Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Batman PC Game: Controller or Keyboard

Batman PC Game: Controller or Keyboard

Exclamation Batman PC Game: Controller or Keyboard

Greetings everyone,,

i will buy this game for pc but i don't know if i should get a controller or not since in the demo the keys where very weird to handle,, and weird to play with,,

now with controller i think it should be easier,, ofcourse a xbox 360 controller since i don't know if a ps3 controller fits on pc and on the demo the game showed a xbox controller..

now my question is should i play with

1. keyboard
    2. controller

*edit: somehow i don't see the option in my advanced stuff to create a poll,, so "1" for Keyboard and "2" for controller

controller definitely

Personally, it depends on your preference. I prefer mouse and keyboard, but the controls in the demo were a bit wonky because I had been used to the controller from the Xbox and PS3 demos. If you're going to use a controller though, I reccommend the 360 one since it is directly compatible with the game. People have mentioned problems with the sticks being reversed with other gamepads.
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

Indeed the pc controllers where abbit wonky like you say =)

thx for the info about the other gamepads,, makes my mind good =)

I played the demo for the consoles first, then the PC. At first I loathed the keyboard/mouse....it just felt broken....BUT after playing through many times to experiment with different settings.mods etc.....I much prefer the keayboard/mouse. I have a wired 360 controller and I can do things much more fluid and badass than with the controller. Its just a learning curve, this game has a sort of unique control scheme, you just gotta get used to it, after my third go around or so, I can easily complete the demo un harmed using various tactics each time. I have a 360 controller, but I doubt I'll use it much for the final version that needs to hurry up and get here already!

just bought my controller for computer,, i play several other games to with it now but,, in batman i think i'll need to get used to it,, since the jumping from gargoyle to gargoyle with mouse & keyboard is easier ,, some other stuff are easier with controller,,

altho you turn faster around to with your mouse for example when fighting some enemy's but i'll think i need to get used to it,,

i'll see what i use,, they both have there pro's and contra's

I use a 360 controller but this game is supposed to handle nicely on a keyboard and mouse-.

M+K. Having finished the 360 version I find the M+K on the PC demo a lot more intuitive for me.

KB/Mouse is way more precise.

KB/Mouse might not be as intuitive initially as an x360 controller, but after about 10 minutes of using KB/Mouse you should come to find that it is way more precise and a lot simpler to use than a controller.

For instance, Batman himself doesn't have to be facing an enemy before you decide to punch an enemy, only the camera does. Having the camera tied to a mouse, you get a variable speed on how fast you can move the camera (basically limited to how fast you can move your mouse.) Using twitch reflexes, you can hit someone in front of you and then instantly spin the camera 180 degrees and click to attack an enemy 10-20 feet away behind you and Batman will jump across the screen to hit him.

So, all you have to do is point camera at enemy, click mouse button, point camera at different enemy, click mouse button and Batman will fly all over the screen from one enemy to another. You can easily attain perfect combo chains without getting hit once (in the demo fights at least.) Obviously, there will be a little more challenge to it than this in the real game, but I still think that KB/Mouse will be the way to go. Whether it's more fun or not is up to the individual.

EDIT:
    Also, if you think about it - on a controller your thumb is trying to perform all 3 of the most basic combat moves at once. Right thumb stick to move camera, X to strike, and Y to counter.

While with KB/Mouse you have your whole hand to move camera, pointer finger to left click to strike, and middle finger to right click to counter. Each basic combat task has individual attention.

yep yep,, i'll think i'll use the k/m over the controller, but i'm happy i have a controller for pc,, easier to play other games as in devil may cry 4, race-games, and several other shooters =)

but batman yes indeed it will be nicer with mouse & keyboard,, altho i hope we will be able to adjust some keys tho but we will get used to it ^^

anyone got the logitech rumble pad 2 to work properly? with batman?

no matter what settings i chose the forward/backward movement is always inverted.

Originally Posted by Cruis.In
    anyone got the logitech rumble pad 2 to work properly? with batman?

no matter what settings i chose the forward/backward movement is always inverted.
    That's supposed to be fixed in the game release I read

If u want use Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 download this file from this link : http://www.hwupgrade.it/forum/attach...9&d=1255392238
    or this link : http://www.mininova.org/tor/3042367
    Instruction:
    1. Download this file

2. Replace the original file at: C:\Users\Your name\Documents\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\BmGame\Config

3. Launch the game

4- This function is working ONLY during the game

This file is ONLY READ files. If u want modified this pls change properties.

I'm going to have to vote for both:

Keyboard and mouse: far better for predator sections, easier to look around, can check in a split second if an enemy is in a certain direction, an analouge stick isn't that good for this.

Controller: much better for combat. the 360 degree analogue stick means that Batman does exactly what I tell him to do, I can block 90% of the time, whereas using the 4 way wasd makes blocking more a matter of luck, no matter how much I change the angle with the mouse.

