Page 3 of 9 First First 1234567 ... Last

Thread: The Official Speed Run and High Scores video thread! Wooo!

The Official Speed Run and High Scores video thread! Wooo!

I just got 47.04 on the Survival Tactics (Normal) on PS3 - Rank 4!!
    And I got 1:03 on the Invisible Predator (Normal) on PS3 - Rank 10!!

Damn this is addicting!
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

Originally Posted by SinisterRellik
    Hi all, seems like alotta ppl are loving these challenges on arkham asylum. Im hoping that perhaps i could get some pointers from the best, and would be more then happy to give advice to anyone with questions on strategies and times. Nice to meet you all.
    Been playing challenge mode like a fiend for the past week. At the moment the most impressive of my leaderboard scores are on silent knight extreme. Im #2 at 49.45. I literally spent most of last night (and early morning) trying to beat that 48.79 score. After about 1000 attempts (no exaggeration) i managed to get second place at 51.38,i think, then today i was bumped to third by womb of dread with a time of 51.02. After a hella lot of patience i managed to take second again today with an awesome time of 49.45. No matter how fast and efficient ive been i just cant hit that 48 second mark.
    Im doing pretty good on a couple of the other extreme challenges , in top 100 of most of the predator missions, rank 18 on invisible predator, and 74 on record breaker,i suck at the combat missions though.....I dont have any videos atm but i was hoping i could get some expert advice on some of the challenges that i just cant figure out how to cut those few important seconds on.
    For example, invisible predator, no matter how flawless i do it, i cant get less then 1.03. I just cant figure out how those top guys manage to get in the 50 second range. Is it a different strategy? Any ideas?
    I just got 48.79 seconds. Rank #2 on XBL!!!!

2nd on the Dem Bones map (ps3) thats good enough for me till i get bump down that is.

Originally Posted by J0KER
    I just got 48.79 seconds. Rank #2 on XBL!!!!
    I am 6th right now on silent knight extreme for xbl, I have literally tried like 1000 time but cannot get past 51 sec. How do you do it, this is something that is really annoying me.

blah...
    I give up getting first on Invisible Predator extreme (my highest is 54.80 seconds); does anyone know a strat for this map that could help me get it under 50 seconds?

Iono how you guys do Silent Knight extreme; that one is really annoying. Is it me or does the ai seem more random on that map than any other?

I wanna know who these guys getting 25 sec's in silent knight are. It's not possible! By the time you reach a guy or a wall or a gargoyle, you've already burned up about 15-17 sec. Then by the time you get to the other guys it takes to long. Does it matter if the enemy see's you and you don't get all the medal's, can you just beat them all up asap and still get on the leaderboard? Is this a hacked time by one of these loser's that just can't play a game (worst part of online is hackers and glitchers). Or is this the work of some super batman player person? If so, kudo;s to you man/woman, That's awesome!

Originally Posted by lickitup1
    I wanna know who these guys getting 25 sec's in silent knight are. It's not possible! By the time you reach a guy or a wall or a gargoyle, you've already burned up about 15-17 sec. Then by the time you get to the other guys it takes to long. Does it matter if the enemy see's you and you don't get all the medal's, can you just beat them all up asap and still get on the leaderboard? Is this a hacked time by one of these loser's that just can't play a game (worst part of online is hackers and glitchers). Or is this the work of some super batman player person? If so, kudo;s to you man/woman, That's awesome!
    Are you running or walking? I can take out the first guy within 8 seconds. That's grappling to a gargoyle and gliding down for a silent takedown on him.

I see Nemesis is up there, didn't recognize the 28 second people. I'm way behind on 3 mins or so still leaving me at around 6000 on the leaderboards lol

Originally Posted by Jay Prospero
    I see Nemesis is up there, didn't recognize the 28 second people. I'm way behind on 3 mins or so still leaving me at around 6000 on the leaderboards lol
    Oh yea I did get like 47 or 49 secs didn't I? Haha I almost forgot about that one, it was a few days ago. Part of it is unfortunately luck-based...which lots of people will gripe about. I've noticed that sometimes thugs will notice me and other times they wont. Depending on how "nervous" a thug is, or where he is standing at EXACTLY the point you detonate something or alert them, they will either come running, find their buddy, or decide to not come at all. If any of the variable combinations happen, it's almost impossible without sheer dumb luck to get a blazing time. I managed to pull the last 3 guys over a ledge with the Batclaw after getting the 3 takedowns I needed. I did it so fast it kinda scared me

Although I do try to do it quickly as possible, I do still enjoy good old fashioned taking your time and stalking the prey lol

Although I do try to do it quickly as possible, I do still enjoy good old fashioned taking your time and stalking the prey lol
    Oh me too for sure! Yesterday I tried to see the most guys I could take out with one Explosive Gel...by blowing them off a railing.

