Page 1 of 10 12345 ... Last

Thread: Can your PC handle Batman?

Can your PC handle Batman?

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander

Can your PC handle Batman?

I recommend can you run it.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/

Yeah, I like using that site as well. However there are still bugs with that site and doesn't always work correctly.

For instance My PC contains:
    CPU = Intel Dual Core E6850 @ 3.00GHz
    Os = Vista Ultimate 32bit Service Pack 2
    Ram = Maxed at 8GB Ram
    Video Cards = Running SLI Mode with 2 BFG 9800 GX2 1GB Cards (Total 2GB Video)
    Video Card Driver Version = 8.15.0011.9038

However That plugin only detects that my machine has:
    Ram = 1.7GB (Which states it failed minimum specs)

I'm able to run the Demo with everything on the highest settings except for the Anti-Aliasing which is always default set to none. Though when I max the AA to say like 16Q in the demo things start to really start to stall and hang. Which makes no difference to me, can't really see a difference with it in on anyway.

Originally Posted by gclhoutx
    Yeah, I like using that site as well. However there are still bugs with that site and doesn't always work correctly.

Ram = Maxed at 8GB Ram

I'm able to run the Demo with everything on the highest settings except for the Anti-Aliasing which is always default set to none. Though when I max the AA to say like 16Q in the demo things start to really start to stall and hang. Which makes no difference to me, can't really see a difference with it in on anyway.
    well that is all the ram you have available. why would you put 8gb of ram on a pc with a 32bit os? your os cant recognize more than 3.5 then your video cards are taking away from that address space too. not to mention how silly having 2 9800gx2 card are in the first place. those gpus only have 512mb of usable vram so all those modern games that need more will not even be able to actually fully use one 9800gx2 not to mention the second 9800gx2 in there. you have a very odd setup with wasted hardware there and clearly did not get advice before building it.
    Windows 7 Pro 64 bit || i5 2500K || MSI P67A-G45 || Galaxy GTX570 || G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB 1600 DDR3 || Samsung F3 1TB || HAF 912 case || Antec Neo Eco 520 watt

Originally Posted by trek554
    well that is all the ram you have available. why would you put 8gb of ram on a pc with a 32bit os? your os cant recognize more than 3.5 then your video cards are taking away from that address space too. not to mention how silly having 2 9800gx2 card are in the first place. those gpus only have 512mb of usable vram so all those modern games that need more will not even be able to actually fully use one 9800gx2 not to mention the second 9800gx2 in there. you have a very odd setup with wasted hardware there and clearly did not get advice before building it.
    Yeah, well it was a combination of things. First off I got those video cards, ram, motherboard, and CPU when they just came out near the end of 2007. At that time they were supposedly the best card around and everything was SLI compatible. Then the second thing was when I purchased the Windows Vista Ultimate, I got it online straight through Microsoft as a download. Considering at that time I was going to do a multi boot setup and still leave my original Windows XP OS on. Hence in order to do the multi boot Microsoft's website stated I had to use the same bit level as my previous operating system. So then it goes back even further to my existing copy of Windows XP Professional. At the time when I purchased the Windows XP Professional I got from Fry's there was no package difference between 32bit or 64bit it was just one box. Microsoft's website didn't even have it broken out in different bit levels as well. So all in all I wasn't going to pay for another operating system that I had already purchased at a different bit level.

well maybe you should pick up an oem copy of Windows 7 64 bit for 100 bucks in October. I would also try and sell those cards and just grab a gtx260 or gtx275. that would give better playability with having more vram and no sli issues. then in about six months or so after the new nvidia cards have come out and prices stabilized grab something from like a gtx360 or so. I also would look towards i7 or i5 after the 32nm shrink next year around late spring. just something to think about...
    Windows 7 Pro 64 bit || i5 2500K || MSI P67A-G45 || Galaxy GTX570 || G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB 1600 DDR3 || Samsung F3 1TB || HAF 912 case || Antec Neo Eco 520 watt

Originally Posted by gclhoutx

Ram = Maxed at 8GB Ram

How does your computer RUN with 8GB and a 32-bit OS? Unless my math skills deteriorated in the past year, I'm pretty sure that the MAX RAM a 32-bit OS will support is 4GB of RAM. That could be part of your problem. I don't know where you got your computer from, but I know I have a DELL, and though it has 4 memory slots, a max of 1G is supported in each slot. So I have a max of 4GB in my PC on a 32-bit Home Premium Vista Install. Other than that, your rig seems fine, but I think you're confusing the hell out of your own computer with the RAM
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

There is nothing wrong with the test, your computer is only using 1.7GB of your RAM.

As Nemesis296 said, a 32-bit operating system can only support 4GB RAM, video memory included.
    Since your video card has 2GB Windows is only able to use 2GB of your RAM.

You should install Windows Vista or 7 x64 because 6GB of your RAM is not being used.

All I need is a 2.4 ghz dual core and I happen to have a 2.1 It sucks really bad when your system starts to barely cut it for pc gaming. You say to yourself, what a kick in the head, I have to spend another 200 bucks just to get a small boost in my processor.

Originally Posted by 1130210
    All I need is a 2.4 ghz dual core and I happen to have a 2.1 It sucks really bad when your system starts to barely cut it for pc gaming. You say to yourself, what a kick in the head, I have to spend another 200 bucks just to get a small boost in my processor.
    what cpu do you actually have and where do you that it says 2.4 dual core cpu is needed in the first place. also its not the speed that matters its the actually family of cpus. a 2.0 Core 2 cpu is much faster than 2.0 amd X2 for example.

