Page 2 of 9 First First 123456 ... Last

Thread: The Official Speed Run and High Scores video thread! Wooo!

The Official Speed Run and High Scores video thread! Wooo!

I just had a go of a couple of challenge maps, no way am I gonna get up in the top 100 lol

13 seconds is the top on of the Joker ones 0_o

Anyone able to do the first silent pred mission in 28secs or whatever the high score is? I've not been able to figure out how to get it that fast
    XB Live: Reece619 PSN: Reecio

For the Survival Tactics challange map I'm #23 on the (Xbox 360) leaderboards!

My rank has dropped to 7th for Silent Knight Extreme Challenge map on XBox LIVE. My 12 year old brother mastered my method of doing it and is ranked first with a time of... I think 48 seconds?

Damn How can i break arms and trrw people like that? Ive seen some moves in those videos i did not do in the game.. and i just finished it.

I'm currently 4th or 5th on the PS3 charts for Invisible Predator (extreme); I'm using a little variation on the strategy that is posted on youtube by triforce. I wanna try to attain a time less then 50 seconds. Any of you guys know how Rastah85 did Invisible Predator (extreme) run under 46 seconds? I'm thinking of instead of hiding and throwing batarangs at the two remaining guards I will just run to them (hopefully one of em gets scared), grapple, and knock out.

Originally Posted by dejeckt
    I'm currently 4th or 5th on the PS3 charts for Invisible Predator (extreme); I'm using a little variation on the strategy that is posted on youtube by triforce. I wanna try to attain a time less then 50 seconds. Any of you guys know how Rastah85 did Invisible Predator (extreme) run under 46 seconds? I'm thinking of instead of hiding and throwing batarangs at the two remaining guards I will just run to them (hopefully one of em gets scared), grapple, and knock out.

Won't work.

Shock and Awe [Extreme] is the only thing that's killing me right now.
    Batman: Arkham Asylum Hype Trailer
    "I'll never let you win, Joker... Never"

Originally Posted by EliteF50
    Shock and Awe [Extreme] is the only thing that's killing me right now.
    The problem with shock and awe is generally just the time constraints. I got after about 40 mins after the timer on the 4th round had gone. I found immediately going up to the right platform after round 2 keeps all the guys in your general area so you can keep doing takedowns and throwing people off. Also, batclawing stun rod guys then jumping over them will cause them to lose their stun rods when they run into the wall. Other than that, keep doing takedowns, and really try hard not to lose the combo since that's valuable seconds lost.

My best so far was shock and awe regular, was rated 10th at one point.

Randomly, anyone else seeing the guy with 53 mil on S&A regular with no medals? Think its bugging out because its showing him in 2nd and me in 1st even though im now 77th.

What's the fastest time for Silent Knight Extreme on the PS3? My brother's first place for XBL (it's really bloating his 12 year old ego), and he's curious as to how he ranks up against the PS3.

Just yesterday he asked me if I wanted him to play on my account so I'd get a higher rank. The nerve of this kid. I'm the one who in showed him how to do it; he just played it all day and night because he's only 12 and has nothing else to do all day and managed to pull what I imagine was a perfect run at 48 seconds.

The PS3 score for Silent Knight (extreme) I think is around 54 seconds; overall I think there are better ranked people on 360 (assuming that Batman AA sold more copies on 360)

Well, I already put in my video from the Crime Alley Challenge DLC. So, I thought I would also post a video of the Scarecrow Nightmare or Dem Bones Challenge DLC. I am in 26th place as of now. I don't intend to get any higher up in the boards, but hey, anything is possible.

I'm only good by comparison...

Lightbulb 30 Seconds

Originally Posted by Rade88
    Uh no you don't =/ It's a pre-order bonus from certain stores.

Currently I'm ranked 14th on the Silent Knight map, with a time of 0.38.22. I'm trying to get 1st, but the time for that 0.27.84! I thought my way was pretty fast, I have no idea how you're able to beat it under 30 seconds.
    I can get 30 seconds flat if done perfectly, but i don't know how he got 27.84 seconds.

1) Assassinate the guy above you when u first start. (FIRST MEDAL)
    2) Use the Sonic Batarang on the guy standing beside the breakable wall on the opposite side of the map.
    3) Get on top the middle gargoyle (left side), use the quick batarang on the guy right below you and jump down to take him out. (SECOND MEDAL)
    4) Get back on the gargoyle and fly down to the breakable wall where you took out the guy with the sonic batarang, blow up the wall quickly as possible. (THIRD MEDAL)

If done correctly you should never get under the 34 second mark, I get 31-32 seconds on average. As for getting under 27.84 seconds... the only room for improvement in this stragety would probably be to find a quicker way to get from the guy you assassinated to the guy you quick batarang. Iv tried to find a faster way from the guy you quick batarang to the breakable wall by: A) Going directly over the wall instead of using the middle gargoyle; -Why it didn't work?- Because they see you if you fall straight down and every time I try to jump I end up either on top of the wall or too far in the opposite corner of it.
    B) Using the gargoyle right on top of the breakable wall; -Why didn't it work?- Because when u try to jump down you land behind the pipe thing on the ground and you have to walk around it; you can't jump down the other side because they will see you. I hope this small guide helps you to beat your previous time.

If anyone thinks of a quicker way to save time, even just 1 second please send me an email!!! -- Kinghenery@gmail.com --

15th on scarcrow map(ps3) aiming for number one lot of work

Exclamation These challenges are crazy!