With the gel I like taking a guy out next to a breakable wall that's already primed from behind and waiting for his mates to all gather round and then take them all out at once lol

With the gel I like taking a guy out next to a breakable wall that's already primed from behind and waiting for his mates to all gather round and then take them all out at once lol
    Have you actually killed them all at once though? I've only managed 7 of 8. I've also figured out that you have to be detected in some cases to speed up the enemies coming to where you booby trap stuff. Grates work like a charm for getaways too if you can find them. Prime examples, grates in Survival Tactics and in Invisible Predator.

5 is my highest, will have to get them to come to me and try all 8 lol

5 is my highest, will have to get them to come to me and try all 8 lol
    I think the only map this is possible is the Invisible Predator map. Good luck!

I just finished two more videos of me beating the Sewer Bat and the Intensive Treatment challlenge maps. I have decided that I'm going to do every map in order. I might not do any of the Invisible Predator maps on video. Only because there are so many videos already, that and because everyone uses them to try to get on the leader boards. In any case, here is my scores for the two challenges.

I'm only good by comparison...

woot~
    ranked in first for the ps3 Invisible Predator (extreme) with 41.17 seconds ^^
    ...sigh... in like 3 days someone will beat my score...

6th in the world for Shock And Awe EXTREME!!

Bring it on!!

My gamertag is the same as my username. Go look at the leaderboards and I'm up there.
    I'd love to get taken by Harley Quinn and get beaten up. Commissionor Gordon is so lucky.

Originally Posted by dejeckt
    woot~
    ranked in first for the ps3 Invisible Predator (extreme) with 41.17 seconds ^^
    ...sigh... in like 3 days someone will beat my score...
    That's seriously crazy. What can be done to save time? I'm guessing the position of the final thugs is crucial here.

Originally Posted by Dave1988
    That's seriously crazy. What can be done to save time? I'm guessing the position of the final thugs is crucial here.
    It's not that hard to do...but it takes a lot of luck. This video helped me out a bunch
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPbOTyW3ywk
    this method is prolly the only way you could've beaten Rastah85 record and I thank 'killertwinkie' for posting the video up.
    I basically copied his strat, but...
    -Instead of jumping down the stairs after grappling 3 guys I used the line gun to get across
    -After I pulled out the the floor of the control room I ran a bit next to pillar (near the catwalk)
    -Grappled the three remaining guys (the ideal outcome is two guys falling off the railing and a guard get pulled in close enough to you to get the 'terror' medal)
    Hope this is somewhat helpful, if I can get my hands on a camera or something I post up a vid of what I'm talking about.

Currently I'm at 36ish seconds ^^, at least Rastah85 isn't dominating the PS3 charts (for awhile).

Originally Posted by dejeckt
    It's not that hard to do...but it takes a lot of luck. This video helped me out a bunch
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPbOTyW3ywk
    this method is prolly the only way you could've beaten Rastah85 record and I thank 'killertwinkie' for posting the video up.
    I basically copied his strat, but...
    -Instead of jumping down the stairs after grappling 3 guys I used the line gun to get across
    -After I pulled out the the floor of the control room I ran a bit next to pillar (near the catwalk)
    -Grappled the three remaining guys (the ideal outcome is two guys falling off the railing and a guard get pulled in close enough to you to get the 'terror' medal)
    Hope this is somewhat helpful, if I can get my hands on a camera or something I post up a vid of what I'm talking about.

Currently I'm at 36ish seconds ^^, at least Rastah85 isn't dominating the PS3 charts (for awhile).
    That's a nice strategy. Will have to try it out.

Originally Posted by Papa Skull
    6th in the world for Shock And Awe EXTREME!!

Bring it on!!

My gamertag is the same as my username. Go look at the leaderboards and I'm up there.
    I'm coming for that score...
    I'm only good by comparison...

Originally Posted by BLOODED HERO
    I'm coming for that score...
    Run Papa Skull !
    GT:CRA2ED PENGUIN PSN:JokerHere "Did anyone hear about an escaped patient hunting down guards ? No ? Stick Around" - The Joker

hi can any one tell me how 2 get a fast time on both survival tactics plz iz doin my head in

Originally Posted by readthemotto
    hi can any one tell me how 2 get a fast time on both survival tactics plz iz doin my head in
    Thats the regular Surrvival Tactics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GORG...eature=related

And here's the extreme :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvPfaNrAYUY

They may not get you into the top 100, but you'll definetly be in the top 3000 and have all the medals.

EDIT: Just did it in 1:02 and am now 125 on the leaderboard for Survival tactics regular. It should have been 59 seconds but I screwed up with a takedown.
    GT:CRA2ED PENGUIN PSN:JokerHere "Did anyone hear about an escaped patient hunting down guards ? No ? Stick Around" - The Joker

Page 3 of 9 First First 1234567 ... Last