Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Glitch in Aviary

Glitch in Aviary

  1. #1

    Glitch in Aviary

    Hi Guys,

    I'm about 34% through the game, and I really don't want to start over.

    So I had rescued the orderlies from the Aviary, played for about another minute, and quit for the night. Woke up this morning, turned on the game, and now the orderies are back in the cages, there is a single armed baddie, and when he's taken out there seems to be no way to get the cages lowered.

    After taking out the armed guard I cannot leave the room from either door, cannot cause the cages to lower from the control room.

    Any thoughts? I'm really flipping frustrated.

  2. #2
    you just have to sneak past all guards and kill the guy in the green box. then kill the rest of the guards. just use silent takedowns
    Gamertag: vinny d123

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by vinny d123
    you just have to sneak past all guards and kill the guy in the green box. then kill the rest of the guards. just use silent takedowns
    Batman doesnt kill
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

  4. #4
    You didnt reach the save point. Be sure ur objective is completed before u quit. Or you've found a new fight. Game seems to auto save once objective is completed or you've found new henchman.

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by BatmanBloopers
    You didnt reach the save point. Be sure ur objective is completed before u quit. Or you've found a new fight. Game seems to auto save once objective is completed or you've found new henchman.
    And when you go through certain doors
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

  6. #6
    I had killed/knocked out all the guys, and released the orderlies in the cages. I talked to them even. Then I quit.

    Now I'm trapped in the room, unable to leave out either door (Batman says "if I leave, people will die"), with one live henchman/clownie who if I knock out nothing new happens, the orderlies are back in the cages, and the guy in the control tower is already gone. In fact, my savegame starts from that control tower, but I can't save the caged guys! I can't leave! THIS BLOWS GOATS!!!

    I'm assuming from the lack of responses this glitch is isolated to me, yay!

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by Tinsley
    I had killed/knocked out all the guys, and released the orderlies in the cages. I talked to them even. Then I quit.

    Now I'm trapped in the room, unable to leave out either door (Batman says "if I leave, people will die"), with one live henchman/clownie who if I knock out nothing new happens, the orderlies are back in the cages, and the guy in the control tower is already gone. In fact, my savegame starts from that control tower, but I can't save the caged guys! I can't leave! THIS BLOWS GOATS!!!

    I'm assuming from the lack of responses this glitch is isolated to me, yay!
    There are 2 save points in this room, the first when you enter and the second after you have got the thug by the lever.
    You have to remove the threat of all thugs in the room before the cages are lowered.
    If you have removed all the thugs and the cages don't lower, then this is a problem that hasn't been seen before.

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Rockatansky
    There are 2 save points in this room, the first when you enter and the second after you have got the thug by the lever.
    You have to remove the threat of all thugs in the room before the cages are lowered.
    If you have removed all the thugs and the cages don't lower, then this is a problem that hasn't been seen before.
    Son of a *

    Yep, apparently I'm just the special one to find a true bug.

    I really would prefer not to start from scratch.....

  9. #9
    I just finished this level today and I'm curious has anyone told u about the secret door in the level. By this I mean the orderly character in the game ? Also what happens after you take out the lone guard left ?

  10. #10
    can we ever use the word kill without people getting upset?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2

    Aviary Savegame

    Can someone upload his savegame from the aviary ,mine got overwritten somehow...

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by deathsshadow
    can we ever use the word kill without people getting upset?
    No.
    My Batman: Gotham City Fan Fic (A sequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum):
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...=1#post1168741

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2
    No one can upload his savegame from Aviary?

  14. #14
    Your not alone on this. Exactly the problem I have been having to. There seems to be no way to progress as the cages do not lower. Everytime i restart it is in the control tower with 1 guard circling below.

    Too far in to start again. Any possible way of getting through this ?

  15. #15
    The word 'glitch' seems to get thrown about when its usually down to human error....or am I just a tool for saying that?

