Thread: Rumble in the jungle (Extreme)

Rumble in the jungle (Extreme)

Rumble in the jungle (Extreme)

This is littlerally the last challenge i have to do before i have 100% the game but i have a hard tim getting even 2 battarangs does andy on have any tips that might make this a little bit easier?

What? What do you mean about batarangs?

Originally Posted by Vigilance
    What? What do you mean about batarangs?
    ...thats the rating system

so in order to completly pass a challenge you need 3 batarangs (think of them like stars where as 3 stars is the max) and i have trouble getting two batarangs

Ah, I thought you were talking about using batarangs as weapons. I know about the 3 batarangs, I just think of them as medals. The key to success in challenge maps is practicing so that you basically have the fight choreographed. It kind of takes the fun out of it, but once you get the score you're satisfied with, you can go back to doing things your way (this is true even more so in invisible predator maps).

Use ALL of the moves batman has in each combo you perform. A variation of 8 moves is worth 3500 points (only gotten that a few times) at the end of the round. If you don't get hurt through all 3 rounds, you'll get the perfect knight bonus of 5000, plus 500 for each round you didn't get hurt.

I think there are 4 rounds in this challenge yes? (only done it once I think, not even sure if I completed it). So if you were to, ideally, get all these bonuses, that'd be 3500 x 4 + 500 x 4 + 5000. That's 21,000 points WITHOUT even considering combo multipliers and strike points, etc...

There's also the bonus which I find to be the hardest in big rooms, and that's the Flawless Freeflow bonus of a measly 1000 points. Obviously, though, if you can pull it off it's gonna help, and that's basically once you start your attack, you don't stop, AT ALL, until everyone's incapacitated. I can do it once or twice on Intensive Treatment, but it's difficult for me to do.

Also note that the dive and roll (or jumping OVER someone) counts as part of a combo AND part of a variation, so I like to use it to put some space between me and the attackers, then toss 3 batarangs towards the group, taking 3 opponents down, increasing my variation bonus and keeping my combo going. I usually do that after doing cape stun on the knife fighters and then countering an attack that's sure to start while I'm in the cape stun. Right there you've already got half of the 8 attack variation.

EDIT: Don't forget about the batclaw. When you start a wave with lots of goons, double tap the right trigger to do the batclaw (ultra batclaw pwns). It'll take out 3 guys at once (if you don't hit them, they'll still fall over for a few seconds) and be a good start to your combo. It's also an alternative to the diveandroll + batarang combo.

The batclaw will also add to the variation bonus if you can incorporate it, and if you can get the variation x9 bonus, which includes counter, throw, takedown, ground takedown, jump, cape stun, combo batarang throw, batclaw grab and regular hits/critical hits, you get an extra 5000 points at the end of the round which is hard to do, but can really help.

another big thing is too make sure you do all 9 variations because ur score is determined through number of hits x variation. that way u get a high score here's a list of the variations

variaiton score. 3-25, 4-50, 5-75, 6-100, 7-150, 8-200, 9-250

1. strike 360 - x ps3 - square
    2. counter 360 - y ps3 triangle
    3. cape stun 360 - b ps3 circle
    4. dodge/roll 360 - a ps3 x
    5. batarang 360 - tap left trigger ps3 tap L1 *have to purchase combo batarang upgrade first *double/triple batarang upgrade applies to this
    6. combo throw 360 - x+a ps3 square+x *must buy upgrade first
    7. combo takedown 360 - y+b ps3 triangle+circle *must buy upgrade first
    8. ground takedown 360 - right bumper+y ps3 - R2+triangle
    9. batclaw grab 360 - double tap right bumper ps3 - double tap R2 *only after u acquire batclaw in story mode *ultra batclaw upgrade applies to this
    one IMPORTANT note is also when u do the batclaw grab and follow it up with a strike, batarang, combo takedown or groundtakedown it counts as 2 HITS

9 variation is the highest, right? The perfect combo?

thats what ive seen so far im not sure but the explosive gel might count to but i personally dont use it cause its too slow to apply while in the middle of a fight with 5+ guys

I don't think Line Launcher, Remote Batarang, Sonic Batarang or Explosive Gel count towards variation/perfect combo. I think only things that have quick executions are considered, and the other gadgets, while you CAN use them in any mode, aren't intended for combat situations.

ya yur probably right if their was a upgrade to quick apply the gel it would be awesome but it only seems to work if u booby trap a area before u lure the guys in to fight. would also be awesome if u could use the gel the way batman does in the final boss fight without it hurting u

No, the variation max is only 9, no zip lines or gels needed. I am in the same situation as you OP, I'm having trouble reaching two batarangs, its impossible to get the perfect knight bonus because of the two titan henchmen in the end. God, this is so frustrating.

