up. I usually throw a batarang at the stun baton guys from a distance and they drop them.
    Sometimes you don't want them to stay down. You'll need them to rack up some points.
    I'd love to get taken by Harley Quinn and get beaten up. Commissionor Gordon is so lucky.

Originally Posted by Papa Skull
    Sometimes you don't want them to stay down. You'll need them to rack up some points.
    I always want the knife guys to stay down. It sucks to have a big combo going and accidentally try and hit one of them and you lose your combo. There's never more than two anyway. I usually get the big points with three guys left...batclaw, jump over them as their falling, ground take down two of them (the third should be getting up), jump over him, batclaw, jump over as he's falling, ground takedown. If you got a combo of at least 40 going that's an easy 12,000 points right there.

I don't really care who is up and down. Although the knife/stun baton guys are really annoying.

I especially hate when you batclaw a Stun-baton guy and his stun baton shocks you.

Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    I think throwing someone into the electric fence grants you more points than a ringout, but I'm not sure.
    Electric Fences are a takedown. It is 100 points. I'll add that to my list, good idea.

hello im number 5 in the world for shock and awe extreme and i couldny say these posts better myself

Originally Posted by jabjal
    hello im number 5 in the world for shock and awe extreme and i couldny say these posts better myself
    What do you mean?

What's your gamertag?

I edited my main list, **Update**

*UPDATE*

Edited my list.

Your tips are great and all, but it would be more beneficial if you had the control schemes for both 360 and PS3. If you need help with this let me know!
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

Originally Posted by Nemesis296
    Your tips are great and all, but it would be more beneficial if you had the control schemes for both 360 and PS3. If you need help with this let me know!
    I assume the combat is the same as the PS3, but not the buttons. So just look at the combat moves instead of the buttons I tell you to push.

Love the tips.

I've always found it extemely helpful to make use of the ability to swivel the camera around during the slow motion standing takedowns. It gives you a bit of extra time to survey your surroundings and take note of where particular types of enemies are if you've lost track of them. The slow motion takedowns are a great time to scan and plan your next attack.

I assume the combat is the same as the PS3, but not the buttons. So just look at the combat moves instead of the buttons I tell you to push.
    Cape Stun - Circle
    Counter - Triangle
    Batclaw - R2 Twice
    Batarang - L1 Once
    Strike - Square
    Evade - X Twice
    Throw - X + Square
    Takedown - Triangle + Circle
    Ground Takedown - R2 + Triangle

...there you go
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

Originally Posted by Nemesis296
    Cape Stun - Circle
    Counter - Triangle
    Batclaw - R2 Twice
    Batarang - L1 Once
    Strike - Square
    Evade - X Twice
    Throw - X + Square
    Takedown - Triangle + Circle
    Ground Takedown - R2 + Triangle

...there you go

Thanks

*Updated List*

Hope it turned out okay.

Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    I think throwing someone into the electric fence grants you more points than a ringout, but I'm not sure.
    throwing someone into a fence will only give you 100 no matter what your multiplier is. ring outs take the multiplier into effect.

What do you mean?

What's your gamertag?
    oh my gamertag is TAST3TH3RAINBOW for xbox live but im sure by now it has dropped as i am now playin the ps3 version of this game

oh ya and your tips were good i was just sayin that i was considering doing a possible thread lik this but im 2 selfish to share my secrets so i was applauding you

Oh okay.

Could this thread be stickied as I helped tons of people out with this? It will be a huge future reference.

Anyone know how to ask for one?

i never realised this until i said it out loud to myself: when a goon runs towards you that means he's about to strike.
    simple but really effective.

Originally Posted by totallyboss
    i never realised this until i said it out loud to myself: when a goon runs towards you that means he's about to strike.
    simple but really effective.
    That was really helpful!

Only joking.

Edit: Oops.

Originally Posted by herukuti
    i wish a patch was released for the combat and challenge rooms; make it somewhat accessible for others to get up by like adding just restarting a single round or keeping up with the highest score for a round but those are fairy tale patch ideas. every confrontation is a learning lesson and i fear it will be an endless one unless i figure something special about free-flow combat and how to link moves masterfully, ive tried for the perfect combo but have only maxed out at 7 unique moves and im sure i mixed up some of my matches, definitely an active Zen learning experience.
    free flow sucks!

they need to patch this thing so it's a little easier OR change the level based on your save-
    if your using a easy save then the scores are much lower or no weapon thugs ect ect
    that would cure a lot of frustration with this crappy combo system!

Originally Posted by crimped357
    free flow sucks!

they need to patch this thing so it's a little easier OR change the level based on your save-
    if your using a easy save then the scores are much lower or no weapon thugs ect ect
    that would cure a lot of frustration with this crappy combo system!
    The freeflow combat is far and away the most fun thing in the entire game. It's frustrating to do perfectly, but in a good way; it's a challenge that feels rewarding once you execute it perfectly.

I start almost every round with a batclaw. If you can get the knife guys with it it's even better. That starts you on your way to the perfect variation bonus very nicely since in the heat of the battle the batclaw is often too slow to execute until the very end. You can just arbitrarily do a jump dodge and a cape stun to get those moves, then do a throw and a combat takedown at some point along with a batclaw and there's your 9x variation bonus for 5000 points.

Whenever a thug runs at you, he's going to try to punch you, period. Counter it or dodge it, don't rely on trying to strike him faster than he hits you because batman has this awesome inconsistent tendency to do a 1080 degree flying kick that takes all week to execute and you just get ed over. Also, if you strike one thug standing right next to another, it's common for him to try to hit you before you can react, so you have to expect it.

Throwing an enemy away into a dead area of the map and then ground takedowning him is often a good tactic. Batman will do this acrobatic flying jump onto him and usually you can land it long before another thug gets close to you. Also, batclawing at the end (especially if you still have a respectable combo counter) when there are 3 or fewer enemies is a sure way to get a few ground takedowns. Dodge roll over one of them after you pull them and he goes down immediately, and by the time you ground takedown him the other guys will be down and you can takedown them as well without breaking the combo.

The triple batarang is indispensable when you are fighting the really big groups like on sewer bat extreme or the endless insane night map. You can do it every few seconds and so while it might feel cheap to be able to down 3 guys at a time so often, it's really necessary (especially against the *** bastard lunatics). Use them to hit far away enemies at gun cabinets or pulling those stupid throwable TVs off the walls as well.

Keep the combo up, whatever you do. Even if you have to resort to arbitrary dodge rolling, countering 6 attacks in a row because you're completely surrounded or even restarting the level repeatedly because you keep making stupid errors. The most frustrating example of this is when you see an attack coming when you strike a guy and by accident batman does one of his random AoE kicks and stops the attack, but you still counter because you didn't expect it to be stopped by the strike. It will make you want to throw your PC/360/PS3 out the mother*** window.

Page 2 of 4 First First 1234 Last