Thread: George Newbern or Tim Daly?

George Newbern or Tim Daly?

George Newbern or Tim Daly?

Which Superman voice actor do you prefer? Personally, I like Newbern. But that may be because I watched more Justice League than I did STAS.
    Batman: Arkham Asylum Hype Trailer
    "I'll never let you win, Joker... Never"

I'm more familiar with George Newbern, but really both of them are great voice actors'. I kinda wanna wait with choosing since Superman|Batman: Public Enemies is out in like a week or so. ^^

Haha, I had a strong feeling you'd be the first to comment on this thread.
    Batman: Arkham Asylum Hype Trailer
    "I'll never let you win, Joker... Never"

I prefer Daly, most likely because I watched more STAS than the JL

I like Tim Daly personally. But Newbern is really good too.

I like them both, for sure. But Daly a bit better, I like his voice it sounds like a generic super hero, lol jk.

I like the both

I too like both Tim Daly and George Newbern. I grew up with the latter, but I still appreciate the skill of the former. I think that they both are different in that they bring different elements to their voice acting that is essential to Superman's character. Tim Daly portrays more of a calm, Midwestern sensibility that is essential to the role of Clark Kent and Superman. He sound like the Kansan farm boy, which Superman after all is. Newbern, however, is able to portray a more assertive, sense of morality and ethics that comes across in his voice, which is also essential to the Superman persona. And although Daly did come first (1996-2000), Newbern did voice him for longer (2001-2006). For me, they are both amazing at portraying Superman and are interchangeable as the voice of the Man of Steel. It just depends on what kind of Superman you want to portray. In my opinion, if you want a Superman that conveys a human element with limitations and at the same time able to project strength, morality, and protective instincts, you go with Daly. But for a more action-oriented, assertive Superman, who looks for justice in the face of any obstacle, you go with Newbern.

Find a white lantern!Someone's reviving dead threads!

But anyway,welcome to Arkham.
    signature image

Both are really good, but I prefer Daly. Just like I prefer John Glovers Riddler to Wally Wingert, but Wally is growing on me.
    Whatever happened to the American dream? It came true, you're looking at it .