MORE double titans i hate them in the main story why would they do that in a challenge map, oh well better than having to fight three i guess

i like fighting titans they are actually somewhat of a challange not to hard but still i need the predertor room in the medical facilty i find it impossible to destroy 3 different walls with 3 thugs at the same time

u dont have to just apply the gel to walls it can also be used on the ground its awesome when u get the upgraded when it detonates when an enemy comes close

Originally Posted by king001
    i like fighting titans they are actually somewhat of a challange not to hard but still i need the predertor room in the medical facilty i find it impossible to destroy 3 different walls with 3 thugs at the same time
    I quickly ran to the roof of the one building gel that roof, glide to the far wall climb over and gel that wall with the guy behind it. then go back down to the ground floor and gel the far left wall (go through the vent to get here) and wait for a guy to go near that area and sonic batarng near the far left wall and he'll then go there.

Then detonate all 3 walls at once. (Really though one is a roof ), but it still works.

EDIT: let me know if that made any sense. its 12:08 and I'm kinda tired. lol
    Only stupid people have signatures... oh wait!!
    PSN: CJon

Originally Posted by king001
    wat u should do is get on top of that room with the explosive ceiling and spray gel then do it to the other room where the guy is always standing in front of then go down to the bottom floor and the find the other wall were u spray the gel but dont do it make sure u go to the other side of the bottom floor (where u start out) and open the grate in that room and spray the gel on the other side of the wall so that it will blow into the thug then go into the middle of the bottom floor and throw a sonic batarand near the wall and make them all explode. But this will only work if there are all still calm and not nervous because if they are one of the thugs will not stay under the explosive ceiling. hope that helped

Originally Posted by Duckofdoom93
    This is littlerally the last challenge i have to do before i have 100% the game but i have a hard tim getting even 2 battarangs does andy on have any tips that might make this a little bit easier?
    yes please i need help too i cant even get 2 batarangs either and while im fighting im so preocuppied with keeping my combo i cant remember to do all the variation attacks

I'll upload a video of a successful Medical Facility Speed Run later.

ok i dont know how i did it but i finally beat rumble in the jungle extreme i was sitting there for hours doing it over and over and finally beat it but it was probably luck now i have 100 % on everything and only need 3 more acheivements to have all 47

Originally Posted by guitardude456
    wat u should do is get on top of that room with the explosive ceiling and spray gel then do it to the other room where the guy is always standing in front of then go down to the bottom floor and the find the other wall were u spray the gel but dont do it make sure u go to the other side of the bottom floor (where u start out) and open the grate in that room and spray the gel on the other side of the wall so that it will blow into the thug then go into the middle of the bottom floor and throw a sonic batarand near the wall and make them all explode. But this will only work if there are all still calm and not nervous because if they are one of the thugs will not stay under the explosive ceiling. hope that helped

Thanks it worked perfectly.

This is the last challenge room I have to do. I need to get the 50,000 points to complete the game 100%
    So far, I haven't even managed to get the minimal 30,000. I'm struggling with it at the moment.

Originally Posted by SSJGoku786
    This is the last challenge room I have to do. I need to get the 50,000 points to complete the game 100%
    So far, I haven't even managed to get the minimal 30,000. I'm struggling with it at the moment.
    I think you know how to handle the regular guys, but the Titan rooms need a slightly different strategy. I just forget about the bonuses in those rooms, and I make sure I don't hit too many thugs until I batarang a Titan and get him dizzy. If you're good, you can get at least a good 20 hits on goons while riding a Titan, then I start to use the takedowns.

The takedowns have a great 50x multiplier (five times as much as a normal strike), and if you're able to pull one off at 20, it's an easy 1000 points. Try to get it gold again with 2 strikes, and you'll be able to consistently get 1000+ points for every takedown.

Don't be too concerned with your varation bonus during the two rounds with titans. Just focus on a high combo. The evade move is your best friend in this room since you can jump over the titans. It means you can move past them without stopping your combo. That's how i got it.

Originally Posted by Rich Tan
    I think you know how to handle the regular guys, but the Titan rooms need a slightly different strategy. I just forget about the bonuses in those rooms, and I make sure I don't hit too many thugs until I batarang a Titan and get him dizzy. If you're good, you can get at least a good 20 hits on goons while riding a Titan, then I start to use the takedowns.

The takedowns have a great 50x multiplier (five times as much as a normal strike), and if you're able to pull one off at 20, it's an easy 1000 points. Try to get it gold again with 2 strikes, and you'll be able to consistently get 1000+ points for every takedown.
    Originally Posted by Chatterbox
    Don't be too concerned with your varation bonus during the two rounds with titans. Just focus on a high combo. The evade move is your best friend in this room since you can jump over the titans. It means you can move past them without stopping your combo. That's how i got it.
    Thanks guys. I'll have another crack at it later.
    I think I was focusing on the variation bonus too much. But kept ending up getting caught out, anyway.

I use the instant takedowns, but sometimes end up getting trampled down and ruining my combo score.
    I'll try riding the Titans to knock down the thugs first. I didn't know you could get so many points for the takedowns, thanks.

I've only had a few goes, and so far I haven't even managed to break the 30,000 minimum point barrier. But, I'll keep trying.

There is usually a point in the Titan rounds when the one Titan goes down dizzy, and the two Titans both go down dizzy (since they charge one after the other). During this time is a good time to build your X9 combo. The Titans will recover, and next time they go down, ride em and when you get off immediately start chaining again...oh, and watch those gun lockers like a hawk.