Page 3 of 10 First First 1234567 ... Last

Thread: Can your PC handle Batman?

Can your PC handle Batman?

Yes, I can run the game...

But tell me, before I buy it, is it any good?

What's the rating of it?

I found that running it in XP as opposed to vista makes for smoother gameplay, meaning I can have 4x anti-aliasing instead of 2x and it still runs smoother even if i don't overclock my graphics. Plus all the physx debris on the scarecrow levels runs much smoother even on very high @1680x1050.
    Also being able to calibrate the monitor using nvidia's display optimisation wizard in XP (something you can't do in Vista) makes the colours that much richer.
    apart from that the only graphical difference I can see is the ambient occlusion seems more subtle in XP, which in turn makes the lack of anti-aliasing on ambiently occluded edges less noticable.

Athlon64x2 5200 @3010
    Nforce590
    4GB DDR2 800
    X-FI Xtreme Gamer
    2x 9800GTX+ SLI off

Originally Posted by angelus0901
    Yes, I can run the game...

But tell me, before I buy it, is it any good?

What's the rating of it?

yeah it's well worth playing, id give it a high 8/10 overall. if it was a bit more challenging I'd probably give it a high 9

I take Batman: Arkham Asylum to get installed on my laptop and I wait. BUT NO! My video card can't support the game and I can't replace it because its build right into my laptop. This is what I get for all the I had to do with my laptop? Once again I get ted on and jipped. Why is it so hard to ask for one f**king thing to go right for me? I'd love an answer! I gotta return this game. All the money I've spent, repairing my OS, and the waiting all for nothing! ALL FOR NOTHING!!!

batfan89
    What is your graphics card?

the video card is what's the problem as the people at my local computer shop told me

BatFan89, did you run a test to see if your card is the problem?

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

Originally Posted by angelus0901
    BatFan89, did you run a test to see if your card is the problem?

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest
    obviously not

Originally Posted by BatFan89
    I take Batman: Arkham Asylum to get installed on my laptop and I wait. BUT NO! My video card can't support the game and I can't replace it because its build right into my laptop. This is what I get for all the I had to do with my laptop? Once again I get ted on and jipped. Why is it so hard to ask for one f**king thing to go right for me? I'd love an answer! I gotta return this game. All the money I've spent, repairing my OS, and the waiting all for nothing! ALL FOR NOTHING!!!
    you took it to someone to install it for you?? look if you dont understand hardware or even how to install your own game then pc gaming is not for you. not trying to sound mean but somebody like you would be would be much better off with a console.

i'm currently runing it on
    core 2 quad 2.66 Ghz
    4 GB Ram
    Nvidia 9800 GT 1 GB
    And its runing amazingly on high details......cool

I am playing it on my Athlon X2 4400+ 2,2 GHZ socket 939 2 gb ram ddr 400 8800gt 512mb. I am playing it on max settings 1280x1024(wtihout Physx) and it works perfect. But if i enable Physx it is runs slow like a turtle! Why?? Why it works perfect on max settings without physx but runs so slow with physx enabled. My pc is very powerful it can ran 99% of games with no prolbem...

STOCKMAN - do you have an ATI graphics card? The extra PhysX content requires an NVIDIA card for hardware acceleration.

Originally Posted by bbb
    STOCKMAN - do you have an ATI graphics card? The extra PhysX content requires an NVIDIA card for hardware acceleration.
    8800gt is nvidia

Originally Posted by STOCKMAN
    I am playing it on my Athlon X2 4400+ 2,2 GHZ socket 939 2 gb ram ddr 400 8800gt 512mb. I am playing it on max settings 1280x1024(wtihout Physx) and it works perfect. But if i enable Physx it is runs slow like a turtle! Why?? Why it works perfect on max settings without physx but runs so slow with physx enabled. My pc is very powerful it can ran 99% of games with no prolbem...
    Eidos recommend either a single 260 for normal physx or a 260 for rendering and at least a 250/9800gtx+ dedicated to physx for smooth rendering and i can say this is pretty accurate. I have 2 9800gtx+'s and if i turn everything up and play in XP instead of Vista I get smooth frames (30+) most of the way through the game. I think if one or both of my cards were 260's i'd get smooth frames all the way through. unfortunately for you most the 112 shader cores on your card are already working as hard as they can to make the game look great, which doesn't leave much headroom for anything else to be calculated on them, like Physx.