Hi all, seems like alotta ppl are loving these challenges on arkham asylum. Im hoping that perhaps i could get some pointers from the best, and would be more then happy to give advice to anyone with questions on strategies and times. Nice to meet you all.
    Been playing challenge mode like a fiend for the past week. At the moment the most impressive of my leaderboard scores are on silent knight extreme. Im #2 at 49.45. I literally spent most of last night (and early morning) trying to beat that 48.79 score. After about 1000 attempts (no exaggeration) i managed to get second place at 51.38,i think, then today i was bumped to third by womb of dread with a time of 51.02. After a hella lot of patience i managed to take second again today with an awesome time of 49.45. No matter how fast and efficient ive been i just cant hit that 48 second mark.
    Im doing pretty good on a couple of the other extreme challenges , in top 100 of most of the predator missions, rank 18 on invisible predator, and 74 on record breaker,i suck at the combat missions though.....I dont have any videos atm but i was hoping i could get some expert advice on some of the challenges that i just cant figure out how to cut those few important seconds on.
    For example, invisible predator, no matter how flawless i do it, i cant get less then 1.03. I just cant figure out how those top guys manage to get in the 50 second range. Is it a different strategy? Any ideas?

forgot to mention, im playing the 360 version....

That 48 second time is my little brother. He perfected my method, as previously mentioned. I'm sorry to say it, but if you plan on beating that you better do it soon. I've almost hit 45 seconds about 6 times now, but every time I make one little mistake (probably from anticipation). I only make a few attempts per day, but it probably won't be long now. I'm ranked 8th I think. Pilo T 000.

Originally Posted by Vigilance
    That 48 second time is my little brother. He perfected my method, as previously mentioned. I'm sorry to say it, but if you plan on beating that you better do it soon. I've almost hit 45 seconds about 6 times now, but every time I make one little mistake (probably from anticipation). I only make a few attempts per day, but it probably won't be long now. I'm ranked 8th I think. Pilo T 000.
    What part of your run can you speed up? The best I got with it was 50 seconds.

I would love to see videos in this thread and scores/times/tactics in another thread. Right now, if you ignore the OP, there are 4 videos in 2 pages.

woot~ got 2nd place on Invisible Predator (extreme) on the PS3 charts with 55 seconds. Still gotta figure out Rastah85 method; I'm late for class TT

Originally Posted by SinisterRellik
    Hi all, seems like alotta ppl are loving these challenges on arkham asylum. Im hoping that perhaps i could get some pointers from the best, and would be more then happy to give advice to anyone with questions on strategies and times. Nice to meet you all.
    Been playing challenge mode like a fiend for the past week. At the moment the most impressive of my leaderboard scores are on silent knight extreme. Im #2 at 49.45. I literally spent most of last night (and early morning) trying to beat that 48.79 score. After about 1000 attempts (no exaggeration) i managed to get second place at 51.38,i think, then today i was bumped to third by womb of dread with a time of 51.02. After a hella lot of patience i managed to take second again today with an awesome time of 49.45. No matter how fast and efficient ive been i just cant hit that 48 second mark.
    Im doing pretty good on a couple of the other extreme challenges , in top 100 of most of the predator missions, rank 18 on invisible predator, and 74 on record breaker,i suck at the combat missions though.....I dont have any videos atm but i was hoping i could get some expert advice on some of the challenges that i just cant figure out how to cut those few important seconds on.
    For example, invisible predator, no matter how flawless i do it, i cant get less then 1.03. I just cant figure out how those top guys manage to get in the 50 second range. Is it a different strategy? Any ideas?
    If you talking about Invisible Predator (extreme) then I suggest...
    - grapple up to the ledge
    - stay up there and time the shock part just right
    - stay up there and pull the three guys
    - use line gun to zip towards the place where u need to pull two guys from under
    - after knocking out the two guys in control room run about halfway of the catwalk
    - batarang the two remaining guys
    - knockout one and wait for the other to get terror medal and knock him out too

hope this helps

Originally Posted by tic2000
    I would love to see videos in this thread and scores/times/tactics in another thread. Right now, if you ignore the OP, there are 4 videos in 2 pages.
    I got two of them, I'm working on the third and forth.
    I'm only good by comparison...

Got 1:00 on Invisible Predator (Extreme) - Rank 6 in XBL
    Got 53:04 on Silent Knight (Extreme) - Rank 8 in XBL

Damn, 45 seconds , seriously? Well the biggest problem i have had is getting the medal for the triple wall KO. After i managed to get 51 seconds i started lookin online for tips, and i believe it was your video that helped me a bunch. Their have been several times that i should have won in 46 seconds and i swear the damn game cheats me lol. Ill be standing on top of the ledge waiting to detonate the bomb at about 38 seconds, then i hit the detonator, and i watch the 3 guys get Ko'd, and im in mid air make contact about with the dive kick 42-43 seconds, and boom, it doesnt give me credit for the 3 wall kills and my score doesnt count.... thats the main reason why it took me sooooo many attempts to get the 49. Im starting to get better at the bomb placement, in the video u posted, the screen was so dark i couldnt quite see where you were placing them. Im proud of myself for being able to "solve the puzzle" with the best of em out there. The only thing that ive been doing differently is instead of grappling up to the bridge and zipping through the window at exactly 10 seconds, i grapple directly to the ledge above and zip immediatly which has me going through the window at 6-7 seconds instead, thus shaving off a little bit of time. Thats how i was able to achieve 49 seconds, but i cant seem to do better at the moment.

Thanks for the tip deject. I think i see the flaw in what i was doing. I was doing the run nearly the same as you suggested, but i was waiting at the pillar near the control room, for the guards to come, then id double batarang them when they got about halfway down the walkway to toward the control room. If i sneak fast enough to the corner at the begining of said walkway, and knock them out there, i should be able to shave several seconds off my time. So obvious how did i not think of that sooner ? still i dont think thats gonna get me 52 seconds... but deff better then 1.03.

Page 2 of 9 First First 123456 ... Last