Most of the rest of the game can be played well with either, most controller's will give you the rumble/vibration, if that kind of thing turns you on, the only other thing i've noticed with a controller is you can change direction of the camera with the right stick when talking and during the Scarecrow scenes.

luckily you can switch between both methods (usually) without much hassle so you can get the best of both worlds, I wish there was a way you could use both but pressing anything on the controller disables the mouse until you let go

Keyboard/mouse work perfectly fine.

i'm using a ps2 controller with a converter for the pc
    any help here or should i just use xpadder
    i dont really like using it since it seems to slow and the controller doesn't have the same response

this worked for me, seems responsive to me.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...25#post1186325

Originally Posted by deders
    this worked for me, seems responsive to me.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...25#post1186325
    link broken xD

Originally Posted by Nightmaregk13
    link broken xD
    My apologies, the thread must have been moved, here's the actual link
    it was customised by Deva for the ps2 controller
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1TXS9TOM

My apologies, the thread must have been moved, here's the actual link
    it was customised by Deva for the ps2 controller
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1TXS9TOM
    thanks but the analogs are all messed up
    i walk forward he goes backward
    i look left he looks up xD
    any solution?

thanks but the analogs are all messed up
    i walk forward he goes backward
    i look left he looks up xD
    any solution?
    try using the custom ini files that deva made especialy for the ps2 conroller, if that doesn't work then it shouldn't be too hard to edit the ini file yourself.

try using the custom ini files that deva made especialy for the ps2 conroller, if that doesn't work then it shouldn't be too hard to edit the ini file yourself.
    is the .ini in the zipped folder?
    i opened it and opened the .ini files but there was no ps2 configuration

is the .ini in the zipped folder?
    i opened it and opened the .ini files but there was no ps2 configuration
    i can't remember if the zipped ones are the originals or the custom but try using them instead of the original ones and see if it makes any difference.

i can't remember if the zipped ones are the originals or the custom but try using them instead of the original ones and see if it makes any difference.
    nope i tried both and even tried changing the .ini at the preview it works but ingame the analogs are still the same
    also i cant use the keyboard to do a corner cover ctrl+space for some reason i had to use a mix between controller and bad analogs to defeat zsasz the first time

if you know the proper .ini settings you can just paste them here?
    i tried looking for the thread you suggested but got nothing
    thnx in advance if you can get me anything that fixes the analog

ok, this is just the joypad section exactly as I have it which works the same way for me both in the preview and the full game. this should be the same as what you have as i've not needed to change it for my ps2 pad. are you sure you haven't got any inverted control settings in either the game launcher or the game options? I asume that the updated ini (and all the other 360 emu files) in the same folder as the game .exe (binaries)?

#Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 / Generic Rumble Controller
    [PAD1]
    Index=0 #controller index in game controllers list; 0 is first; -1 to ignore this pad
    Left Analog X=1 #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable
    Left Analog Y=-2 #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable
    Right Analog X=6 #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable
    Right Analog Y=-3 #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable
    Left Analog X Linear=0 #-100 to +100 raise this number to increase sensitivity near center
    Left Analog Y Linear=0 #-100 to +100 raise this number to increase sensitivity near center
    Right Analog X Linear=0 #-100 to +100 raise this number to increase sensitivity near center
    Right Analog Y Linear=0 #-100 to +100 raise this number to increase sensitivity near center
    Left Analog X+ Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
    Left Analog X- Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
    Left Analog Y+ Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
    Left Analog Y- Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
    Right Analog X+ Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
    Right Analog X- Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
    Right Analog Y+ Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
    Right Analog Y- Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
    D-pad POV=1 #POV index; 0 to disable
    D-pad Up=0 #button id; 0 to disable
    D-pad Down=0 #button id; 0 to disable
    D-pad Left=0 #button id; 0 to disable
    D-pad Right=0 #button id; 0 to disable
    A=3 #button id; 0 to disable
    B=2 #button id; 0 to disable
    X=4 #button id; 0 to disable
    Y=1 #button id; 0 to disable
    Left Shoulder=7 #button id; 0 to disable
    Right Shoulder=8 #button id; 0 to disable
    Back=9 #button id; 0 to disable
    Start=10 #button id; 0 to disable
    Left Thumb=11 #button id; 0 to disable
    Right Thumb=12 #button id; 0 to disable
    Left Trigger=5 #button id; precede with 'a' for an axis; eg; a-6; for a slider precede with 's' eg; s-1
    Right Trigger=6 #button id; precede with 'a' for an axis; eg; a-6; for a slider precede with 's' eg; s-1
    UseForceFeedback=1 #use 0 to 1; default 0
    ForceLargeGain=10000 #use 0 to 10000; default 10000; effect intensity
    ForceLargePeriod=120000 #use 0 to 200000; default 120000; effect frequency; wheel only
    ForceLargeFadeTime=10 #use 0 to 100; default 10
    ForceLargeFadeIn=0 #use 0 to 1; default 1
    ForceLargeFadeOut=0 #use 0 to 1; default 1
    ForceLargeStartMag=0 #use 0 to 10000; default 2000; effect will begin with this value
    ForceSmallGain=10000 #use 0 to 10000; default 10000; effect intensity
    ForceSmallPeriod=30000 #use 0 to 200000; default 30000; effect frequency; wheel only
    ForceSmallFadeTime=10 #use 0 to 100 default 10
    ForceSmallFadeIn=0 #use 0 to 1; default 1
    ForceSmallFadeOut=0 #use 0 to 1; default 1
    ForceSmallStartMag=0 #use 0 to 10000; default 2000; effect will begin with this value
    WheelInertiaGain=2500 #use 0 to 10000; default 2500; effect intensity; wheel only
    WheelSpringGain=5000 #use 0 to 10000; default 5000; effect intensity; wheel only
    SteeringWheel=0 #use 0 to 1; enable for all wheel effects

the layout will be slightly different because the forum eliminates more than one space and tabs.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last