I've just read on another thread that someone was having similar problems in the scarecrow levels, when the physx is used to full effect. He had a single 260 but found when he updated the drivers for his realtek soundcard, the framerates vastly improved to around 30-40fps, might be worth checking if all your drivers are up to date.

Originally Posted by gclhoutx
    Considering at that time I was going to do a multi boot setup and still leave my original Windows XP OS on. Hence in order to do the multi boot Microsoft's website stated I had to use the same bit level as my previous operating system. So then it goes back even further to my existing copy of Windows XP Professional. At the time when I purchased the Windows XP Professional I got from Fry's there was no package difference between 32bit or 64bit it was just one box. Microsoft's website didn't even have it broken out in different bit levels as well. So all in all I wasn't going to pay for another operating system that I had already purchased at a different bit level.
    the bit level makes no difference when dual booting, I dual boot XPpro32 and Vista 64 with no issues whatsoever, the 2 operating systems are completely independant of each other (mine share a partition for programmes and another for storage but the actual OS's are on separate partitions and never the twain shall meet)

Originally Posted by STOCKMAN
    your pc is okay but it is far from "very powerful". that cpu of yours is actually pretty slow and is keeping even a card like your 8800gt from doing much more than 70-75% of what it is capable of. also if you actually look at what is recommended for running physx you are not even close.

Lappys are so popular, and they get told that their lappy is the by dixons or whatever.

They put a game on it and it has a heart attack. It happens on every forum.

The people that have a comp that can run the game well, know exactly what they have and what it's capable of.

pleomax, you are correct sir. it's not even so much the cpu or the hard drive that holds laptops back from being good mobile gaming machines... it's the graphics cards and the juice they need. my laptop (which I do think is badass) only needs 130w, at least that's the psu it came with. my gaming rig has a corsair 1000w psu. that extreme aside, even modest gaming rigs tend to have at least a 500w psu, so it becomes quite clear why laptops that are built to daintily sip juice can't keep up with a computer that is gulping juice through a funnel and a beer bong like it's on spring break.

more on topic, I'm interested in who IS running Batman AA on a laptop and on what settings (and what's inside the laptop).

Big Grin

My system can handle it with max setting at 1900x1200(see sig) plus using a GTX280 for PhysX card.
    Intel i7 920@3.8ghz, Asus PT6 x58, 3x2GB OCZ DDR3 1600mhz, eVga GTX285, Win 7 7600 RTM 64-bit, 3x60GB OCZ Vertex in Raid-0, Coolit Elite, PC Power & Cooling 910Watt PSU.

Originally Posted by badboy64
    My system can handle it with max setting at 1900x1200(see sig) plus using a GTX280 for PhysX card.
    Would be interesting to know how the 285 performs on the scarecrow levels without the 280

Originally Posted by deders
    Would be interesting to know how the 285 performs on the scarecrow levels without the 280
    I can tell you with two 280s that the majority of the 'Crow levels are fine (45-60fps), but there are a couple of places where they do drop to about 25-35fps. PhysX on high. If I only had one 280 I think PhysX would have to be off to make the Crow levels play fine.

Originally Posted by thetonyg
    I can tell you with two 280s that the majority of the 'Crow levels are fine (45-60fps), but there are a couple of places where they do drop to about 25-35fps. PhysX on high. If I only had one 280 I think PhysX would have to be off to make the Crow levels play fine.
    you would have thought that with almost twice the number of cores of the 8/9800s at it's disposal it would be able to do it all by itself. What res are we talking here?

Originally Posted by deders
    you would have thought that with almost twice the number of cores of the 8/9800s at it's disposal it would be able to do it all by itself. What res are we talking here?
    1920x1080. Maybe the PhysX just isn't optimized very well since it was tacked on after the fact? Some of the Nvidia PhysX demos I've seen are mind blowing compared to what we see in game. Regardless I still admire how smooth the entire game has run so far.

A question guys: wich ATI cards run good the game? Thanks!

Originally Posted by GuedesTDK
    A question guys: wich ATI cards run good the game? Thanks!
    what resolution is your monitor?

Page 3 of 10 First First 1234567 ... Last