Page 3 of 8 First First 1234567 ... Last

Thread: FFVII Launcher Problems

FFVII Launcher Problems

First of all, FF7 would not install: I got "Error Code: -5006 : 0x8000ffff" when i tried to install it.

So I installed it on my laptop, activated it, copied the install folder back over to my desktop, booted it up, then when I click "Play" on the client I get another error which is:

"CreateProcess returned a error..."

Error code: 193

Suggestions? Or did I just waste £8? Not impressed.

Still no replies?!

Originally Posted by RandomJay

Still no replies?!

No. The dev team does not browse these forums.
    I suggest you contact support with your problem.

Well I was hoping someonne on here would know.. I have already contaced the dev team with no reply.

Originally Posted by RandomJay

Well I was hoping someonne on here would know.. I have already contaced the dev team with no reply.

Yeah, unfortunatly they are kinda slow. But they must have been busy with the activation issues.

Bumping for...support...:-P

Try running the program as admin if you are using Win 7/ Vista. Otherwise, try updating your video card drivers, just in case that is the problem.

Exact same bull****.

Nothing but problems with this release.

They can publish wonderful PC games but can't put out a working port of their own ing game.

So... you installed it on your laptop

then copied the files over to your Pc, and expected it to work?

Programs have installers for a reason.. They set up registry keys and other stuff. If that information is not present, the game has no idea where to find the info it is looking for and will not run. Consdering the fact it connects to check for updates and verifies w/copy protection, its no wonder it doesn't work.

Originally Posted by imported_Zachary
    So... you installed it on your laptop

then copied the files over to your Pc, and expected it to work?

Programs have installers for a reason.. They set up registry keys and other stuff. If that information is not present, the game has no idea where to find the info it is looking for and will not run. Consdering the fact it connects to check for updates and verifies w/copy protection, its no wonder it doesn't work.
    Not in my case. Mine is installed directly onto the PC and I get the same issue.

I have the same problem. I had been playing everyday since I purchased the game about 3 days ago. Now when I hit the "play" button I get a crash

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: FF7_EN.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 00000000
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_e51a
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 99ed0000
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: e51a
    Additional Information 2: 4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433
    Additional Information 3: e51a
    Additional Information 4: 4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433

Read our privacy statement:
    go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&cl...

I've installed the game and activated/registered/whatever we're calling it using both the numbers that came in the e-mail. Everything downloaded and installed fine but when I press PLAY the launcher closes for a split second and comes right back up, and does nothing else. I've found a few other threads with similar issues and tried every fix I could find people listed in those threads, but none have helped at all. It seems the support is largely useless so I'm hoping another person out there might know what I might be able to do to get this working.

It's such a shame that this game is having so many issues. I was really looking forward to it. If I can't get playing by tomorrow I'll surely be returning this.

edit: solved

I have the same problem...

When I open the launcher, it asks my user and password, but then redirects me to the SE website (within the launcher) and I cant' see any "PLAY" button...

How did you solve it?

I requested a refund!

The launchers keep asking me to log in and takes me to Square Enix's site, can't find PLAY button!

Originally Posted by imported_Nicholas
    The launchers keep asking me to log in and takes me to Square Enix's site, can't find PLAY button!
    Same here... anyone?

There's a maintance on the site, so maybe that's why the launcher's been acting up, hopefully they fix it soon!

How did you get it fixed? I'm having problems with my launcher saying I'm not a registered user...

Hello taylor,

When you click on the "View Online Profile" does it still result in an error? If so, can you please advise the exact error message? Is it simply a 404 error?

Please note you can also avail of this feature at www.finalfantasyviipc.com by following the steps below.

<ul>[*]Click the log in button on the top right of the page[*]Select the SQUARE ENIX North America button[*]Log in with your username and password[*]Once logged in you will see a menu on the right side of the page, click on the "my profile" option[/list]

From here you will be able to manage your saves and see your achievements that you have unlocked.

Thanks!

Activation Code not working in game launcher (Final Fantasy 7 for PC)

After entering code, the screen turns to:

We're sorry, but something went wrong.

We've been notified about this issue and we'll look at it shortly.

Really?

Let me get this straight...I paid for the game, waiting 3 days for it to download (crappy internet connection), jump through hoops registering the damn thing, and all I get is "we'll look at it shortly"?

We'll look at it shortly.

What the hell does that mean?

What do I have to do to activate this game or who do I contact to get my money back?

Everything installed with no problems, no activation issues. Presented with the main menu screen and press "Play", menu goes away and the cursor turns into the loading circle, then it cycles back to the main menu again. Apologize if this has been posted already I searched several topics and didn't see one matching these symptoms.

I have been playing the game for about a month with no issues and just today ran into this issue. I was having another issue with game saves on my other computer to which SE was of no help. Anyone find an answer to this? I attempted running as administrator and checked my firewall and antivirus settings to make sure that it had the proper access with no success. There have not been any changes to the computer from when it worked and when it stopped working.

I'm having an issue where hitting Play will briefly minimize the client menu then return right to it.

No errors generated.

Ticket is in progress.

Same issue. We'll see what happens when my ticket is addressed.

Page 3 of 8 First First 1234567 ... Last