Page 9 of 10 First First ... 5678910 Last

Thread: Can your PC handle Batman?

Can your PC handle Batman?

I'm having issue's with the game loading, sound stutters and screen locks. I've read there is an issue with realtech sound card drivers but I'm running a SB Audigy 2 ZS (WDM). This is the full PC version not a pirated copy or the demo.What to do ?

Pentium 4 3.4ghz
    4 gb ram
    SB Audigy 2 ZS (WDM)
    XFX GeForce 9500 GT 1 GB DDR2

While this isn't the fastest system it's above the bare minimums required.
    Any Ideas ???
    lowdak :cool:

I'd start by reducing all graphics setings in the launcher.
    If you want to rule out your soundcard, you can temporarily disable it in device manager and see if the problem persists.
    do you play many other PC games on that machine?

Yeah, Quake 4, Doom 3, Bio Shock etc. They all run fine with the graphics maxxed. I'll try disableing the sound card and try it again.
    Thanks.

Quake 4 and doom 3 are of a different generation and won't demand as much from your computer, and even though bioshock uses the same engine as BAA, it's not as demanding.
    The 9500gt only has 32 shader cores, the recommended gfx card is a 9800gt which has 112. See if it runs any smoother with the graphics set to low, then turn the options up one at at time to find out which ones are causing problems.

Disabled sound card and the game now runs. I'm going to see if there's newer drivers for the sound card if not looks like I'll be upgrading. Didn't mess with graphics yet but it looks fine and seems to run fine.

Thanks Again.

Well, found updated drivers.That's the good news bad news it didn't work it still locks up with sound card enabled. I saw a reference somewhere about using a file editor to edit the sound file from 200 ? to 32 n the game and that fixed some peoples issues. Anyone know where I can find this info ?

Thanks

open BmEngine.ini (My Documents\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\BmGame\Config) and search for MaxChannels

How do I modify this when I try it won't accept the changes,Do I need a file editor program of some sort ?

before you open the file, right click, select properties and make sure read only isn't ticked. might be worth backing up the files you want to edit.

Here is a CLEAN simple app, that will tell you what, how and why you CAN or CANNOT run ANY pc game.

http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/intro.aspx
    http://www.arkham-themovie.com/

Thanks deders I'll do that.

VXR I've already run that program and it shows that my setup will run this game.

Thanks All

Hi, I have the demo, my computer was able to run it, but when fighing or moving, it runs slow.
    I visited Can you run it, and acording to the site I should be able to play it with the minimum requirements:
    CPU
    Minimum: Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 3500+
    You Have: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz
    PASS

CPU Speed
    Minimum: 3.0 GHz
    You Have: 2.00 GHz Performance Rated at: 3 GHz
    PASS

RAM
    Minimum: XP = 1 GB, Vista = 2GB
    You Have: 1023.5 MB
    PASS

OS
    Minimum: Windows XP & Vista
    You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
    PASS

Video Card
    Minimum: 128 MB 3D Graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or ATI Radeon X1300 or better)
    You Have: GeForce 8400 GS
    PASS
    Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
    Required You Have
    Video RAM 128 MB 512.0 MB
    Hardware T&L Yes Yes
    Pixel Shader version 3.0 3.0
    Vertex Shader version 3.0 3.0
    Also I have configured my nvidia settings to boost the performance (disabled antianliasing and all that stuff)
    Am I missing something?

Most of your system is just above minimum spec, unfortunately I think it's your graphics card that lets you down. The minimum for this game is a 6600 which at the time was a decent card, just because card is from a higher series of cards doesn't mean it's a faster card.

Have you tried minimising all the graphics settings in the launcher? you may still find you can run it, if you find you can, then try bringing some of the settings up one at a time and see if it runs smoothly.

Try running fraps (google it) which will give you an idea of what framerate you are running at. Ideally you should be around 30, the eye sees things smoothly at 24fps+ so if you can keep it above or around that you should be fine.

Originally Posted by deders
    Ideally you should be around 30, the eye sees things smoothly at 24fps+ so if you can keep it above or around that you should be fine.
    If my fps drops to anything below 60 I notice it :|

Originally Posted by jelbo
    If my fps drops to anything below 60 I notice it :|
    depends on the game, this game runs suprisingly smoothly on my setup at anything above 24.

Some games, like you say suffer below 60

Thumbs Down

CPU = Intel Dual Core E8400 @ 3.6GHz
    Os = Windows 7 64bit
    Ram = Maxed at 4GB Ram
    Video Card = Ati Radeon 4870 Dark Knight Edition ( 1GB)

Was getting frequent BSODs around 20-30 minutes into the game on maxed settings. Switched to high settings and the BSOD evolved into crashing to desktop. Medium settings run the game smoothly.
    I can play every game on maxed settings : Mass effect 2 , dragon age, Bioshock 1 & 2 etc.

I dont think this game supports ATI.

Thumbs Down

nevermind double post...

@raacut, Sounds like overheating to me

Thats the thing! When i had maxed out settings and i ran the benchmark, it was giving me an average of 93 fps. the lowest it went was 43, cant remember the highest.

Maybe i should not overclock my card . currently gpu is at 800 mhz ( stock 750) and memory clock is 1000mhz ( stock is 900)

again this is the only game i cant run on maxed settings.

I'd try running it at normal speed and see how long you can play it for then

Cool

I did try underclocking my card back to factory settings, still same crashes. This game doesnt support ATI I believe, or ATI doesnt support this game. Whatever , This game is too good to whine about. I can settle for medium settings.

I will always be an ATI customer though , so il think twice about buying an EIDOS game next time. Ofcourse if its 12 bucks then I wont think at all !

the game works fine on ATI cards, apart from a couple of features, you still get a better looking game than you would on the consoles. Most people can play it fine. I'd try opening your case and seeing if it runs for longer, also check for dust on your cpu heatsink, I had to clear mine a few times when my computer just shut down unexpectedly.

Originally Posted by deders
    the game works fine on ATI cards, apart from a couple of features, you still get a better looking game than you would on the consoles. Most people can play it fine. I'd try opening your case and seeing if it runs for longer, also check for dust on your cpu heatsink, I had to clear mine a few times when my computer just shut down unexpectedly.
    If my computer were crashing with other games too, I would consider it. As things are Batman aa is the odd one out .

A few people have commented on this forum that they wouldn't expect heating issues as they can run supposedly more intensive games without any problem, but it usually turns out that this game generates more heat from graphics cards more than most, and their problems are solved by getting more of an airflow going.

The only other thing I can think it might be is your psu, but I think heating is more likely. especially as it seems to occur after a short period of gameplay, and turning the graphics down resolves it.

Well you were right. I was cleaning up my room and decided to clean my pc while I was at it. Turns out there was quite a bit of dust on my card. upon cleaning it , my graphic card temps dropped by 10 degrees. I never noticed it because i recently setup dual monitors, and thought the temperature rise was because of that. Anyways Batman doesnt crash anymore and i can enjoy the game on max settings. So thanks !

Page 9 of 10 First First ... 5678910 Last