Can My PC Handle the game?

I hope it could but nope i don't think so.

Unfronutately no my pc can not run it on max settings

I have Athlon X2 4400 2,2 GHZ
    2 GB RAM DDR 400
    8800 GT 512 MB
    It runs well on max settings 1280x1024 withour physx but if i enable physx the game becomes unplayble. Will the final version of the game run faster?

My PC laughs at this game, Even with PhysX maxed.

Core i7 920@3.6
    6GB DDR3@1600 T-Chan
    Two 9800GTX's in SLI
    EVGA x58 Tri SLI mobo
    Asus 21.5" HDMI 1080p

my new PC plays the game so much faster im finding it hard to keep up.. its making it much harder... kinda miss the 10-15fps i was playing on.

incidentally i was toying around and i upped the refresh rate of my lcd tv/monitor from 24hertz to 50.. im sure i read that could actually make videos and such play faster (like partial fast forward) is that true

Im currently running :

Q6600 G0 @ 3.6ghz
    8GB Kingston Hyper X @ 1066mhz 4-4-4-14
    GTX 260, 896mb @ 2250mhz
    Asus P5Q Deluxe
    LG 47" 1080p TV + LG 22" 1080p Monitor via HDMI

have ran the game maxed settings 1080p rez no problem at all easily 60+ fps on both 22"+47" screens, have played through about 17% of the game not one problem yet

got quite a few achievments too, check out my sig link

CPU
    Recommended: Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4Ghr) or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+
    You Have: 4 processors running - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz PASS
    System RAM
    Recommended: XP = 2GB, Vista = 3GB
    You Have: 3.2 GB PASS
    Operating System
    Recommended: Windows XP & Vista
    You Have: Microsoft (Build 7600) FAIL: Sorry, your operating system does not meet this recommended requirement. Want to Upgrade? If so click the 'We Recommend'.

Video Card
    Recommended: 512 MB 3D Graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3870 or better)
    You Have: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT (GeForce 8800 GT) PASS
    Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 512 MB , You have - 1.9 GB
    Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
    Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
    Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 3.0 , You have - 4.0
    Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 3.0 , You have - 4.0

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)
    Your driver version number is: 8.16.11.9062 FYI: Your video card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper video card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.
    Free Disk Space
    Recommended: 9 GB
    You Have: 425.3 GB PASS

Oop, apperently windows 7 is a non-existant OS. (7600 = full retail)

Pc talk...

yes i can run this game easy

e8400 3.0ghz
    hd 4870 512mb
    4gb kingston

Cool

rig -

pentium dual-core e6300 @ stock clocks
    gigabyte ga-g31m-es2c (rev. 1.x)
    2 x 2gb ddr2 800 @ dual channel enabled
    asus geforce 9600gt 512mb ddr3 @ stock clocks
    onboard 8-channel sound

gonna play arkham in this poor rig @ 800x600 or 1024x768 resolution. i think i'm not gonna face any prob even turning PhysX to high.

I also have a problem when you start the game The game reports BmLauncher stopped working I have Vista Ultimate 64 bit
    CPU: Intel Core Quad Q9550 2.83GHz
    8 GB RAM DDR 3
    Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT
    DirectX 10
    I installed all new drivers which may be the problem?
    in my operating system, Vista Ultimate 64 bit?

I am very sad stack I wanted to buy this game

Cool site. I have a laptop and passed the minimum requirements but failed the recommended. So will I be able to play this game without any problems?
    Save the Junglist!
    http://www.savejunglist.com/

Originally Posted by William
    Cool site. I have a laptop and passed the minimum requirements but failed the recommended. So will I be able to play this game without any problems?
    well have you tried the demo?? also without knowing your exact specs we cant even guess at how it would run.

I think the question could also be "Can Batman handle my PC"

Hi I wanna ask you something trek554! I have a problem with the demo so I don't know how batman arkham asylum will work for me! I hope that the full game will work for me. I went to can you run it and I almost am betwen the minimum and recomended. I passed all of them except the RAM! I have 2 GB RAM! Here are my full computer specs:
    Widows Vista 32 Bit
    Processor:Amd Athlon Dual Core 4600+
    Memory:2 GB RAM
    Direct X 10.0
    Graphic Card:NVIDIA GeForce 8600GS
    HDD:360 GB(170 Gb Free)

What do I have to do to make it work at its full speed?If I disable physx or put it on medium will it work full speed?PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Sorry 2 botter u but I'm desperate!!!

I thought I had a decent enough system ... but even with these specs I still have very low fps rating. Anyone have any ideas?

x64 vista
    duo cpu t9600 @ 2.80ghz
    8 gb ram
    2x nvidia geforce 9400m g 1gb. adaptter ram 256 mb

the adapter ram something I dont understand....I got 2 vid cards with 1 gb each

this is for the demo

Originally Posted by lanceacarlisle
    I thought I had a decent enough system ... but even with these specs I still have very low fps rating. Anyone have any ideas?

x64 vista
    duo cpu t9600 @ 2.80ghz
    8 gb ram
    2x nvidia geforce 9400m g 1gb. adaptter ram 256 mb

the adapter ram something I dont understand....I got 2 vid cards with 1 gb each
    thats okay for low end notebook gaming but overall the 9400 is horrible compared to decent graphics card. it has half the power of an 8600gt which is a 3 year old low end card. you need to have physx off and then you should have no trouble with medium settings at 1280 or below.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... Last