Thread: Grapple bug

Grapple bug

Grapple bug

I have noticed quite a few post on the boards about grapple bugs. It seems that a lot of times after you use the claw to pull out a grate you cannot always grapple to it, thus preventing you from moving on. The solution seems to be reload the checkpoint an hope for the best.

Oh come on, how in blazes did this get missed in testing? I've had friends on both the 360 and PS3 encounter this same bug. Hopefully they will address this issue and toss out a patch to correct it. To me this seems like a gamestopper.

Weird. I've never encountered that.

No probs my end PS3 system if it makes any difference...( I think it does.....PS3 rules) Only kidding Xbox dudes...ur systems rock hard too.

Originally Posted by Hall E Woode
    Weird. I've never encountered that.
    Same here, and I have been through the game twice.

Originally Posted by dantivirus
    I have noticed quite a few post on the boards about grapple bugs. It seems that a lot of times after you use the claw to pull out a grate you cannot always grapple to it, thus preventing you from moving on. The solution seems to be reload the checkpoint an hope for the best.

Oh come on, how in blazes did this get missed in testing? I've had friends on both the 360 and PS3 encounter this same bug. Hopefully they will address this issue and toss out a patch to correct it. To me this seems like a gamestopper.
    Crouch, then grapple. I've run into this a few times. I guess the game feels that you can climb there instead of grapple (which you can do), but crouching increases the distance, and allows you to use the grapple.
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

The game doesn't show the grapple icon because you can climb up to it instead.
    Poor little Batman. YOU'RE IN MY WORLD NOW! - Scarecrow, Batman: Arkham Asylum

I have never ran into that bug before and I am currently on my second play through.
    XBOX 360 Gamer Tag:
    http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/Stargate21.png

Originally Posted by Stargate21
    I have never ran into that bug before and I am currently on my second play through.
    ditto.

Originally Posted by Turn and Face the Strange
    The game doesn't show the grapple icon because you can climb up to it instead.
    I don't know about that. There's a low stone wall, about 9-10 feet tall (outside somewhere, I forget where exactly) that shows the grapple icon and that you can also climb.

It happens off and on, for example, the grate outside the mansion you have to remove then grapple to..I can remove it but it won't let me grapple to it. Now it's happening in the second encounter with Scarecrow...it won't let me grapple the upper wall by the gears.

It happens off and on, for example, the grate outside the mansion you have to remove then grapple to..I can remove it but it won't let me grapple to it. Now it's happening in the second encounter with Scarecrow...it won't let me grapple the upper wall by the gears.
    Lol. You sir are an idiot. You have the leaked PC version and are asking for help here? This dude is a pirate close this.
    This is not a bug. Eidos did this on purpose for pirates like your self.

How the heck do I have a pirated version when it's on the 360? What the heck are you talking about?

Good lord, check you damn facts before accusing someone of something.

As to Eidos doing this on purpose...show me where they posted such? Every game site on in the world would be posting about such if it happened.

How the heck do I have a pirated version when it's on the 360?
    Clueless troll is clueless.

Imo wait for the full game. I know I will buy it cause I like paying for products that prove their value.

Bye now

It seems that a lot of times after you use the claw to pull out a grate you cannot always grapple to it

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    Please, do not post ways to circumvent the demo limitations.