  16. #16
    Originally Posted by Brako
    The word 'glitch' seems to get thrown about when its usually down to human error....or am I just a tool for saying that?
    You're definitely a tool. The only human error here is the error on the part of Eidos' QA testers who missed this bug.

    It seems a number of people have run into this bug, so it would be nice if Eidos would bother to comment on it, either to give us a fix or let us know there will be one in the next patch.

    And once again, if there's anyone with a save in the Botanical Gardens who'd be willing to upload it(the /savgame folder and the /XLive folder) it would be greatly appreciated.

  17. #17
    It’s not a bug in the game’s code, it’s a bug in your moral code j/k
    ALIAS the number 1 TV show!
    This is funny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jicuL...eature=related

  18. #18
    Originally Posted by batman4747
    It’s not a bug in the game’s code, it’s a bug in your moral code j/k
    I'm playing a retail copy, and everything has worked fine up until now.

    I know it's difficult to contemplate, but the legitimate v1.0 version of Batman: Arkham Asylum may actually contain, *gasp*, a bug!

  19. #19
    I am curious,

    Did you....
    "He's taken one of you out...And not in the good first date kind of way" The Joker

  20. #20
    Originally Posted by cronball
    I am curious,

    Did you....
    What security device? I've followed the trail of fingerprints to the hidden door, but when I try to open it I get a line about lives being at risk. Same thing with opening the door I came in.

    When I went through the area the first time, after taking out all 5 thugs a cutscene automatically plays, the cages are lowered, and the orderlies released. But when I 'Continue Game', I get dumped into the control room where the henchmen was, with only a single henchmen in the area patrolling down below. When I take him out, nothing happens, and I still can't leave.

    I've looked everywhere and I'm pretty sure I haven't seen any of the hackable boxes on the wall, and there's nothing to interact with in the control room to lower the cages.

    Originally Posted by cronball
    You may have a real glitch but just in case:



    I hope this helps. I do hate the autosave. I would prefer more control.
    That's the problem, I found the grate but can't open it while the orderlies are trapped.

    It does seem rather ridiculous not to have, at the very least, a couple rotating autosaves.

  21. #21
    Originally Posted by Acheron
    I'm playing a retail copy, and everything has worked fine up until now.

    I know it's difficult to contemplate, but the legitimate v1.0 version of Batman: Arkham Asylum may actually contain, *gasp*, a bug!
    I know that's why I put joking on the top.
    ALIAS the number 1 TV show!
    This is funny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jicuL...eature=related

  22. #22
    You may have a real glitch but just in case:



    I hope this helps. I do hate the autosave. I would prefer more control.
    "He's taken one of you out...And not in the good first date kind of way" The Joker

  23. #23
    I am having the same problem. I beat up all the thugs..watched the scene where the cages come down...was on my way to talk to the orderlies when BAM..my daughter unplugs my xbox. When i get it all turned back on...im back up in the tower...there are joker teeth jumpin around and the orderlies are back in their cages. I search for a thug or something to beat up to get the ball rollin again...but nothing. Before my daughter unplugged my game, i had already found the the thing to open the secret door, but when i reset, it was closed again and it wont let me open until the orderlies are released..I really dont wanna restart.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1
    I hit the same issue in the Xbox 360 version. I died to the henchmen after hitting the save point and now my save is stuck with the single henchman left. Should be easy for the developers to reproduce since it seems to happen to most people that don't make it to the next save point.

  25. #25
    *Bump*

    This glitch just happened to me today. If you die after having killed the guy in the tower, the control henchman or whatever he's called, it will load up a checkpoint where you are in the tower. Only one of the four remaining guards will appear. If you kill him, the game does not continue. The hostages can't be saved, and there are no enemies to kill in order to save them. Can someone please inform me on how to contact Edios about this issue? Is there any way that I can revert to an ealier save (I'm going to assume no, considering that the game autosaves). Any help is apreciated, cause right now it feels like I wasted $50. Considering that even if I replay the 5 hours it took me to get to that point in the game, if I die at the same spot, then I'll have to redo it again. Every single little bit of help is appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last